Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Well this doesn't shock me 1 bit.. DS want's a different QB and he has been looking for one since last season...

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #17
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Keep in mind the term "scout" could be completely misconstrued here. It could be that Snyder, Cerrato, Campbell, and Fred Smith (just to throw names out there) were in Texas, saw a Longhorns game and that turns into Cerrato and Snyder were scouting McCoy
Hmmm, that actually makes a lot of sense. Reid and the Post love to spin stuff.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well this doesn't shock me 1 bit.. DS want's a different QB and he has been looking for one since last season...
Honestly, i beleived at the time what Campbell was told - they wanted him to succceed but he simply wasn't performing up to snuff. I have been very impressed with Campbell's play of late and I thought they had too. Only time will tell.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Watch Campbell sign in Carolina, where they have a good OL, 2 solid RBs, and a gamebreaking WR (Steve Smith). Snyderato chased Brad Johnson out of town, but he was good enough to win a Super Bowl after that in Tampa. If they cast Jason aside, despite his continued improvement, I will be rooting HARD for him to land in a great situation like Carolina, and see him kick ass there.

Campbell has more than demonstrated toughness, both physical and mental. His improvement that coincided with Sherm Lewis calling plays, is too obvious to ignore. I'm really hoping that we give Campbell a tender for one more season, then if he shows that he's still trending upward, we can always give him a long-term extension during the uncapped season.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Watch Campbell sign in Carolina, where they have a good OL, 2 solid RBs, and a gamebreaking WR (Steve Smith). Snyderato chased Brad Johnson out of town, but he was good enough to win a Super Bowl after that in Tampa. If they cast Jason aside, despite his continued improvement, I will be rooting HARD for him to land in a great situation like Carolina, and see him kick ass there.

Campbell has more than demonstrated toughness, both physical and mental. His improvement that coincided with Sherm Lewis calling plays, is too obvious to ignore. I'm really hoping that we give Campbell a tender for one more season, then if he shows that he's still trending upward, we can always give him a long-term extension during the uncapped season.
I was actually thinking the same thing lol... I would keep him for a couple more years, and draft a QB in this years draft.. Not necessarily in the 1st rd, but I would like to see them draft 1 soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #21
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

There isnt any reason to keep Campbell a couple more years if he isn't going to be the franchise quarterback. In 3 more seasons Jason will be 30 years old...and then guys will be complaining that he is too "old" to be a QB. We've had jason for 5 years now....we know exactly what he can and can't do.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #22
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I don't care if they're out there scouting as long a they go scout a left tackle.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #23
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing lol... I would keep him for a couple more years, and draft a QB in this years draft.. Not necessarily in the 1st rd, but I would like to see them draft 1 soon.
I hope for that too, if they must draft a qb I really hope they don't in the 1st round. I think the ideal situation is to keep JC & bring in competition + see what Colt can do. Colt Brennan may have worked hard during his IR time & might seriously be ready to play at some point next year.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

This means nothing unless Vinny is still on the payroll on March 1. I will save my whining on this issue until then.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
firstdown
Living Legend

Man JC plays a couple of decent games and you guys are now feeling him up like he is the hottest hooker in town. I guess if El returns a punt this week he will become the second best looking hooker.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #26
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Guys please stop buying tickets to the game and buying Redskins merchandise and tell other fans to stop as well... as long as you do, you are giving this guy the power to run this proud franchise into the ground

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #27
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Not sure what they mean by in-person evaluation of Clausen. There really isn't much the Redskins could do before this week once Clausen declared.
cerrato could arrange something, i'm sure he still knows a couple guys in south bend that would arrange somthing for him

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Man JC plays a couple of decent games and you guys are now feeling him up like he is the hottest hooker in town. I guess if El returns a punt this week he will become the second best looking hooker.
I actually thought it was funny too that so many in this thread are pro JC w/out many anti JC. I've always liked him, but I have to admit that D. Steinberg of the wash post has a good point; he hasn't won most close games when it comes down to him leading a drive.

That int. @ NO killed me cause that was all on him. He's ended a few games w/Int.s w/the game on the line.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #29
over the mountain
Playmaker

lol at people still claiming the DS doesnt make personnel decisions for our team . . . if a story like this equals a grain of sand i'd have a beach right now.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #30
maroonandblack30
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It just makes me sick to my stomach that these two continue to make decisions for this organization.
was thinking the exact same thing.

The fact that Snyder is "scouting" is humiliating. Seriously WTF is he using to evaluate talent? coaching background? playing background?

Completely embarassing.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote