Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
plus not to mention he has taken over from deion and archuleta the job of poster child for snydernomics - massive over paying for aging, underpreforming, big names. This is everything the redskins are trying to get away from (supposedly) with ms and allen. If you can get value for him, give him the door .
SS mentioned that's what the FO was working on, but a 7th certainly isn't value. I'm not letting AH go for less than a 2nd & 3rd this year or a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. The guy is an impact player and one of the top DTs in football, for 66% of the defensive snaps each season.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I'm with you on the "don't trade to draft Clausen" stance but, I think right now we're a better team keeping Campbell, Haynesworth, and McIntosh. They all have issues that can be worked out eventually.

If Campbell sits for a year learning from KS and McNabb, he'll be a UFA next year and he'll be valued as a starting QB more.

McIntosh is just bitter because he has earned an extension and hasn't gotten it, yet. He too will be valued as a starting LB if he plays for this one year tender and becomes a UFA.

Haynesworth wasn't gonna come to voluntary workouts regardless of who's coaching the team, or where he played.

Now, as far as Clausen goes (or any player that's high on the Skins board right now who continues to slip deeper in to round 2 or lower) there's a possibility of trading next year's 'first' or JC/Rocky/AH and a lower pick (2nd rounder or lower) next year to be able to draft that guy. Again this player has to be ranked very high on their board and has fallen into the 2nd or 3rd round today.
If these guys just stay with their 1 yr. tenders and are UFAs next year, how does that help us? They go into the open market and we get nothing for them. Or they become more valuable and we have to pay more to keep them.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The only moves I would like to see is JC to someone for a 3rd or high 4th, and possibly Rocky for a 4th. Otherwise, I'm ok with standing pat.
This, except I would be up for trading AH following this advice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
SS mentioned that's what the FO was working on, but a 7th certainly isn't value. I'm not letting AH go for less than a 2nd & 3rd this year or a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. The guy is an impact player and one of the top DTs in football, for 66% of the defensive snaps each season.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If they decide to trade AH I would seek a trade with the Rams for the 33rd pick (1st 2nd round pick) and either their 3rd or 4th rounder.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
If these guys just stay with their 1 yr. tenders and are UFAs next year, how does that help us? They go into the open market and we get nothing for them. Or they become more valuable and we have to pay more to keep them.
These aren't the only guys in the league playing under a one year tender. Besides, if they prove their worth, the team will give them an extension before they hit the market.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

I read the Peter King article, as fun as he is to hate, it's a good article. His point about McDaniels/Tebow is 100% spot-on.

I really would love to see Clausen go to Minn at 34. Great situation for him. Excellent OL, Excellent RB, quality WRs, Excellent D. He'll likely have a year to sit behind Favre and is leverage for the Vikes if Favre plays his yearly "should I stay or should I go" routine.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If they decide to trade AH I would seek a trade with the Rams for the 33rd pick (1st 2nd round pick) and either their 3rd or 4th rounder.
Seems fair.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #23
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
that'd be sweeeeeeeet.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #24
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Smoot said a team interested in AH was only offering a 7th round pick? I didn't see that anywhere and i find a hard time to believe thats true. i must have misunderstood your post. could you clarify?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Smoot said a team interested in AH was only offering a 7th round pick? I didn't see that anywhere and i find a hard time to believe thats true. i must have misunderstood your post. could you clarify?
doughtydoubter had said he would give up AH for a 7th round pick. That is what the response was about.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #26
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
doughtydoubter had said he would give up AH for a 7th round pick. That is what the response was about.
wow. that's the retarded thing i've read in a long time.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Are you guys sure that it is within the rules to trade players for picks while the draft is being conducted? I ask because I can't recall seeing that happen.

Or, would this be a case where a deal is agreed to and the original team on the clock would select a player for the team with which they are dealing and then the trade would be made after the draft is concluded?

To answer the OP's question, if a player or players the Skins really want slips from second or third round to the fourth or fifth round, then I'd hope that the Skins would try to deal JC and/or Rocky for a fourth or fifth round pick to get the player(s) they want. I say that because it seems clear that JC and Rocky are not in the Skins' plans as starters.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Are you guys sure that it is within the rules to trade players for picks while the draft is being conducted? I ask because I can't recall seeing that happen.

Or, would this be a case where a deal is agreed to and the original team on the clock would select a player for the team with which they are dealing and then the trade would be made after the draft is concluded?
Yes. The Chargers sent the Broncos a LB in a draft trade last night.

Chargers receive:
» First-round pick (No. 12):
Ryan Mathews
» Fourth-round pick (No. 110)
» Sixth-round pick (No. 173)

Dolphins receive:
» Linebacker Tim Dobbins
» First-round pick (No. 28):
Jared Odrick
» Second-round pick (No. 40)
» Fourth-round pick (No. 126)

I can't believe now many trades the Broncos did last night!

I am hoping that's us today and we can pick up some 2nd and/or 3rd-round choices.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #29
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Yes. The Chargers sent the Broncos a LB in a draft trade last night.

Chargers receive:
» First-round pick (No. 12):
Ryan Mathews
» Fourth-round pick (No. 110)
» Sixth-round pick (No. 173)

Dolphins receive:
» Linebacker Tim Dobbins
» First-round pick (No. 28):
Jared Odrick
» Second-round pick (No. 40)
» Fourth-round pick (No. 126)

I can't believe now many trades the Broncos did last night!

I am hoping that's us today and we can pick up some 2nd and/or 3rd-round choices.
Thanks, Buster.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Haynesworth is staying for sure now.

The Lions and Titans were interested and both selected D-Linemen. Also, Fisher said outright that the talks about Big Al are over.