Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Catholic School Chant Upsets Foes....

Parking Lot

Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Catholic School Chant Upsets Foes....

[Deleted Post - Not actually as funny as thought.]

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 09-14-2011 at 03:22 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
[Deleted Post - Not actually as funny as thought.]
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

We still have honky?

WE STILL HAVE HONKY!!!!!

All is not lost.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

And cracker...oh wait...we don't say that about ourselves...it's one of those "allowed" slurs because it targets white people.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

"Me and my cracker friends were driving down the street in my Volvo station wagon, and I said, hey cracker pass the Sun Chips, and he said not 'till we get to the picnic cracker, and I said cracker please, and then he said cracker what???"

Hilarious, one of my favorite bits of standup.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Rats are Ravens without wings.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Rats are Ravens without wings.
I thought it was the other way around!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Mimpetert has it correct:
"Also wiki has a whole section about terms used to convey American Indian’s and apparently many American Indians arnt cool with the Native" American term we all think is so pc."

I do not believe you will find many instances of Indians referring to themselves as Native American as a matter of routine. That is a term made popular by the White man and basically not dignified by the tribes......and not used. They use Indian....

Last edited by Hog1; 09-15-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
"Also wiki has a whole section about terms used to convey American Indian’s and apparently many American Indians arnt cool with the Native" American term we all think is so pc."

I do not believe you will find many instances of Indians referring to themselves as Native American as a matter of routine. That is a term made popular by the White man and basically not dignified by the tribes......and not used. They use Indian....

Or any "African-Americans" who have never even stepped on Afican soil, let alone are from there.

What's worse, because PC-nutcases like to call every black person "African-American", they'll refer to someone with dark skin from say, France for example..."African-American". You never hear "African-French", "African-Spanish", "African-Portuguese" or "African-Brazillian". It would sound ridiculous. I've even heard reporters call people ACTUALLY FROM AFRICA, "African-American" when they've never even been to America.

They're not "African-Americans", they're Americans just as much as I am. This PC stupidity only segregates people even more. I'm a white American, another guy is a black American, but in the end, we're all just Americans. Stop trying to make up names that don't fit just to avoid offending someone. Your idiocy offends me, PC police.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 09-16-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Or any "African-Americans" who have never even stepped on Afican soil, let alone are from there.

What's worse, because PC-nutcases like to call every black person "African-American", they'll refer to someone with dark skin from say, France for example..."African-American". You never hear "African-French", "African-Spanish", "African-Portuguese" or "African-Brazillian". It would sound ridiculous. I've even heard reporters call people ACTUALLY FROM AFRICA, "African-American" when they've never even been to America.

They're not "African-Americans", they're Americans just as much as I am. This PC stupidity only segregates people even more. I'm a white American, another guy is a black American, but in the end, we're all just Americans. Stop trying to make up names that don't fit just to avoid offending someone. Your idiocy offends me, PC police.
Your White?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

I totally agree with the simian child rearer on this part.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Seriously, this has become the least exciting thread on the WP. Pasting from dictionaries?
Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post

For starters, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. I don't put a lot of credibility toward wiki entries as much as I would a good old fashion history textbook. Logically speaking, I would be correct in saying they should be referred to as Native American, since they are native/indigenous (which are synonyms.) In fact, I'd say all of us, who are native to America, would be considered Native Americans as well. I don't refer to myself as European, because I wasn't born there. I am native to America.

Now, if they are not native to this area, then I would be incorrect. But, it would also be incorrect in saying they are indigenous to America. We can dig further into history and beliefs of where we assume these natives migrated from, but for argument sake, if we're referring to what the "white man" labeled the natives as, we'd simply point to Christopher Columbus and what I had stated previously about his term "indios".

Indios meaning Indian, since Columbus thought he was in the Indies. According to history, that is where the term "Indian" came about. You got it, from the white man! In fact, if we study the term indios more, we find it is actually a derogatory term in Mexico - almost similar to the "N" word.

So, revisiting the argument of Native American vs Indian, in my humble opinion, I cannot find the logic from which we would find the term "Native American" offensive? If it is simply because it is the term that the white man gave them, then the white man also gave them the term of Indios/Indian. So, again, it is illogical of the offense. Both would be "not cool". Why not call them Asian? What about the "white indians"?

Knowing that both Christopher Columbus was incorrect in his destination and the fact that our Southern neighbors find the term "indios" offensive, then I would conclude that wanting to be called "Indian" is both geographically incorrect as well as politically incorrect. And again, that is based on the belief that we are both correct in saying this group of people were in fact native to America.

Not trying to be a smartass, and not trying to bore anybody intentionally. I'm just questioning the logic. I mean, would I honestly be correct in saying I wish to be called British, even though I have never set foot in Great Britain, but do have British ancestry? I mean, if someone called me Native American, they would be absolutely correct.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Boy if I had known all this would come from me saying kemosabe I wouldn't have said it lol.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
One of the top Catholic football programs in the nation is finding itself in hot water after members of its student fan section directed chants of "We've got Jesus!" at opponents in a heated, intra-city rivalry game on Friday night in Ohio after they chanted "We've got girls" at the all-boys school.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, then-No. 8 Cincinnati (Ohio) Colerain football coach Tom Bolden, pictured at right, reacted with fury when he heard members of the then-No. 26 Cincinnati (Ohio) St. Xavier student section chanting "We've got Jesus!"

Jeez, lighten up Sandy, baby! Whatever happened to 'humor'?

In Australia they could chant "We've got X"

YahooReporterLD Laura E. Davis
Australian passports will now have option "X" for gender: bit.ly/mVTxAl #lgbt
5 minutes ago

I am not even sure what that means.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote