possible solution

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Re: possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Blache is likely to retire after this season. Russ Grimm is not qualified to be a head coach.

More qualified than Zorn. I want Grim. I want the legacy.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
duetsch215
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is already discussed in other threads
ok really..the thread is just for discussion. If you dont like the damn thread dont comment on it
Old 12-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #18
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
More qualified than Zorn. I want Grim. I want the legacy.
The Legacy would include any player that was on the team then. I still have yet to hear a good argument for Grimm.. I hear he's tough enough to make the players do well, I guess in that case the 49ers should be winning their division instead of sitting in 2nd in a weak division at 5-6

then I hear he'll address the o-line... might as well hire a HC to improve a QB in that case, oh wait...

Grimm is an offensive line coach for the Cardinals and was for the Steelers, neither teams are known for their o-line success, quite the opposite really

might as well promote bugel in that case
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I don't think much of adding 3-5 o linemen through free agency. I think that it would be a better move to hire a solid gm (holmgren would be great) and then let him bring in a offensive line coach who is really good and then pick up 2-3 oLs through the draft. Sure it will take some time to rebuild but who cares, this team is in rebuilding mode for the next 2 years.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
1. Fire Vinny Cerrato now. (at this very second)
2. Hire Mike Holmgren as President of Football Operations.
3. At season's end, terminate Jim Zorn's contract.
4. As soon as the season is over for the Arizona Cardinals bring in Russ Grimm for an interview. As a minority candidate, interview Greg Blache. Another possible candidate should be Jim Harbaugh (Current coach at Stanford) All are level headed, and tough coaches who would give the Redskins a competitive identity and motivate the players to play up to their talent level and potential. Also, both understand the correct way to build a championship program.
5. Whomever is chosen as the 28th Head Coach will be allowed to choose his coaching staff and should have at least 50% input on personnel decisions.
6. Re-sign Jason Campbell to a one year contract.
7. Through FA acquire 3-5 OL and a few backups including QB Chase Daniel (if the Saints do not sign him), and possibly a DB and an OLB.
8. With the top ten pick, select one of the many sought after OL including, but not limited to, such prospects as Russell Okung (Oklahoma State), Trent Williams (Oklahoma), Charles Brown (USC), and Bryan Bulaga (Iowa). With the rest of the draft choices, select 2-3 more OL, a QB, and depending on the draft board, possibly a DB, a LB, or a RB/WR.

Comments?

i agree with the Cerato move thats about it. Holmgren is going back to seattle as GM or to Cleveland as GM. Firing Zorn seems to be everyones wishes, but lets look a little deeper into that :

1) the team has shown some life since the 2nd half of the Atlanta game. We had them close until some missed tackles, beat Denver, Played Dallas great, and Philly close.
2) Holmgren isn't coming, Gruden isn't coming, Shanahan may go to Dallas or Buffalo, Cower isn't coming...so why fire a guy when there really isn't anyone else out there. I have said for years it takes more than two years to guage progression. I personally have seen this team respond both offensively and defensively the past 4 weeks. With out 4 of the probowl players on the field. I would keep Zorn and Campbell for another year (sign them to two year deals if possible)
3) Trade down in the draft. We need more than 1 top 10 player to make us better. Get rid of a couple of guys for draft picks (Portis, Moss, Randel El if possible) Draft O-lineman left and right. Let Betts compete for the job next year, let the young receivers we have PLAY!!!
4) I like Grimm too, but honestly not more qualified than Zorn at this point, why change everything for that? Not worth it, rather keep things the same than start over with another unproven guy.

I just see guys playing extremely hard right now and we are playing some very good teams pretty damn close. If we get rid of some guys that are all about me..me..me (Portis!!) I really think we have things in place to be a successful team, WITH ZORN.
This organization has bread into this fan base that we have to win and win now. that isn't how its done in the NFL anymore. Its patience, its drafting young talent, its cohesion amongst the coaching staff and players. I am so willing to give Zorn another year or two to prove everyone wrong..or right..instead of starting all over again, just to be in the same position again in two years when whomever comes here is 500 or worse!!
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Forget holmgren he is seattles now
I like the idea of grimm and harbaugh but shanahans our guy it seems
Blache will retire
Don't re-sign Campbell, i cant stand another year with this guy
I like the draft free agency idea though
I would also consider leslie Frazier as a head coaching candidate (the defensive coordinator from Minnesota)
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
1. Fire Vinny Cerrato now. (at this very second)
2. Hire Mike Holmgren as President of Football Operations.
3. At season's end, terminate Jim Zorn's contract.
4. As soon as the season is over for the Arizona Cardinals bring in Russ Grimm for an interview. As a minority candidate, interview Greg Blache. Another possible candidate should be Jim Harbaugh (Current coach at Stanford) All are level headed, and tough coaches who would give the Redskins a competitive identity and motivate the players to play up to their talent level and potential. Also, both understand the correct way to build a championship program.
5. Whomever is chosen as the 28th Head Coach will be allowed to choose his coaching staff and should have at least 50% input on personnel decisions.
6. Re-sign Jason Campbell to a one year contract.
7. Through FA acquire 3-5 OL and a few backups including QB Chase Daniel (if the Saints do not sign him), and possibly a DB and an OLB.
8. With the top ten pick, select one of the many sought after OL including, but not limited to, such prospects as Russell Okung (Oklahoma State), Trent Williams (Oklahoma), Charles Brown (USC), and Bryan Bulaga (Iowa). With the rest of the draft choices, select 2-3 more OL, a QB, and depending on the draft board, possibly a DB, a LB, or a RB/WR.

Comments?
Well you managed to wrap up stuff thats been posted 1000's of times in over 100 threads so lets talk about it some more.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well you managed to wrap up stuff thats been posted 1000's of times in over 100 threads so lets talk about it some more.
yeah in the threads it belongs in, surprised this thread hasn't been hijacked to see if red meat or white meat is better

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
yeah in the threads it belongs in, surprised this thread hasn't been hijacked to see if red meat or white meat is better
I perfer pink meat.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
i agree with the Cerato move thats about it. Holmgren is going back to seattle as GM or to Cleveland as GM. Firing Zorn seems to be everyones wishes, but lets look a little deeper into that :

1) the team has shown some life since the 2nd half of the Atlanta game. We had them close until some missed tackles, beat Denver, Played Dallas great, and Philly close.
2) Holmgren isn't coming, Gruden isn't coming, Shanahan may go to Dallas or Buffalo, Cower isn't coming...so why fire a guy when there really isn't anyone else out there. I have said for years it takes more than two years to guage progression. I personally have seen this team respond both offensively and defensively the past 4 weeks. With out 4 of the probowl players on the field. I would keep Zorn and Campbell for another year (sign them to two year deals if possible)
3) Trade down in the draft. We need more than 1 top 10 player to make us better. Get rid of a couple of guys for draft picks (Portis, Moss, Randel El if possible) Draft O-lineman left and right. Let Betts compete for the job next year, let the young receivers we have PLAY!!!
4) I like Grimm too, but honestly not more qualified than Zorn at this point, why change everything for that? Not worth it, rather keep things the same than start over with another unproven guy.

I just see guys playing extremely hard right now and we are playing some very good teams pretty damn close. If we get rid of some guys that are all about me..me..me (Portis!!) I really think we have things in place to be a successful team, WITH ZORN.
This organization has bread into this fan base that we have to win and win now. that isn't how its done in the NFL anymore. Its patience, its drafting young talent, its cohesion amongst the coaching staff and players. I am so willing to give Zorn another year or two to prove everyone wrong..or right..instead of starting all over again, just to be in the same position again in two years when whomever comes here is 500 or worse!!
Maybe not popular...but reasonable. The young guys are playing hard and the offense is doing better. Fix the o-line and I think we can see some marked improvement.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I perfer pink meat.
Monty: Okay, so how would you like your steak prepared?

Female Customer: Oh, let's see... Medium... medium-rare... Well, I want a hot, pink center.

Monty: Don't we all?

ST21
Old 12-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #27
Ilovebeer <3
Camp Scrub

Hmmm....... another redskin fan wanting a laundry list of change. thats refreshing. you cant buy a championship! mark my words: If zorn is to return next season (which COULD very well happen) they would show good to "oh my god" improvement, perhaps even a wildcard. THROW THE MAN A FRIGGIN BONE. left him get his feet under him.

If zorn we to be replaced i think it is in the interest of the team to keep zorn as a positional coach, if willing.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS **update**
-Draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-keep zorn
-keep J-CAMPBELL
-rid yourself of washups (clinton portis)
-give JC some flippin time and contacts
-drft a qb for 1 year from now. NOT CLAUSEN THE GUY IS A ASSCLOWN
Ilovebeer <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovebeer <3 View Post
Hmmm....... another redskin fan wanting a laundry list of change. thats refreshing. you cant buy a championship! mark my words: If zorn is to return next season (which COULD very well happen) they would show good to "oh my god" improvement, perhaps even a wildcard. THROW THE MAN A FRIGGIN BONE. left him get his feet under him.

If zorn we to be replaced i think it is in the interest of the team to keep zorn as a positional coach, if willing.

-Draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-keep zorn
-keep J-CAMPBELL
huh?

huh?

huh?

any why?

ST21
Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #29
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovebeer <3 View Post

-Draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-draft offensive linemen
-keep zorn
-keep J-CAMPBELL
Whoa bro you should be a GM somewhere.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #30
Ratt
Camp Scrub

Campbell must GO!
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote