Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

For now, Clarett and Williams barred

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-20-2004, 12:07 PM   #16
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

its too bad we can't find out the drafting spots for the possible supplemental draft before this weekend cuz if we knew we had the 1st pick in that, i think we could trade gardner for a pick or 2 in this draft to someone like san diego or baltimore.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #17
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Can you trade Supplemental draft picks. i doubt it since somone said that its usually done by just filling out a piece of paper of who you would pick and then the league just sorting it. Itd be cool to trade out supp pick to someone who wanted to risk the chance of getting Williams.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #18
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

I don't see how you could trade a Supplemental Pick easily because there is no guarantee that there will be a supplemental draft in any given year and no indication of whare people will go.

Cris Carter went to the Eagles in the FOURTH ROUND of the supplemental draft. Since there were only about 2 or 3 players in that draft, that means that every team in the league passed on him at least 3 times - and some passed 4 times. If you take a player in the first round of the 2004 supplemental draft, you do not have a first round pick in the 2005 draft; in essence, you have already used it. And if you have already traded away your first round pick in 2005, you would not get a pick in the 2004 supplemental draft.

So, I don't understand what kind of deal you could make for a supplementla pick other than trading your pick when it is your turn to another team so they can make a pick right there.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:37 PM   #19
love them hogs
Special Teams

I agree that the Redskins would trade gardner if they got williams, but what are there chances of even getting the first pick?
love them hogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 AM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by love them hogs
I agree that the Redskins would trade gardner if they got williams, but what are there chances of even getting the first pick?
1 in 13 as one of the teams with 6 wins or less unless the report I read that explained it was incorrect.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:47 AM   #21
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
I don't see how you could trade a Supplemental Pick easily because there is no guarantee that there will be a supplemental draft in any given year and no indication of whare people will go.

Cris Carter went to the Eagles in the FOURTH ROUND of the supplemental draft. Since there were only about 2 or 3 players in that draft, that means that every team in the league passed on him at least 3 times - and some passed 4 times. If you take a player in the first round of the 2004 supplemental draft, you do not have a first round pick in the 2005 draft; in essence, you have already used it. And if you have already traded away your first round pick in 2005, you would not get a pick in the 2004 supplemental draft.

So, I don't understand what kind of deal you could make for a supplementla pick other than trading your pick when it is your turn to another team so they can make a pick right there.
\

Actually the supplemental draft work's like so, any team can bid, but it's a closed bid, so you enclose a pick you think is worthy of that player, that's where draft order this year comes into play, say we offer a number 1, then detroit offer's thier #1 we would win out because our draft order this year is higher, even though the pick we lose next year could be a late #1, and detroit's could very well be a high #1, giving them a different value on that pick, san diego is a prime example of a team that wouldn't want to offer up a #1 for William's, so if we think we have a playoff team for next year, and we will be picking late, it would be a good choice to throw a #1 at a mike William's, or we could throw a #2 at him and if no one else submit's a better pick we would get him for a #2.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:45 AM   #22
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
Cris Carter went to the Eagles in the FOURTH ROUND of the supplemental draft. Since there were only about 2 or 3 players in that draft, that means that every team in the league passed on him at least 3 times - and some passed 4 times.
what type of prospect was he coming out of college? i think i remember hearing about him having attitude problems early on but i can't believe he was passed up that many times by that many teams.