Re: Any UVA football fans here?

UVA loss to W&M BLA HA HA HA HA.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
FRPLG
MVP

UVa gets their ass handed to them in recruiting by Tech every eyar. Groh has pissed off coaches from Va Beach to Winchester and they all steer their kids away from there. The problem at UVa is simply lack of talent. They haven't had even an average QB in years. They hang their hat on a decent recruit here and there but their depth is atrocious. The way Groh "seems" to run the program one would think they'd be more successful but the proof is in the pudding. It is time for him to go...and for that school to either take major sports more seriously or get out of the major sports business.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #18
FRPLG
MVP

With all that said the difference between a lower tier BCS school and a top tier I-AA school isn't all that great. I'd bet W&M/App St/Villanova/Richmond/JMU could beat Duke/UVa 3-4 times out of 10.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Yeah, what he said struck a nerve with a lot of UVA folks, but he's right; UVA is soft. They have good talent (judging by NFL players from UVA), but they just don't play passionate football (as a team) while in Charlottesville. Talent wise, there is no reason why UVA should lose to W&M.

Just for curiosity's sake, who else dresses up like that? Honestly, I don't know.
Correct no reason to lose to a Div II school, I'll disagree they don't play passionately. I'm not sure they had the talent to win 5 games last year w/ their 3rd string QB in there. I'm not sure they should have won what, 8 or 9 games the year before.

Who cares about Cowherd. He's an entertainer. He cares about Wins/Losses, making his points. The fact is UVA is one of the best schools in the country where a majority of their alumni make a damn fine living as doctors, lawyers, etc. Their acceptance threshold is a good bit higher than required and over the other teams in the ACC. UVA could never get a D. Hall, Vick, etc thru the doors. Doesn't matter how some students dress. Like mentioned, alot of schools do. With all of that UVA has had a good football tradition. True i don't see them winning the National Championship but they should contend for a bowl every year.

Yet, i agree UVA needs a fresh start and it needs to start w/ AG and maybe Craig Littlepaige.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Nice redsk1. I agree with all you just said.

Exactly, I have been to a ton of UVA games. It's not like they give or don't play hard. That is bs, we play fricking hard. If we are losing to W and M, that is embarrassing.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

I was just thinking UVA lost to W&M. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

Well at least they lost to a better team this weekend. Well now that I think about it W&M is probably better then UVA.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #23
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well at least they lost to a better team this weekend. Well now that I think about it W&M is probably better then UVA.
I think there are 3 teams from the CAA are better than several ACC teams. The CAA is no joke. When you have 5 of your teams in the top 10 and 7 in the top 25 from a 12 team league that is called dominance. And the difference in play from I-A to I-AA isn't as great as most people think.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think there are 3 teams from the CAA are better than several ACC teams. The CAA is no joke. When you have 5 of your teams in the top 10 and 7 in the top 25 from a 12 team league that is called dominance. And the difference in play from I-A to I-AA isn't as great as most people think.
I really don't follow college ball but I have just had to listen to so many UVA people talk about how great their school is its fun to rub it in some. I know its a great college and I'm all for school pride but its the way they talk down other schools in a snobby way that erks me.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #25
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
I really don't follow college ball but I have just had to listen to so many UVA people talk about how great their school is its fun to rub it in some. I know its a great college and I'm all for school pride but its the way they talk down other schools in a snobby way that erks me.
Since when has anyone done that on this site about UVA? I never have said that I am better than anyone else, or implied it because I went to UVA. Just as you feel people shouldn't be snobby don't you think that maybe you shouldn't just post "HAHAHA UVA LOST" on this thread?

It is very hypocritical to ask a group of people to behave classy and maturely when you yourself do not heed that advice. If anything it makes you look worst. The whole "stooping down to the level" of those that "irk" you.

I am not trying to be a smartass but you posts kinda "irk" me too (for the reasons stated above).
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Since when has anyone done that on this site about UVA? I never have said that I am better than anyone else, or implied it because I went to UVA. Just as you feel people shouldn't be snobby don't you think that maybe you shouldn't just post "HAHAHA UVA LOST" on this thread?

It is very hypocritical to ask a group of people to behave classy and maturely when you yourself do not heed that advice. If anything it makes you look worst. The whole "stooping down to the level" of those that "irk" you.

I am not trying to be a smartass but you posts kinda "irk" me too (for the reasons stated above).
MY post read "UVA loss to W&M BLA HA HA HA HA." which is a laugh. I never said anyone here did that I spoke from my personal experience with people from that school. I also never said they were snooby people just that they tend to talk down other schools in a snobby way and thats why I think its funny when their school loose a game to another va school. Sure not everyone does this but I heard it done enough to feel this way. I live in Va so I'm around alot of people who attend Va colleges and only get this feeling when talking to most not all UVA students. With that said I still think its a great university and proud to have a school of that calliper in Va.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #27
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Okay, three straight wins later, the 'Hoos are undefeated in ACC play...

That'll change, of course. Will Groh do just enough to make it one more year?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:

I'm actually a fan of both UVA and Va Tech. I grew up rooting for UVA but my family is from Blacksburg and my dad lives there now. Living in Richmond, of course, there are more Tech fans than UVA fans w/ their recent success. I can honestly say that Tech fans are more crappy to UVA fans than vice versa. But hey, maybe you know some snobby UVA fans.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #29
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Okay, three straight wins later, the 'Hoos are undefeated in ACC play...

That'll change, of course. Will Groh do just enough to make it one more year?
I don't think so. Barring a miracle finish to the season i think he's still done. I do think a change is needed. I also think Al Groh is a heck of a motivator and a heck of a football coach. There's just a lack of talent at UVA right now at the skill positions. We're playing w/ a 2nd - 3rd string QB right now. Lalich was supposed to be a 3 or 4 year starter. He's gone. Sewell would be the 2nd string and he's been in and out. Verica was either 3rd or 4th string and he played out b/c of the injury to Sewell.

So, i'd back up my post weeks ago that UVA does play w/ passion. They just don't have the talent vs alot of other teams.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #30
MrSpectre
Camp Scrub

I live in Charlottesville, and I want to see UVA do well. Unfortunately, we have an Al Groh problem, somewhat akin to the Danny/Vinny problem.

Since Danny won't do the right thing and sell the Redskins, I think that the best way out of the sustained mediocrity that is UVA football would be for Danny to hire Al as Redskins head coach. Look at the upside:

--Provided that UVA hired a dynamic, creative head coach, our fortunes would only improve; and

--Groh's droning presentations to the media would soon put everyone to sleep, so that the pain associated with continued mediocrity would be less noticeable.
MrSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote