Memorial Day Weekend

Parking Lot

Old 05-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wow you are camping this year? Way to rough it 1st down, nice!

LOL, that's not our place I just posted that as a joke. Our place is only about 1800 sq ft just big enough to get away and have a few friends down. It perfect weather down here in Nags Head just killing time before hitting the beach. I just went to the store so I don't have to drive and I have two cases on ice. If anyone is heading this way don't drink and drive and don't speed because the cops are out in full force.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
over the mountain
Playmaker

Have you ever been with your wife's or girlfriend's family during thanksgiving or christmas and her crazy aunt and uncle talk about coming down to see your new house but you dont hear from them for months, maybe years afterwards?

Well apparently my lady's aunt and uncle are visiting this weekend. They are straight up wild.

My nice relaxing BBQ weekend has just turned into a drunken drama fest. Sad thing is we have to hide our valuables.....shit, you guys dont even know the drama storm thats coming my way.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Have you ever been with your wife's or girlfriend's family during thanksgiving or christmas and her crazy aunt and uncle talk about coming down to see your new house but you dont hear from them for months, maybe years afterwards?

Well apparently my lady's aunt and uncle are visiting this weekend. They are straight up wild.

My nice relaxing BBQ weekend has just turned into a drunken drama fest. Sad thing is we have to hide our valuables.....shit, you guys dont even know the drama storm thats coming my way.
Keep out the video camera and take a few pics so we can enjoy.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
over the mountain
Playmaker

I honestly havent been fishing yet this season but I just picked up my salt water reel and rod from my parents then I got my 2 light duty combos.

Thinking of going down to sandy point, would love to go down to point lookout though (southern most tip of MD).

Im thinking sandy point or trying this small state park near balt city that has a point shooting out into the bay.

I usually do salty sardines with a 2 hook bottom rig, crack some beers and wait for the hit. I enjoy what I call "lazy boy" fishing, just tossing a line out there and letting it sit.

What kinda of bait do you suggest for some bottom fishing in the bay around this time?
I got a 3/4 inch drill last week so i need to just go ahead and get that mason drill.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I honestly havent been fishing yet this season but I just picked up my salt water reel and rod from my parents then I got my 2 light duty combos.

Thinking of going down to sandy point, would love to go down to point lookout though (southern most tip of MD).

Im thinking sandy point or trying this small state park near balt city that has a point shooting out into the bay.

I usually do salty sardines with a 2 hook bottom rig, crack some beers and wait for the hit. I enjoy what I call "lazy boy" fishing, just tossing a line out there and letting it sit.

What kinda of bait do you suggest for some bottom fishing in the bay around this time?
I got a 3/4 inch drill last week so i need to just go ahead and get that mason drill.
Well if your going after croakers I use squid and you can also catch flounder on squid. I always have squid when we go fishing because so many different fish will eat squid.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Just completed a 19 mile trail run and heading over to enjoy a cookout with friends.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Is that a chipping green out back?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So does anyone have any big plans this weekend? We are heading down to Nags Head to enjoy the beach for a few days and then heading home for a pool party Monday.

Lets not forget the reason for Memorial Day and the Men & Women who died for our freedoms.

....amen.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

First that was a kick ass picture man ! I've never served in the military and I'm amazed at the men and women that fight for us as well as those all over the world to know their freedoms. This is a picture of my dad while he was away at Vietnam. My father did 2 tours, and even though he did not die there. The stories that my family have told me about who he was before and after he went let me know that a part of him died over there. I know that my dad had hella balls though. He told me a story about how he got his Purple Heart and I'll tell it to you all.

I saw a scar on his leg and asked him about it, I was about 8 at the time. He said that one night they were out and they started to take fire. His Sgt got hit and they were leaving to get to their extraction point and he grabbed his Sgt to take him out. My dad said that he ran while his Sgt fired to protect his back. He told me that by the time he got to their meet up spot that he layed his Sgts body down and his head was gone. My father had been shot in the back and took shrapnel in his leg. I didn't know who he was before he left, because I wasn't born but I miss the man that came back. He was different from what I've heard but that was my dad. At his funeral I remember seeing a lot of men crying and saluting my dads casket, they shook my hand and told me about him, I don't know who they were but...I understand now more that when I was 9.

If there are any of you here that are in any branches of our military I say Thank You. From the bottom of my heart, thank you !

That's my father Bernard Michael Plummer in Song Be, Vietnam. They called him Bro Wine.

Be easy folks !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote