Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
jdlea
Playmaker

Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Should this thread title have a question mark at the end of it!

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Keep Cundiff.
Score more touchdowns.
Make more interceptions.
Sack more QBs.
Stuff more RBs.
Play better defense.
Seems like a recipe for ass kicking, let me check with Rex Ryan.

He Gets Us
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They aren't bringing in any kickers this week, and I don't think they should. For one thing, going into Sunday Cundiff had only missed one kick (a 62 yarder he never should have taken). But more importantly, they can't just quit on him after one poor game after making so adamant a commitment to him just a month ago.
Good point, 2 of his misses this year were out of his range and nothing more than prayer shots. Missing the 31 yarder though, that hurts. Can't have those types of misses.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
They aren't bringing in any kickers this week, and I don't think they should. For one thing, going into Sunday Cundiff had only missed one kick (a 62 yarder he never should have taken). But more importantly, they can't just quit on him after one poor game after making so adamant a commitment to him just a month ago.
Yes,another terrible judgement call by Shanahan.
I agree with you,they shouldnt cut him after ONE bad game but it wouldnt bother me if they did,I still think we should have kept Rackers.I was surprised the Texans let him go,I dont think it was performance based,must have been a contract issue
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Cundiff hopefully just had one bad game. However if he misses more than 1 kick next game. His ass is grass, kick him out of here!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Smoot I agree with you on Cundiff, but I will add that the Falcons are totally explosive on offense and every possesion will count this Sunday, so he better make all his FGs this week. The Skins will not be able to stop this team on defense, they will score 30+, the Redskins can only hope to stay with them.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I don't know that either Rackers or Gano is an upgrade or downgrade over Cundiff. They are all about the same despite having different strengths/weaknesses.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
los panda
Pro Bowl

as a kicker, i say keep him. as a redskins fan, i say keep him.

if he wets the top bunk again, then start sniffing around the hamper for the cleanest dirty shirt.
on a gano note, was he ever seen practicing kicking over a "wall"? something like 12 ft high, about 8 yds in front of him. his trajectory has room for improvement. he did nail that 59 yarder once upon a time
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
so youre of the mindset that, when you make a horrible mistake, and it becomes glaringly obvious that you made a horrible mistake, and you actually have a way to easily correct your mistake, that you should just stay the course because a month ago you made a strong committment to your mistake? To me, thats arrogant, and thats exactly what the shanahans are doing. They are letting egos get in the way of good football sense.

The skins sticking with Cundiff is like the NFL sticking with the replacement refs after week 2, when it was glaringly obvious they were horrible. The real refs were ready. Instead of correcting their mistake then, the NFL stuck with the replacement refs until an eggregious error was made on MFN at the end of week 3. The NFL stuck with the replacement refs "a week too long," when they could have brought in the real refs "a week too early."

We dodged a bullet when Cundiff BARELY made the game winning kick... but the skins keeping him is arrogant and foolish. Cundiff was HORRIBLE in week 4. He has ZERO chance of making kicks beyond 45 yards and he's inconsistent with shorter kicks.

Sooner or later, Cundiff will single-leggedly loses a game for us. I'd rather cut him and bring in Gano a week too early than keep him a week too long.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
so youre of the mindset that, when you make a horrible mistake, and it becomes glaringly obvious that you made a horrible mistake, and you actually have a way to easily correct your mistake, that you should just stay the course because a month ago you made a strong committment to your mistake? To me, thats arrogant, and thats exactly what the shanahans are doing. They are letting egos get in the way of good football sense.

The skins sticking with Cundiff is like the NFL sticking with the replacement refs after week 2, when it was glaringly obvious they were horrible. The real refs were ready. Instead of correcting their mistake then, the NFL stuck with the replacement refs until an eggregious error was made on MFN at the end of week 3. The NFL stuck with the replacement refs "a week too long," when they could have brought in the real refs "a week too early."

We dodged a bullet when Cundiff BARELY made the game winning kick... but the skins keeping him is arrogant and foolish. Cundiff was HORRIBLE in week 4. He has ZERO chance of making kicks beyond 45 yards and he's inconsistent with shorter kicks.

Sooner or later, Cundiff will single-leggedly loses a game for us. I'd rather cut him and bring in Gano a week too early than keep him a week too long.
You make some good points but I dont see why anyone would want to go back to Gano.The only think Gano has over cundiff is the ability to occasionaly make a long fg
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

You'd rather have Gano single-leggedly lose a game for us?

It's not like Gano is a world-beater.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm of the mindset that if you were going to cut him after one poor game (in which he made the winning kick anyway) then you shouldn't have signed him in the first place. There's a fine line between arrogance and loyalty. On the one hand, you could say Shanahan is being arrogant. On the other you could say Shanahan needs to show his players he's loyal to them even through mistakes.

Last edited by SmootSmack; 10-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lovin Cundiff work on kickoffs. Gano had multiple kicks out of bounds resulting in the starting spot of the 40 last year, thats insane. Cundiff getting more touchbacks as well.

He Gets Us
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Debating whether to have Gano, Rackers, or Cundiff on your team is like debating on which flavor of turd you want to eat. Chocolate, Strawberry, or Raspberry. Does it matter? It's still a turd and tough to stomach.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Seems like a recipe for ass kicking, let me check with Rex Ryan.
It was funny as hell when he said you get a punt blocked and they only rush one guy at first i thought he was BS's. Then the showed the footage and he was right the 49ers blocked a punt only rushing one FN guy. I got a feeling Danny Smith will rally our troops on ST's.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Closed Thread