Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Bricked PS4

Parking Lot

Old 03-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #16
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: Bricked PS4

Yeah I really thought the Nintendo Wii was going to be the console that put Nintendo back into the driver's seat, that is, until the Xbox came out with the kinect. But, honestly, the only games I ever liked with the Wii were the sports games that came with the system. Well, that and watching my wife dance to Just Dance, lol!

Gaming consoles, even though they seem to become more and more expensive, are still a much cheaper way of gaming than building or buying a gaming PC. I don't see them dying off anytime soon. Think about it. We've had gaming consoles since the late 70's. That's a long time!

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Yeah I don't see consoles going the way of the dinosaurs anytime soon. Mobile gaming is mostly for the casual crowd.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #18
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I don't see consoles going the way of the dinosaurs anytime soon. Mobile gaming is mostly for the casual crowd.
casual crowd > hard core gamer

I love console gaming but you can see it is starting to decline.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Decline sure, but saying its dying is a bit of a stretch IMO. Sony and MS have sold over 20 million units of the latest systems. I'd say there's still a healthy market there.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

It's not a question of either or, there's room for both.

Casual/mobile games appeal to a set who currently don't game much. My daughters are great examples, they see me on the PS4 and it kind of goes over their heads, but they love the little dinky stuff on the iPad. That's where my comparison to the Wii comes in, the Wii reached a whole new audience. You had moms getting involved with quick games of Wii tennis in between their very busy lives.

The consoles are never going to reach people who don't want to/can't carve out significant time to game. The mobile stuff will though. At the same time, the mobile games will never satisfy the avid gamers, they're not complex/satisfying/challenging/fun enough for that set. Consoles and mobiles are two entirely different markets.

You won't see consoles get replaced by mobile gaming, but you might see consoles get replaced by something else that's equally satisfying and complex for the avid gamer, like virtual reality.

For now console gaming is very safe, just look at sales figures and the stock prices of their parent companies. Sony and Microsoft are doing just fine.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #21
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's not a question of either or, there's room for both.

Casual/mobile games appeal to a set who currently don't game much. My daughters are great examples, they see me on the PS4 and it kind of goes over their heads, but they love the little dinky stuff on the iPad. That's where my comparison to the Wii comes in, the Wii reached a whole new audience. You had moms getting involved with quick games of Wii tennis in between their very busy lives.

The consoles are never going to reach people who don't want to/can't carve out significant time to game. The mobile stuff will though. At the same time, the mobile games will never satisfy the avid gamers, they're not complex/satisfying/challenging/fun enough for that set. Consoles and mobiles are two entirely different markets.

You won't see consoles get replaced by mobile gaming, but you might see consoles get replaced by something else that's equally satisfying and complex for the avid gamer, like virtual reality.

For now console gaming is very safest lo, juok at sales figures and the stock prices of their parent companies. Sony and Microsoft are doing just fine.
For the record many might not know this but they dabble in other stuff besides console gaming.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
For the record many might not know this but they dabble in other stuff besides console gaming.
Obv. OK better way to put it, there's been no scale-back of investment within Sony and Microsoft in their console gaming product lines.

If they thought it was heading south they wouldn't put so many resources into it.

Mobile gaming and consoles don't compete with one another.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #23
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Obv. OK better way to put it, there's been no scale-back of investment within Sony and Microsoft in their console gaming product lines.

If they thought it was heading south they wouldn't put so many resources into it.

Mobile gaming and consoles don't compete with one another.
It be a sad world if the only video games I could play were on a cell phone; a very sad world.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #24
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Finally pulled the trigger and bought Madden 15 for my future PS4. Waiting to see what bundle is available for me before I buy any other games. I'm usually a Madden & NHL fan. Anyone ever played any of the soccer games?
Old 04-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #25
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

So, as it turns out, my issues at my other house turned out to not be as bad as once predicted, which means the Playstation 4 purchase is still on.

With that said, I'm thinking of holding out for the Batman bundle coming out in June. Might go ahead and pre-order that bundle. Just doesn't make sense to buy the core system with no games, and someone has already given me the voucher to download The Last of Us. I was going to get the bundle with the 12-month subscription to Playstation+, but it wound up costing nearly $500. With the upcoming Batman bundle, I can still get an extra game - which might be NHL or I might even pull the trigger on one of the soccer games.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #26
over the mountain
Playmaker

last year my little brother was ranked 104 in the world for "hearthstone" or some game like that. he said its a big deal.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #27
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
last year my little brother was ranked 104 in the world for "hearthstone" or some game like that. he said its a big deal.
Hearthstone?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #28
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Finally pulled the trigger and bought Madden 15 for my future PS4. Waiting to see what bundle is available for me before I buy any other games. I'm usually a Madden & NHL fan. Anyone ever played any of the soccer games?
I would wait until next years NHL. 15 is good and all, but it's the first game on the next-gen console and it is a very stripped down version of the game.

I heard FIFA is unbelievable, and if you're a baseball guy MLB the show is a must have.

Also PS4 has shareplay which is pretty bad ass. Google it. Feel free to hit me up; Terpman69.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #29
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I would wait until next years NHL. 15 is good and all, but it's the first game on the next-gen console and it is a very stripped down version of the game.

I heard FIFA is unbelievable, and if you're a baseball guy MLB the show is a must have.

Also PS4 has shareplay which is pretty bad ass. Google it. Feel free to hit me up; Terpman69.
Good deal man! Will do! I THINK my username is Skinsguy34 - I'll admit it's been awhile since I've done anything online with the Playstation.

I might have to get FIFA. I'm not really a baseball guy although I bought MLB the show for the PS3 - it had nice graphics, but the game play was boring.