Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
kevinjames1973

Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Gotta see the good. I saw Hankerson have a good game. helu looked good except for the fumble. defense was still solid. You can see improvements every week and thats whats important when you have this many young guys playing. Just missing the most important piece. A good Qb. But I think Shanny gets his Qb in the draft.
kevinjames1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames1973 View Post
Gotta see the good. I saw Hankerson have a good game. helu looked good except for the fumble. defense was still solid. You can see improvements every week and thats whats important when you have this many young guys playing. Just missing the most important piece. A good Qb. But I think Shanny gets his Qb in the draft.
Beautiful!! I agree.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
12thMan
MVP

Cofield has been very underwhelming. There's no doubt about it. I

In fact, I'd add Rak to that list. Not impressed with him at all. Actually, I think he's a tad overrated. Very athletic, he contributes well, but things still aren't clicking for him. He's not consistently dominant and far from a game changer or a ball hawk. Yeah, he's good but not as good as some around here make him out to be.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Cofield has been very underwhelming. There's no doubt about it. I

In fact, I'd add Rak to that list. Not impressed with him at all. Actually, I think he's a tad overrated. Very athletic, he contributes well, but things still aren't clicking for him. He's not consistently dominant and far from a game changer or a ball hawk. Yeah, he's good but not as good as some around here make him out to be.
Orakpo has been terrible in coverage at times. Also, he still gets held all the time and he needs to figure out how to deal with that. The refs are not going to call that all the time. Orakpo is still young and can improve.

I think the Cofield situation is more of an issue. One of the biggest failure of this team last year was not getting a capable NT. And this year we once again are rolling the dice with a 4-3 DT. I hope Neild develops into a capable 3-4 NT, otherwise we are going to have the same problems.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I really like to hear how Mo Hurt graded out on his performance today. From what I saw it was ok. Like to keep him their the rest of the year see how it plays out.

Helu was good, but that fumble was pretty bad. I think he lost the ball a couple times but recovered the other.

Good for Gano.

Im waiting for the that Smackdown thread to open cause I cant believe the continuing bad play from Rocky.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #21
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really like to hear how Mo Hurt graded out on his performance today. From what I saw it was ok. Like to keep him their the rest of the year see how it plays out.

Helu was good, but that fumble was pretty bad. I think he lost the ball a couple times but recovered the other.

Good for Gano.

Im waiting for the that Smackdown thread to open cause I cant believe the continuing bad play from Rocky.
Redskins’ rookie trio shows progress in loss to 49ers - The Insider - The Washington Post

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm not gonna lie, even though watching a team lose like this is pretty painful, I do enjoy the post game tweets, they definitely help to cheer me up. Case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Sports Bog
We’re gonna stick with John,” Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said after Sunday’s loss to the 49ers, and that prompted jokes.

“Fine, but I’m going to stick with not watching,” @TrezMartin wrote.

“And I'm going to keep betting against you,” @MahGill wrote.
Titanic Capt: ‘We’re gonna stick with full speed ahead’ ” @willbhenline wrote.

And so on.

Why John Beck didn’t go deep - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

Last edited by mooby; 11-07-2011 at 01:15 AM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #23
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Kudos to Gano for giving the fans confidence when we need to kick a FG of 55-60 yards. Move out of the way, Seabass and Elam, Gano is coming to town.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

GANO
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #25
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Yes, Rocky played bad today. But Vontaze Burfict sure would look good in a skins uniform, as would Donta Hightower(hell even Manti Teo would be an upgrade over rocky)
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Young players ftw. When you take the insane addiction this team has to its veteran's out of the equation, it's actually pretty deep at a lot of positions. It's not deep at quarterback or running back, and that makes it hard to win games in the here and now, but the OL played pretty well and the receivers got open, finally. I'm not worried about the 3 dropped passes, we threw the ball a lot more than we typically do (because we didn't go 3 and out quite as much).

Banks and Armstrong continue to frustrate me. I think Banks will find it still in the second half of this year. Armstrong...I don't know. I think he has a future here as a deep threat and special teamer, but that means fourth receiver. Very disappointing.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #27
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Young players ftw. When you take the insane addiction this team has to its veteran's out of the equation, it's actually pretty deep at a lot of positions. It's not deep at quarterback or running back, and that makes it hard to win games in the here and now, but the OL played pretty well and the receivers got open, finally. I'm not worried about the 3 dropped passes, we threw the ball a lot more than we typically do (because we didn't go 3 and out quite as much).

Banks and Armstrong continue to frustrate me. I think Banks will find it still in the second half of this year. Armstrong...I don't know. I think he has a future here as a deep threat and special teamer, but that means fourth receiver. Very disappointing.
Well, he was a undrafted guy, and it took him until he was 27 or 28 years old to even stick as a regular 53 man roster player. I wouldn't say being a 4th receiver is all that disappointing.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, he was a undrafted guy, and it took him until he was 27 or 28 years old to even stick as a regular 53 man roster player. I wouldn't say being a 4th receiver is all that disappointing.
Very true. I think it's disappointing in the context of this season. But it's not terribly shocking that his 2010 season ended up being a mirage.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
That Guy
Living Legend

hankerson didn't make me want to punch myself, so he's improved faster than i thought he would.

helu had a 4.1 avg, but only 10 carries? grr.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

AA was a 1 year wonder