Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Smackin' it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
REX GROSSMAN- Should have just kept Jason Campbell

4th QTR D- Guys I know the offense is a joke but show some heart

Josh Wilson- Owned by Holmes

Santana Moss- For always talking up Rex, dude you make yourself look like an Idiot.
And two big drops he had in the 4th.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

My smack down goes to Helu, Fred Davis, and Gano. Why the hell are you all trying to help us win!?! haha but seriously we need to ultimately lose cause we are done.

my smack down goes to Jammal Brown. I hope you get cut because your surgery didn't help you it made you worse. Also LaRon Landry, I mean you were "good to go" all week and last moment, bam your injured again so we have to put in reed Doughty. I want you on this team next year man, but at this point its not looking likely.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Helu gave his all against the Jets. Moss dropped some passes out there yesterday. Grossman as usually, turned the ball over. It's a given that Rex Grossman will turn the ball over at least twice a game and it's a laughable shame. Fred Davis and Trent Williams, two bright spots on offense, will be suspended for the remainder of the season because they love weed so much.

Did Jabar Gaffney catch at least one pass yesterday? He was completely nonexistent. Going into week 14, isn't it time for Mike Shanahan to lift Jonathon Crompton from the practice squad to see what he can do? Hell, if he can plug in a guy who hadn't played in a regular season game at QB in for years, then he can promote Crompton and let him play. What harm is in that at this point of this miserable season?
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
#56fanatic
The Starter

My smackdown(s) go to Kyle Shannahan and Gano.

Kyle - We were having success running against the Jets early, which set up some plays down field. For what ever reason, we stopped running and became extremely predictable. I was calling out runs on 2nd down quite a few times after failing miserably on first down. Just dont understand how a game so close until the final minutes has a QB throwing 46 times. Helu was averaging 6 yards a freaking carry.

Gano - Yeah he was 4-4 on field goals, something we are not use to at all. But when he made that field goal at the end of the game, I said he can't do two things in a row under pressure and sure enough he jacked up the kick. I actually expected him to yank it out of bounds, which would have actually been better.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
#56fanatic
The Starter

and forgot one

Santana Moss - Normally not one to go one here, but dude dropped, missed, 2 or 3 balls that would have been big gains. One may have been a TD. The balls where well thrown, went literally between his hands. Have to make those plays.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

How about that "helmet to helmet" call on Gomes? Didn't come anywhere near Sanchez' head. If anything it was a late hit after the whistle ... the referees just can't get it right this year.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
How about that "helmet to helmet" call on Gomes? Didn't come anywhere near Sanchez' head. If anything it was a late hit after the whistle ... the referees just can't get it right this year.
That wasn't Gomes. That was Kevin Barnes and I'm sure the league officials will review it. If it was indeed helmet to helmet, then Barnes will get a hefty fine for it I'm certain.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
That wasn't Gomes. That was Kevin Barnes and I'm sure the league officials will review it. If it was indeed helmet to helmet, then Barnes will get a hefty fine for it I'm certain.
Sanchez actually ducked his head and that's why it was helmet to helmet. There was no intent but the refs are just too stupid to see the difference.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I've been on the refs all year long. They simply suck. Every week, every game we see horse shit calls and yesterday was no different. Hopefully the competition people will put a stop to this non sense in the off season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Moss is one of my fav skins but his age seems to be catching up to him this season
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

my only one other than above, Danny Smith. Ultimately, Special Teams has cost us a fair number of games this year. I know players execute, and I think Danny Smith is an above average ST coach, but, without checking numbers, a high percentage of ST plays have simple mistakes, penalties, botched snaps, etc. I think he will be the coach that goes this offseason.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
freddyg12
Playmaker

Pass rush; this has been the case for a while now. Our sack #s have been inflated by good coverage all year. Yesterday even when the coverage was there Sanchez wasn't pressured into bad throws.

I disagree big time w/calling out D. Hall. That almost pick was a nice break on the ball, he makes that play a lot, it wasn't as much a "drop" when I saw it the second time. But other than Holmes beating wilson on the double move td, the secondary played another good game. Holmes & Plax made a few plays but Sanchez went to check downs & screens a lot cause the coverage was good. If there was any consistent pressure it would've been a different game.

Of course, Rexy & our O., but I don't expect much of them, we all know we need some major upgrades at QB, WR & O line.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Thanks for stepping in Matty. I think the ones I would have said have already been covered-Kyle, Run Defense, Gano
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thanks for stepping in Matty. I think the ones I would have said have already been covered-Kyle, Run Defense, Gano
Agree, and Grossman who kept the INT streak alive. Way to go Rex

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Kyle come to the game with more than two run plays. Toss right, toss left, today. Stretch right, stretch left, yesterday. Try mixing up it a little dude. When I have a pretty good idea of what you will be calling, your wrong.

Grossman is hot garbage. My wife who barely knows the rules of football watched with me for a bit and after 15 minutes asked "don't you have another QB that guy sucks."

WRs - All of them. The fact that David Anderson has seen the field at all this year is not a good sign. Get some separation due to skill and not blown coverage. Either our QBs hold on to the ball way to long because they like to or you guys take 7 seconds to get open.

Banks - Brandon [P] Banks, Please Go NOW! And take Danny Smith with you.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote