NFL Sunday Ticket

Parking Lot

Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
If it is not broadcast in HD it will probably not be recorded in HD which means it won't be in actual HD on the NFL network.
Actually what happens a lot of times during preseason is that there is more than one "broadcaster" broadcasting the Redskins games. I have seen preseason games on my local channel in standard definition, but when they replay them on the NFL Network, those games are in fact in HD (I do know the difference.) I don't know why the local channel can't just show the games in HD, but then again, if it's preseason, I don't really care as much.

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I have had DirecTV (2005-2008) in the past but this is the first time the account will be in my name.
They gave it to me free as well because I disconnected from DirecTV shortly after the season was over and decided to reconnect just last week. They were sending me offers in the mail, basically offering me the same deal as the new customers, plus I have a few other perks like free HD for life, free rental on my HD-DVR. Sometimes it's best to unhook and reconnect later on. DirecTV really hates it when people leave their service.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I have had DirecTV (2005-2008) in the past but this is the first time the account will be in my name.
Genius. I should cancel Dish and put it in my wife's name for the new customer rate.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Actually what happens a lot of times during preseason is that there is more than one "broadcaster" broadcasting the Redskins games. I have seen preseason games on my local channel in standard definition, but when they replay them on the NFL Network, those games are in fact in HD (I do know the difference.) I don't know why the local channel can't just show the games in HD, but then again, if it's preseason, I don't really care as much.
CSN Washington shows them in HD. I do not get the "local" DMV channels so I can't comment on their quality.

I'm so glad I get CSN-Washington...if I lived one county over, I'd be getting CSN-Philly...like dmek25. I'd want to shoot myself with nonstop Eagles coverage on my TV.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Genius. I should cancel Dish and put it in my wife's name for the new customer rate.
Worked for me.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #21
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
CSN Washington shows them in HD. I do not get the "local" DMV channels so I can't comment on their quality.

I'm so glad I get CSN-Washington...if I lived one county over, I'd be getting CSN-Philly...like dmek25. I'd want to shoot myself with nonstop Eagles coverage on my TV.
I could not take that! My girlfriend and I visited Philly last week and I thought I'd puke with all the talk about the Eagles "taking it" this year!

I have CSN-Washington as well. I'm not sure why my DirecTV didn't list that channel as one carrying the game. It listed a local NBC station, and then the replays on the NFL Network. Either way, I won't be home to see it, so I'll probably wind up catching it later in the week.

But yeah, if you cancel dish and call DirecTV up, tell them you got offers through the mail to come back, they'll give you just about the entire farm! Of course, I'm living it up in the first year, the second year is when it gets expensive!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

DirecTV To Offer NFL Sunday Ticket Package On PlayStation Consoles - 2011-08-17 19:06:09 | Multichannel News
Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Wow! pretty cool. My PS3 just update so now you have a icon for just streaming stuff.

I was going to tell you SS thanks for the Vudu recommendation, that service rocks.

The PS3 as far as games go is basically neck and neck with Xbox but as a streaming and blu ray player the thing knocks it out of the park.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Glad you like Vudu

Shameless plug: The New ESPN on Xbox 360 Is the Only Way I Want to Watch Sports Now
Old 08-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

8/25 on the 360, have to check that out as well.

Vudu is awesome because of their share size of their library and that they get folks may want to see say Die Hard or some older movie again if it is priced at .99 cent rental. I use to always say that about Blockbuster in their hay day, they have all these old movies sitting there that no one would want to rent for $5 but if they had just lowered older one's rental price to say .99 cents they might actually be rented again. Some revenue is better then none.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Love Vudu because it's so convenient, but it's still much cheaper just doing the Redbox thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #27
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Subscribed to the Sunday Ticket on PS3 today... we recently moved and there wasn't a decent ISP outside of cable in my area, so made more sense to bundle than it did to stick with DirecTV and buy cable net separately. Interface is pretty decent.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #28
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I just switched from Directtv to AT&T Uverse.I had been talking to directtv telling them I was going to leave because the price was lower and every tv has a dvr.They offered me some discounts but still wanted 300 bucks for their new dvr system and they wouldnt come off the price of the sunday ticket.So I had uverse installed,after uverse tech left I called directtv to cancel.Then they offer me the frickin moon,I told him its to frickin late now,yall had your chance.
So if you have directtv and your contract is up,ask for cancellation dept and tell them you want it shut off today.They offered me the sunday ticket for free,said theyd lower my bill,and also give me the dvr system I wanted