Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

What FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?

Thread Hell

View Poll Results: Which FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?
Bryant Johnson 29 19.86%
DJ Hackett 37 25.34%
Randy Moss 26 17.81%
Javon Walker 14 9.59%
Other 5 3.42%
None (Draft a WR) 20 13.70%
Just Re-Sign Reche Caldwell and Forget the Rest 15 10.27%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Re: What FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?

btw, i voted draft. most fa's arent huge improvements

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
not a chance i'd bring randy moss in here. he took a 7 mil/year paycut last year. I'd attribute that to his sudden attitude change. He went from a 10m/year receiver to making 3 mil last year. give him a big deal and a losing record and will he help you get out of a slump? Would he have given the kind of effort that took the redskins to the playoffs both years under gibbs? I think when the deck is stacked against him he folds... not worth the dought to me.
Well we didn't have a losing record last year. But regardless, I think Moss is a better choice than Javon Walker, and definitely Chad Johnson. Otherwise, we draft a WR, and stick with the group that we have now. Or you go after Hackett...(who might be going to the Bucs) or Bryant Johnson (who is being courted by another team...I can't remember which).

Vinny and DS have said they want a big time receiver, well there aren't many left. I believe Moss would have done well in Green Bay last year, under Favre's leadership. And I think he can do a good job here.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #18
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

we didnt finish with a losing record because when we had one our guys didn't quit. both years we made the playoffs we had to win out to do it when we were down and had losing records.

i know where we finished, im talking about him getting malcontent when we're losing and he's not getting balls.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
we didnt finish with a losing record because when we had one our guys didn't quit. both years we made the playoffs we had to win out to do it when we were down and had losing records.

i know where we finished, im talking about him getting malcontent when we're losing and he's not getting balls.
Ah gotcha. Good point and that is def a risk the team would have to take. However, while there is a risk of the Redskins having a losing record, I think we are a good team that can take it to the next level with impact players like Moss.

Although I must say that after having a headcase like Lloyd, I would be concern about getting a headcase like Moss. Although, the team was considering Chad Johnson (another headcase)...but then again Moss and Johnson are talented and actually produce, unlike Mr. 25 catches and no TDs.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It'd be kind of cool to re-sign Reche and draft his brother.

The one guy I really don't think would add much is Bryant Johnson
Old 03-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #21
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It'd be kind of cool to re-sign Reche and draft his brother.

The one guy I really don't think would add much is Bryant Johnson
I just voted for Bryant Johnson, hes got the size we need, shouldnt be expensive, and is probably itching to prove hes a number one guy. Its not like he got benched to number 3, he playing behidn two of the best.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #22
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I agree Randy Moss hell of a talent like him alot, but Bryant Johnson & D J Hackett much younger and a lot cheaper and we can still hope for Mix to pan out.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #23
WhereRURiggins
Camp Scrub

Quote:
So is Moss worth it?
Is moss worth it? Look at his numbers! Of course he is!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #24
BrudLee
Playmaker

I'd love to see what the draft can bring us. This year's free agent class is filled with very good players who were mid-round selections. Let's give that a try this year.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #25
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

I would have to say Walker simply because he has proven to be a legit number one. His numbers in '06 was ridiculous. Denver runs a west coast scheme so the terminology may be a little bit the same which would require less studying and more playing. He is a big wr with some good, soft hands. I don't really see him drop a lot of balls. The only thing that hurts him is his injuries. Without his injuries Javon Walker would be a top-3 or 5 receiver in the league. The best part of it is we do not have to trade our picks to get him just spend some of Snyder's money. Then we draft on the defensive line or trade for Harris, Robertson or whom ever. Walker's only other deal is he believes that he is a number one and I believe if her came here he would be our best wide receiver bar none. Santana's on my bad side right now for the way he gave up on that interception that Collins threw in the Seattle game. I would not be oppose to drafting a wideout or sign Hackett either.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #26
Bozzy
The Starter

OFFENSIVE LINE.

kthxbye
Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #27
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Posse View Post
Wow thats great news, I hope your wrong though! The NFC East is a bitch. If that is this case maybe we should get Hackett and hope Mix turns into Burress, and focus on a good corner to help counter there actions.
Wow, that is optimistic. Burress was a top 10 pick, Mix was undrafted.

Anyway, I'd like Hackett. I am, of course, assuming his money would be more like Jerry Porter money (basically Brandon Lloyd/ARE money) and Javon Walker would be getting Berrian money ... who knows about Moss. I think Hackett is a guy would has a lot of potential who won't really require a bank breaking deal (maybe I'm wrong, these contracts are all pretty huge). He's basically entering his 3rd season as an NFL receiver (since he didn't play his first year and was hurt most of last year). Typically the third year is the time when an NFL receiver 'breaks out'. Hackett showed that ability when healthy last year (two 100 yard games, 3 tds in five games ... avg. 76.8 yards/game ... plus 100 yards and a TD vs. the Skinsin the playoffs). I'm also concerned about Javon Walker's knee. I'm somewhat intrigued by Moss ... visions of Jason Campbell just chucking the ball up in the air and having like 15 tds ... I really don't want to see Moss in Philadelphia, though that seems like a pretty logical place if he doesn't get back to New England.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

I'd do a lot to get Moss in B&G but I think it would be better for the teams development fir us to bring in DJ Hackett.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

I think Hackett and Walker are the top 2 targets. I'd prefer Hackett myself.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #30
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Unlike the last poll, this time you need to factor in salary. I realize we don't know the salary but we can guesstimate. So factor this in when making your decision. For example, clearly Randy Moss is a better player than Bryant Johnson but he'll command a much larger salary. So is Moss worth it?
I think we all like the notion of Moss, but no way can we afford, and no way SHOULD we afford his salary. Moss is unatainable for us, if we do sign him, might as well throw our draft picks away cause we won't be able to sign most of them.
I voted for Walker, however, that completely depends on his price, and at this point, I am unsure of what he will demand / command.