Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

My Son Is Finally Home!

Parking Lot

Old 01-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: My Son Is Finally Home!

skinsguy, awesome !!! Sounds like you have one hell of a fighter on your hands with Tony !Enjoy just being a Mom and a Dad .

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Skinsguy how are things?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #18
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Skinsguy how are things?
Tony is progressing really well at home! This weekend marked two months removed from open heart surgery, and we were able to "handle" him a little more like a normal baby.

He hadn't had a chance to do a lot of "tummy time", which is where babies learn to push themselves up, roll themselves over, and eventually learn to crawl. So, he's a little behind in that aspect, but we're starting to give him tummy time each day and hopes that he'll figure it out. Right now, he's kind of like, "Uh, Mom and Dad, why are you laying me on my stomach??"

His weight gain has been a little slower, so we had to place him on some fortifier in addition to his milk to up his calories. We're also trying to get him to take at least 3oz of milk per feeding, but we're hoping to get him into taking 4oz on a regular basis. We're not quite at the point where we can allow him to sleep as long as he wants to during the night, so we're keeping him on a regular nightly feeding schedule. I'll feed him at 1am, and my wife feeds him at 5am. That seems to work out pretty well for both of us. I'm getting about 6 - 7 hours of sleep at night, so I count myself as lucky!

I'll try to post some pictures from his photoshoot from a week ago. He loves getting his picture taken! We're taking him back to Duke for his hernia surgery on April 3rd. He's got three hernias, one of which will heal on its own and won't need surgery, but the other two will. So, we figured we'd handle that on our long weekend off. He should be in and out on the same day, but it's still surgery. Once we're done with this, hopefully we're done with anything that has to do with a hospital for now! We've done our best in keeping him home and not exposing him to too many people during RSV and flu season. We're just about out of that season, so we're starting to take him out a little bit more.

I know I haven't posted anything on the Caring Bridge website for awhile. Been busy at work, and at work seems to be the only time I'm able to make time for Caring Bridge, lol! When I'm at home, I'm not in front of the computer much.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #19
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Tough start for all of you. Really makes one appreciate what has value in this life. Very happy to hear of Tony's improvement and Thank you for the update!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #20
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Glad to hear about Tony's progress. Congrats again to you and the Mrs.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #21
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Thanks guys! The wife took Tony to the doctor today. She says he's been sleeping more lethargic and that he hasn't had as many wet diapers. She assured me he's fine that the doctors thought he was OK, but after all we've been through, we don't want to hear about any other issues.

He's going to have to get more surgery in another week. Having two hernias operated on.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Tony is progressing really well at home! This weekend marked two months removed from open heart surgery, and we were able to "handle" him a little more like a normal baby.

He hadn't had a chance to do a lot of "tummy time", which is where babies learn to push themselves up, roll themselves over, and eventually learn to crawl. So, he's a little behind in that aspect, but we're starting to give him tummy time each day and hopes that he'll figure it out. Right now, he's kind of like, "Uh, Mom and Dad, why are you laying me on my stomach??"

His weight gain has been a little slower, so we had to place him on some fortifier in addition to his milk to up his calories. We're also trying to get him to take at least 3oz of milk per feeding, but we're hoping to get him into taking 4oz on a regular basis. We're not quite at the point where we can allow him to sleep as long as he wants to during the night, so we're keeping him on a regular nightly feeding schedule. I'll feed him at 1am, and my wife feeds him at 5am. That seems to work out pretty well for both of us. I'm getting about 6 - 7 hours of sleep at night, so I count myself as lucky!

I'll try to post some pictures from his photoshoot from a week ago. He loves getting his picture taken! We're taking him back to Duke for his hernia surgery on April 3rd. He's got three hernias, one of which will heal on its own and won't need surgery, but the other two will. So, we figured we'd handle that on our long weekend off. He should be in and out on the same day, but it's still surgery. Once we're done with this, hopefully we're done with anything that has to do with a hospital for now! We've done our best in keeping him home and not exposing him to too many people during RSV and flu season. We're just about out of that season, so we're starting to take him out a little bit more.

I know I haven't posted anything on the Caring Bridge website for awhile. Been busy at work, and at work seems to be the only time I'm able to make time for Caring Bridge, lol! When I'm at home, I'm not in front of the computer much.

6-7 hours a night! Damn that is stupendous! Glad to hear you are all making strides through these first stages in the rite direction. God Bless.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #23
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
6-7 hours a night! Damn that is stupendous! Glad to hear you are all making strides through these first stages in the rite direction. God Bless.
Yeah. I mean, provide it's not 6-7 hours of continuous sleep. It's broken up into 2-3 hours, get up, feed Tony, go back to sleep and ge maybe 3-4 hours more. Of course last night, I stayed up until 11pm, got up at 1, got back in bed at 1:30, slept until time for my wife to get him up at 5am, so I didn't get as much sleep last night.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #24
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah. I mean, provide it's not 6-7 hours of continuous sleep. It's broken up into 2-3 hours, get up, feed Tony, go back to sleep and ge maybe 3-4 hours more. Of course last night, I stayed up until 11pm, got up at 1, got back in bed at 1:30, slept until time for my wife to get him up at 5am, so I didn't get as much sleep last night.

LOL , it is things like this that teach you to LOVE naps as you get older ,doesn't matter whether they are your naps or Tonys.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #25
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , it is things like this that teach you to LOVE naps as you get older ,doesn't matter whether they are your naps or Tonys.
Exactly! I wanted, so badly, to take a nap yesterday, but my wife had me helping out with Tony and then helping her with some of her stuff for her work, and then the Duke game came on...needless to say, no Sunday afternoon nap, lol!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #26
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Exactly! I wanted, so badly, to take a nap yesterday, but my wife had me helping out with Tony and then helping her with some of her stuff for her work, and then the Duke game came on...needless to say, no Sunday afternoon nap, lol!

LOL , you will learn , Duke or nap...duke or NAP , with me a nap always wins .
Old 03-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

My Son Is Finally Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , you will learn , Duke or nap...duke or NAP , with me a nap always wins .

Not to stray but as a bitter Miami fan whose team should have been in it, could Duke have had an easier road to the final four? How the hell does Kentucky get stuck with the big east and acc champs on their side of the bracket. Jeez.
Edit: im with u skinzguy - when ur team is playing no nap!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 AM   #28
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not to stray but as a bitter Miami fan whose team should have been in it, could Duke have had an easier road to the final four? How the hell does Kentucky get stuck with the big east and acc champs on their side of the bracket. Jeez.
Edit: im with u skinzguy - when ur team is playing no nap!

Not really a basket ball type O guy .
Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #29
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Yeah, if a game I have been looking forward to is on, there's no way I can nap. However, if it's a game that's coming on too late for me to stay up and watch, then I'll DVR it and watch it the next day.