Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins 2011 Draft = Big Success

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #16
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

Re: Redskins 2011 Draft = Big Success

OK, one thing I have learned over the years...

A) Putting down some one else's opinions doesn't automatically make you the smarter, wiser, or more intelligent person.

B) It's always best to actually READ everything that is written in someone's post before declaring someone is "right" or "wrong" with their OPINION.

... In the original post, I was talking about my impression of ROOKIE PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS BASED ON DRAFT POSITION... i.e. based on a CURVE as I was basing it on where we are right now, seeing as how it isn't 2013.

Grading Kerrigan an A+ pick does not mean that he is an A+ LB and is offically better than Sigletary, Urlacher & Ray Lewis combined. It means that he is performing as good as I could have possibly guessed through 10 games playing a new position as a rookie.

90% of my opinion is what I have seen with my own eyes, not stats...

Jenkins, Hankerson, Paul have been praised on numerous occasions by teammates & coaches about their performance in practice, and I've seen things that show they know what the hell they are doing already in certain key areas, FOR A ROOKIE.

As for "stats," DeJon Gomes and his "one game." Mr. "Google Babe Laufenburg" how about you tell me how many 5TH ROUND safeties have made 13 tackles in their first career start as a rookie? Also notice that I didn't give him an "A" and I DID MENTION that it was just one game... but that he already looked better than Reed Doughty (IMO).

And Hankerson... 2 starts, 12 catches for 140 yards and a 2-point conversion where he looked VERY comfortable working the CB off to open space for the back shoulder catch. After watching D. Thomas and M. Kelly, how can you say that he has shown already to be a MUCH better value than either, having picked him in the 3RD ROUND.

As for Helu... If you can't see the difference between how he finds and hits holes compared to Hightower, Torain, Choice, etc. then that's where we really differ. As far as his stats.... Over the past 6 games, Torain has 51 yards on 36 carries, Helu is something around 120 yards on 24 carries... behind the same line.

You don't think you need to see stats to see talent.

Again, let me make the original post clear... the grades aren't player grades as compared to everyone in the NFL. It's based on what I've seen vs what the expectations were for that player based on their draft position.

Why don't you just share YOUR opinion instead of trying to trash someone else's (like others have done in this thread)? It's like those parents that sit in the stands, talk about how their vast experience playing a sport (in rec or high school), coaching their 10 year-old and trashing everything a coach does just so it makes them seem like the supreme guru... makes me shake my head.

Last edited by Hail to the Redskins; 11-21-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Hail to the Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
skinster
Impact Rookie

Disagree, I think its a little overly optimistic.

Kerrigan is an A-/B+ IMO. He's a solid pick, but not a stud. His stats I believe to be a little misleading. Pretty much every sack I've seen him make he is either untouched, or not being blocked by an O-linemen. Once he beats his first couple double team's then I'll conceed the A+

Jenkins was a pre-season A but now is TBD.

Hankerson is a TBD, but looks promising.

Helu is a C IMO. Nothing more than a guy that can play as the 3rd RB for a long time in the NFL. Most of his yards seem to come from draws on long downs. I don't see him being able to carry the load on any week. Not a bad guy to throw in the mix though.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #18
That Guy
Living Legend

well, based on plasyer performance they did fine, but on origanizational roster building (ie not getting a good QB or OL guys) they failed miserably.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Truthfully, it's way too soon to be grading this years draft.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #20
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Disagree, I think its a little overly optimistic.

Kerrigan is an A-/B+ IMO. He's a solid pick, but not a stud. His stats I believe to be a little misleading. Pretty much every sack I've seen him make he is either untouched, or not being blocked by an O-linemen. Once he beats his first couple double team's then I'll conceed the A+

Jenkins was a pre-season A but now is TBD.

Hankerson is a TBD, but looks promising.

Helu is a C IMO. Nothing more than a guy that can play as the 3rd RB for a long time in the NFL. Most of his yards seem to come from draws on long downs. I don't see him being able to carry the load on any week. Not a bad guy to throw in the mix though.
So one Kerrigan beats a few double teams he's a A? I've seen Nield beat a few double teams this year. He's an A!

Nice grade system lol
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
So one Kerrigan beats a few double teams he's a A? I've seen Nield beat a few double teams this year. He's an A!

Nice grade system lol
I doubt that's true. All I'm saying is that to be an A plass rusher, you have to beat the double team, not get to the qb by beating tight ends and backs.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

IMO This draft class was significantly better draft then past seasons. We have 9 of 12 draft picks that have seen the field and made an impact in one form or another is huge. Not to mention that we obtained all of these players by trading down and not losing picks in this years draft.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #23
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
I doubt that's true. All I'm saying is that to be an A plass rusher, you have to beat the double team, not get to the qb by beating tight ends and backs.
3 of Kerrigans sacks this year have been when he's beaten the RT, 2 were from just hustle when the QB scrambled...
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Now when you say plass rusher, do you mean the loose Norwegian translation for place or are you referring to to the American automobile "the Plass", made by Reuben Plass in 1897? Just wanted to check before I respond to your post.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

[QUOTE=Bucket;863137]3 of Kerrigans sacks this year have been when he's beaten the RT, 2 were from just hustle when the QB scrambled...[/QUOTE

2 "were just from hustle"? Seriously? I wish EVERY player who "just hustle" on every play.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #26
Bucket
Playmaker

[quote=SkinzzFan;863155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
3 of Kerrigans sacks this year have been when he's beaten the RT, 2 were from just hustle when the QB scrambled...[/QUOTE

2 "were just from hustle"? Seriously? I wish EVERY player who "just hustle" on every play.
How else, was I suppose to say that? Kerrigan has two sacks from relentless pace at the QB while the QB scrambled out of the pocket? lol.. I'm confused at your comment.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #27
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

[quote=Bucket;863211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzzFan View Post

How else, was I suppose to say that? Kerrigan has two sacks from relentless pace at the QB while the QB scrambled out of the pocket? lol.. I'm confused at your comment.
Honestly I was confused by your comment...it seemed like you were saying because those were hustle plays they were somehow devalued and took away from his strong rookie season. Apparently I misinterpreted what you meant. LOL.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #28
Bushead
Impact Rookie

I'm confused by "he has to consistently beat the double team." I can't think of anyone who beats a double team consistently.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #29
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
One game does not a player make. But Helu looked pretty impressive when he's gotten the start, and -- against a good run defense today vs. Seahawks. The jump-over-the-guy for TD is one of our few highlights for the season. Also had a decent presence in the passing game.

I think Helu gets an A given how low he was drafted, based on potential so far. We'll see in 3 years if this remains true.

Last edited by ethat001; 11-27-2011 at 11:41 PM.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #30
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
One game does not a player make. But Helu looked pretty impressive when he's gotten the start, and -- against a good run defense today vs. Seahawks. The jump-over-the-guy for TD is one of our few highlights for the season. Also had a decent presence in the passing game.

I think Helu gets an A given how low he was drafted, based on potential so far. We'll see in 3 years if this remains true.

Helu is my last hope to have any chance in Fantasy Football this year.