Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

Link to Virginia Pilot online article on this:

Man wounded in shooting after Beach party for Michael Vick | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Man shot after confrontation with Vick at Michael Vick's 30th birthday party

Terms of his probation including not associating with folks from Bad Newz Kennel. Phillips was such an associate. Whoops Mike Vick.

I wonder if a disgruntled dog pulled the trigger.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Strange......I thought that only happened to dogs? What next? A drowning at a Vick....event?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Nooooo. . . not the scum bros Vick again.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

But but...he's a WINNER!!! I mean sure he can't read a defense or hit an open receiver with his canon arm but he does have speed and I'm pretty sure that he's only getting faster with age.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #21
saden1
MVP

What a dummy...new beginning means new friends too.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #22
vallin21
The Starter

I'm kinda shocked... after being put in jail for 2 yrs you'd think he'd have some sense never to throw a party, and especiallly not hang around this bum (Phillips) who seems to get in trouble everytime Vick and him hang out, but I won't jump to conclusions until more facts come.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #23
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Terms of his probation including not associating with folks from Bad Newz Kennel. Phillips was such an associate. Whoops Mike Vick.

I wonder if a disgruntled dog pulled the trigger.

yep your right on.

When Goodell reinstated Vick to the NFL last July, he informed Vick in a letter that, “among the conditions of this reinstatement, you are required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess or be involved with the sale of any dog.”
Old 06-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
1st Fact update: I was reading the related articles, and according to a witness, supposedly the man, Phillips, threatened to smash birthday cake in Vick's face, or actually did it. That's what lead to the outside altercation, and shooting.
ahh the classic an eye for an icing
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #25
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I'll see how this plays out before I actually comment one way or another. Seems bad judgement on his part to even throw the party at a club one way or another.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #26
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Michael Vick co-defendant shot at club hosting QB's birthday party - ESPN

If you read the article he is of " no interest" to the police. D-Hall said he as in himself wasn't even at theparty which some people I think are saying he was. He is defending that Vick was not involved in this situation. This was actually via D-Halls twitter. This story isn't over yet but way to many of you guys are crucifing Vick again way to quick. I grew up close to Blacksburg and actually have been able to witness Mike's efforts to clean up his act, and really get involved. He really has done some great things so lets not jump the gun to fast on this one.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #27
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Michael and Marcus Vick = Double trouble. It's strange how the two DICK brothers left at 2am just mere minutes before the real trouble began and the guns came into play.....

Source WAVY.com. WAVY 10 is also a local TV station

Man shot after party for Michael Vick
Suspect at large

Updated: Friday, 25 Jun 2010, 7:07 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 25 Jun 2010, 6:30 AM EDT

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A fight at Guadalajara in Town Center overnight escalated to gunfire.

Police say the fight started inside the restaurant, where a party for NFL star and Newport News native Michael Vick was underway. Security moved the altercation outside. That's when police say someone pulled out a gun and shot a man, at around 2:15 a.m., on Columbus Street.

Michael Vick and his brother Marcus were at the party, Guadalajara Executive Partner Allen Fabijan told WAVY.com. He said Michael Vick left in a black Mercedes just before 2 a.m., which he said was captured on a security camera. Fabijan said there were as many as 300 people at the party, which started at 10 p.m. Thursday.

The Philadelphia Eagles issued the following statement regarding Michael Vick:

"We are aware of the incident that occurred in Virginia early this morning and are in the process of gathering all of the facts. Until then, we will not have any comment on this matter."

The victim was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Adam Bernstein with Virginia Beach Police told WAVY.com the victim's vehicle was stopped by State Police on the way to Virginia Beach General Hospital. Bernstein said the victim was uncooperative with police.

Virginia Beach Police have not released the victim's name, but 10 On Your Side confirmed that Vick dogfighting co-defendent Quanis Phillips was admitted to Virginia Beach General Hospital early Friday morning with a gunshot wound.

The suspect has been described as a heavy set black male, around 5-foot-11-inches to 6-feet tall. Police said the suspect may possibly be driving a late model pearl/white Cadillac Escalade.

If you have any information that could help police in this case, call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #28
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Michael and Marcus Vick = Double trouble. It's strange how the two DICK brothers left at 2am just mere minutes before the real trouble began and the guns came into play.....
And to add to this (and I know firsthand as my restaurant is less than a mile from here) there is close to zero crime in the VB City Center. VBPD protects the City's investment very well.

Trouble seems to follow these two idiots wherever they go. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....it's probably a duck.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #29
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Roddy White, a receiver for the Atlanta Falcons, said he and Michael Vick were at the party but not at the time of the shooting. Vick had picked him up at the airport earlier in the day for White to assist with Vick's local football camp.

"We were already gone by the time that stuff started happening, so I don't know what's going to go on with that or whatever, but we didn't have anything to do with it," White said on Friday during a break in the youth football camp being held Hampton University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS
Special Teams

a lil off topic, but as a die hard wizards fan as well as a redskins fan, far too often do i hear the "NBA is full of ghetto, tatted-up, bling-bling wearing thugs" argument from non basketball fans...to me, the NFL is the one that has been leading the way in that category the last few years.

seriously, about once a month you hear about some utterly horrifying crime tied to an NFL player. it is that routine, and it's gotten so bad that the "normal" offenses...public intoxication, DUI, disoderly conduct, assault, etc...barely even make headlines anymore.

the NFL needs to start cracking heads, bottom line. whether vick was at the scene or not is irrelevant, he is obviously still associating with people that find it acceptable to shoot somebody over a piece of cake. i've had bosses that would've fired me just for being mentioned in a situation like that. the league needs to get a grip on this situation, because it only seems to be getting worse.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote