Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
12thMan
MVP

Re: Jason Campbell Says He Blacked Out After Hit on Final Drive

Just reported that the Skins are not calling it a concussion. Go figure.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again LOL I know we need another QB and I can't wait until he is gone... I was just saying he gives it his all.
Sorry, he makes it hard to hate him. Every time he starts playing a good i say maybe this is his break through game. But it has been five years.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yea JC has had multiple chances to become a Legit QB.. Some guys have that IT factor and some dont.. (99 YD drive for Vince Young today for example) jc could never make those clutch throw's
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
It'd be nice to see Bartel, but not against the Saints. If that's the case we might as well just throw all the rookies in there to start. There's no need to let that game get out of hand at kickoff.

I'd say if we're getting blown out, wait till the 2nd half to start the rookies/low stringers
Jarmon, Edwin Williams, Barnes, and Orakpo are all getting decent playing time

Fainaka was a recent pickup, Lendy Holmes is being seen on special teams, Henson.. not sure

Eddie Williams is on IR

I'd say all of the rookies but Marko Mitchell are probably getting any playing time that they deserve and that we are playing them significantly.

Our 2nd year guys are getting considerate playing time too (Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Ganther, Tryon, Moore, Westbrook, etc)

The big difference is well.. none of those guys are QBs. I might agree to let Collins start if Campbell can't. Then if we're getting blown out still in the 3rd, bring Bartel in.

Guys looks older than 26 haha

tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yea JC has had multiple chances to become a Legit QB.. Some guys have that IT factor and some dont.. (99 YD drive for Vince Young today for example) jc could never make those clutch throw's
Yeah.. I give Britt A LOT of credit on that drive too. His first catch came up over the back of the defender and the TD catch was nothing short of impressive as well.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #21
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Jarmon, Edwin Williams, Barnes, and Orakpo are all getting decent playing time

Fainaka was a recent pickup, Lendy Holmes is being seen on special teams, Henson.. not sure

Eddie Williams is on IR

I'd say all of the rookies but Marko Mitchell are probably getting any playing time that they deserve and that we are playing them significantly.

Our 2nd year guys are getting considerate playing time too (Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Ganther, Tryon, Moore, Westbrook, etc)

The big difference is well.. none of those guys are QBs. I might agree to let Collins start if Campbell can't. Then if we're getting blown out still in the 3rd, bring Bartel in.

Guys looks older than 26 haha

I agree 100 percent. Vinny has always done a good job of picking draft choices. Can anyone say that we should have taken Orr over Orakpo. The thing is we lost our perenial probowl left tackle. Thats going to make any Oline look bad. Just look at New England, but because of great QB play they can get away with it.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #22
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
JC may not be a GREAT QB, but U won't find a better competitor out there.. That guy gives it 100% all game every game..
Yup. Can't say that about Cutler. JC is solid, not spectacular. But honestly, how many spectacular QB's are out there? A handful. And how many of them would succeed with our paltry receiving corps, confused playcalling, and dreadful offensive line? If we're not switching systems, we're ignoring the awful O-line that's supposed to protect him.

I don't think he'll ever be a great QB, even with the ideal circumstances, but he's better than people give him credit for.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #23
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I agree 100 percent. Vinny has always done a good job of picking draft choices. Can anyone say that we should have taken Orr over Orakpo. The thing is we lost our perenial probowl left tackle. Thats going to make any Oline look bad. Just look at New England, but because of great QB play they can get away with it.

Agreed for the most part, but the draft is only one piece of the puzzle.

Between Vinny, Snyder, and even Gibbs we didn't hit so well in FA and we all know the coaching woes that The Duo has bestowed upon us.

Our drafts have been alright, but maybe not what we needed them to be, as far as we should have drafted for need to an extent. Also too many weird picks like taking Robert Henson and Cody Glenn.. it's like he gets a position and then tries to draft as many people at it as he can.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #24
Bozzy
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
He has shown time and time again that he doesn't have the leadership skills to be the future QB. If a QB throws 2 ints and wins the game with a late minute drive, he's a playmaker and leader. JC has not lead this team on a winning drive as long as I can remember. Even with time to throw in the pocket he ovethrows Moss, Randle El and Davis on play action plays. Pathetic. Just like last week.

FOX put up a stat at the start of that last drive.. JC has led 7 4th quarter comebacks...

JC is not the problem here. His stats this year are better than ever. His O line has been much much worse. We need to keep him. Same with zorn.

Yeah lets change QBs and Coaches every two years that'll win us some championships!!! (sarcasm)
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I, but the league needs to enforce the protection of the QB rules equally.
seriously

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #26
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Sorry, he makes it hard to hate him. Every time he starts playing a good i say maybe this is his break through game. But it has been five years.
He's been in the league for 5 years but he hasn't played 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #27
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
He's been in the league for 5 years but he hasn't played 5 years
so he needs a few more years is what you are saying?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I agree with most that the season has been over for weeks now, but the league needs to enforce the protection of the QB rules equally. I am not saying this because it was Campbell either. I mean if that was Brady, either Manning, or Brees there would have been a flag thrown. Hell a few weeks ago I saw Kyle Orton get mugged after his forward momentum was stop and the refs waited until he was on the ground with about 4 Steeler defensive players on him before they stopped the play. All I am saying is that just because a QB may not be the caliber of Manning or Brady they should still be protected as such...
Agreed. Last week I saw a 2nd defender slide in at the end of a sack and ended up ripping McNabb's helmet off. After a hit today a guy smacked JC on the helmet (though it wasn't as much a punk move, it hit JC as he was sitting there well after the play) ad well as the twisting, slamming, landing full body on JC. This gets called for other QBs. I admire that JC doesn't try to get a flag every time he gets touched, but maybe he should.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #29
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Yeah.. I give Britt A LOT of credit on that drive too. His first catch came up over the back of the defender and the TD catch was nothing short of impressive as well.
Correct i love the skins but some of you think we are a lot better than we are. We are a mediocre football team we lack in a lot of areas. The upside to this is look at what are playing without but we still hang in there the Eagles, Cowboys & etc. If we straighten out a couple of wrinkles we will be okay in the years to come.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #30
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
so he needs a few more years is what you are saying?
No i was correcting his error it is not 5 it's 3 1/2 get the facts right

Quote: