Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
budw38
Playmaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

If anyone wants the wealthiest to just pay their fair share , you would need to tax their total wealth / assets . Most of the wealthy make under 1 million in salary .... business , real estate , inh. an estate ,ect . Under the Presidents plan, guys like Warren Buffett would not see an increase in taxes , but many small bus. owners , police ( OT ) and a number of dual income families would. taxing people on their net worth would probably work , as would a simple tax code with limited loopholes .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

So pitiful you have to laugh at this stage. It would be nice if America got together and marched onto DC to cast out all these bums. Things like this is why I didn't vote for him.

I'm going to have to ask my dad to borrow his t-shirt he got for Christmas.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 12-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Obama Orders Pay Raise For Congress, Federal Workers, Joe Biden

So pitiful you have to laugh at this stage. It would be nice if America got together and marched onto DC to cast out all these bums. Things like this is why I didn't vote for him.

I'm going to have to ask my dad to borrow his t-shirt he got for Christmas.

I like the "no cash" comment, especially in the context of Reagan. What is with the bizarre amnesia this country has with the Reagan administration? Does anyone recall the massive amount of debt he put our country in? I'm just dumbfounded that conservative deficit hawks so often deify Reagan. I've got no problem with deficit hawks in theory (I'd like a balance budget as much as anyone) but ignoring the fact that Reagan is the grandfather of massive deficit spending in our country is a terrible example of revistionist history. He did do one really good thing though: he ended the Cold War. Or wait, was that because the USSR went bankrupt funding a war in Afghnistan? Wait a minute......
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

King: I Have a Dream. Obama: I Have a Drone

A simple twist of fate has set President Obama’s second Inaugural Address for January 21, the same day as the Martin Luther King Jr. national holiday.

Obama made no mention of King during the Inauguration four years ago — but since then, in word and deed, the president has done much to distinguish himself from the man who said “I have a dream.”

After his speech at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom in August 1963, King went on to take great risks as a passionate advocate for peace.

After his Inaugural speech in January 2009, Obama has pursued policies that epitomize King’s grim warning in 1967: “When scientific power outruns moral power, we end up with guided missiles and misguided men.”

But Obama has not ignored King’s anti-war legacy. On the contrary, the president has gone out of his way to distort and belittle it.

In his eleventh month as president — while escalating the U.S. war effort in Afghanistan, a process that tripled the American troop levels there — Obama traveled to Oslo to accept the Nobel Peace Prize. In his speech, he cast aspersions on the peace advocacy of another Nobel Peace laureate: Martin Luther King Jr.

The president struck a respectful tone as he whetted the rhetorical knife before twisting. “I know there’s nothing weak — nothing passive — nothing naive — in the creed and lives of Gandhi and King,” he said, just before swiftly implying that those two advocates of nonviolent direct action were, in fact, passive and naive. “I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people,” Obama added.

Moments later, he was straining to justify American warfare: past, present, future. “To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism — it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason,” Obama said. “I raise this point, I begin with this point because in many countries there is a deep ambivalence about military action today, no matter what the cause. And at times, this is joined by a reflexive suspicion of America, the world’s sole military superpower.”

Then came the jingo pitch: “Whatever mistakes we have made, the plain fact is this: The United States of America has helped underwrite global security for more than six decades with the blood of our citizens and the strength of our arms.”

Crowing about the moral virtues of making war while accepting a peace prize might seem a bit odd, but Obama’s rhetoric was in sync with a key dictum from Orwell: “Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past.”

Laboring to denigrate King’s anti-war past while boasting about Uncle Sam’s past (albeit acknowledging “mistakes,” a classic retrospective euphemism for carnage from the vantage point of perpetrators), Obama marshaled his oratory to foreshadow and justify the killing yet to come under his authority.

Two weeks before the start of Obama’s second term, the British daily The Guardian noted that “U.S. use of drones has soared during Obama’s time in office, with the White House authorizing attacks in at least four countries: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. It is estimated that the CIA and the U.S. military have undertaken more than 300 drone strikes and killed about 2,500 people.”

The newspaper reported that a former member of Obama’s “counter-terrorism group” during the 2008 campaign, Michael Boyle, says the White House is now understating the number of civilian deaths due to the drone strikes, with loosened standards for when and where to attack: “The consequences can be seen in the targeting of mosques or funeral processions that kill non-combatants and tear at the social fabric of the regions where they occur. No one really knows the number of deaths caused by drones in these distant, sometimes ungoverned, lands.”

Although Obama criticized the Bush-era “war on terror” several years ago, Boyle points out, President Obama “has been just as ruthless and indifferent to the rule of law as his predecessor.”

Boyle’s assessment — consistent with the conclusions of many other policy analysts — found the Obama administration’s use of drones is “encouraging a new arms race that will empower current and future rivals and lay the foundations for an international system that is increasingly violent.”

In recent weeks, more than 50,000 Americans have signed a petition to Ban Weaponized Drones from the World. The petition says that “weaponized drones are no more acceptable than land mines, cluster bombs or chemical weapons.” It calls for President Obama “to abandon the use of weaponized drones, and to abandon his ‘kill list’ program regardless of the technology employed.”

Count on lofty rhetoric from the Inaugural podium. The spirit of Dr. King will be elsewhere.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
dmek25
MVP

ok FD, what about what he tweeted?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
ok FD, what about what he tweeted?
Not very smart if you ask me. I know he is well known for making stupid tweets but that does not excuse the fact that the kid is dead and its just not funny.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
dmek25
MVP

laughing at coff...how dare you talk abou the GOPs greatest president that way. a lot of people do have a very selective memory, especially when talking about the gipper
Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

I perfer the sequester and force all these ass wipes to cut spending. Obama does not want to cut a thing and I'm tired of the GOP's stance to not cut defence spending so this way we get it. Not sure how you can still increase spending by 15 billion over last year even after the sequester and still have all the doom and gloom.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
firstdown
Living Legend

I'd say use a drone on Chicagos inner city. Not really but it just shows what happens when you take away the general populations right to protect themself.

Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile - U.S. News
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'd say use a drone on Chicagos inner city. Not really but it just shows what happens when you take away the general populations right to protect themself.

Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile - U.S. News
Eventually, those cities will end up like Detroit. People will move away due to the violence, as will businesses, and it'll be a crime infested place. I'm sure the local politicians will blame the unions on this as well.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Let's check in with our good friend Scott Walker and see how his job creation is coming along.

The National Memo » LOL Of The Week: Scott Walker Keeps Blaming Workers

From 11th to 44th. Those policies are working great bud! I guess it's time to continue to blame the workers and unions. /facepalm
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

You can complain or you can make a little effort:

Strip Obama's Nobel Peace Prize - Petition
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

/facepalm

Our Congress is so incompetent and corrupt it's all but over for us as a nation. Enjoy your new corporate masters.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oil companies target America for investment - May. 8, 2013

All the dumb f*cks who think drill baby drill is the way to cheaper gas need to read this article.

We are producing more oil than ever and are producing so much energy we dont know how where to store it (see natural gas).

Why are these gas pricing still threw the f*cking roof? They affect everyone's daily life, from prices at the store, travel, small businesses...

We as a country need to wake the f*ck up, I cant believe this is not more of an issue.

Oil companies, wall street speculators, and the federal government are working together to keep these prices up.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oil companies target America for investment - May. 8, 2013

All the dumb f*cks who think drill baby drill is the way to cheaper gas need to read this article.

We are producing more oil than ever and are producing so much energy we dont know how where to store it (see natural gas).

Why are these gas pricing still threw the f*cking roof? They affect everyone's daily life, from prices at the store, travel, small businesses...

We as a country need to wake the f*ck up, I cant believe this is not more of an issue.

Oil companies, wall street speculators, and the federal government are working together to keep these prices up.

Bravo!!!!!