Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 League Picks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 League Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Exactly. There are plenty of chances in this forum to bash the Cowboys' fan. Bashing for the sake of bashing gets old and people can take that to other forums if they want.
Want some cheese with that whine?
Or are you too busy playing kissy kissy with the Dallas fans.

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 09-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
calia
Playmaker

Speaking on behalf of Italians with mafia connections everywhere (just kidding), he's doing a disservice to "The Don" moniker. Also, no way that Brando was a Cowboys fan.

Actually, in all seriousness, I have no issue with this. But boy, please don't start picking the Redskins to win as your pick of the week.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

What happened to the good old fun of poking fun at dallas fans and them doing the same. We are not attacking personally just joking on his picks and how he seems to show up after a dallas win and disapears after a loss.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I see your performance from Week 2 is carrying into Week 3.

We expected this.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't get why people lambast this guy. He consistently puts out his picks, and does reasonable research. I get he's a dallas fan, but he loves football (i gather) like we do, and sparks discussion on some games. Just sayin' if you don't want to read it, don't open the thread. Not really a hard concept.
He shows up every week with his mafia picture and posts a book with a ton of picks. He's usually wrong on most of them and doesn't post again until the next time to make another thread to draw attention to himself.

When we play Dallas, he and the other Cowpatty fans show up and talk all kinds of trash leading up to the game and disappear for weeks after we whip their butts, which we've managed to do many times no matter how bad our team has been.

Also, he's a Dallas fan on a Redskin board. If you don't feel the urge to bash him, I have to question your love for the team. It's just natural. If I were stupid enough to show up on Jerrah's forum with a Redskins avatar, I'd expect to be treated like garbage from their fans. We're a LOT more respectful than they are...we still treat him better than we'd be treated if we went to his board.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I do go to a Cowboys board, and some posters attack like a pavlovian dog, but others who enjoy the game and actual discourse interact, and have good fun banter. I don't put anyone on ignore, so I see all the pavlovian frenzies and weed them out. I get when Sandtrap or Valleyranchgirl do their show/no show routines, but this particular weekly thread isn't really about a cowboys fan hyping his team, but instead a football fan laying down thought out predictions on every game. The fact he gets them wrong, I understand that banter, it's the "why are you posting here" "yo dallas dumb" type ones that I find simple nonsense.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
He shows up every week with his mafia picture and posts a book with a ton of picks. He's usually wrong on most of them and doesn't post again until the next time to make another thread to draw attention to himself.

When we play Dallas, he and the other Cowpatty fans show up and talk all kinds of trash leading up to the game and disappear for weeks after we whip their butts, which we've managed to do many times no matter how bad our team has been.

Also, he's a Dallas fan on a Redskin board. If you don't feel the urge to bash him, I have to question your love for the team. It's just natural. If I were stupid enough to show up on Jerrah's forum with a Redskins avatar, I'd expect to be treated like garbage from their fans. We're a LOT more respectful than they are...we still treat him better than we'd be treated if we went to his board.
That's a stone cold fact right there!!!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Link?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #24
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I do go to a Cowboys board, and some posters attack like a pavlovian dog, but others who enjoy the game and actual discourse interact, and have good fun banter. I don't put anyone on ignore, so I see all the pavlovian frenzies and weed them out. I get when Sandtrap or Valleyranchgirl do their show/no show routines, but this particular weekly thread isn't really about a cowboys fan hyping his team, but instead a football fan laying down thought out predictions on every game. The fact he gets them wrong, I understand that banter, it's the "why are you posting here" "yo dallas dumb" type ones that I find simple nonsense.
I'm with you. It's one thing to come in trash talking, and D'Boyz typically does during Dallas week, but otherwise he posts his picks, sometimes explains why he picked the way he did and disappears for the remainder week. I don't really see what's so wrong with that or how that's deserving of ridicule, save for Dallas week.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
Mechanix544
The Starter

The point is, its a frikkin dallas fan that is posting on a redskins fan website. He wants to come here an post his crystal ball, pie in the sky picks, fine. I read them, some I agree with, some I dont.

But please, quit with all the taking up for this moron (dallas fan). He is smart enough to know that every week he posts here, the arch rivals fans are going to give him shit. I doubt he takes it personally, and its rather funny watching redskins fans scold other redskins fans for giving this guy shit. He is asking for it, so just shut up, geez.

He enters at his own discretion. He knows he's gonna get shit, so enough with the feaux standing up to the internet bullys, acting like a B Western COWBOY living by some internet cowboy code to always do the right thing. Laughable.

PS - This is why our rivalry sucks now. Not NEARLY enough poking in the ribs. I actually think he likes responding to the shit he gets here. He has had some pretty good responses, like when he picked the upset of the week a couple years back, and picked the Lions (who btw hadn't won a game in like 21 straight weeks, to upset us.) I would think he would consider us doing him a disservice by not hating on him and his team.

Last edited by Mechanix544; 09-22-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

You guys still going on about this guy? He's not harming anybody, and it's fun to watch his picks flop like they did last week. It's entertainment to me, and I certainly don't mind it. At least he's detailed and gives reasoning behind his picks, whether they end up correct or not.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #27
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Some people take this rivalry like life and death. I understand the rivalry, my best friends are dallas fans and trust me, major shit talking goes on.

It's one thing to have a rivalry. Its another to be a d*ck.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 AM   #28
53Fan
Franchise Player

He's a Cowgirl fan posting on a Redskins board. Bash away.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
CapitalDefense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
He's a Cowgirl fan posting on a Redskins board. Bash away.
This, and he has his own weekly thread on picking games? I am going to start my own thread next week picking the games ATS and see how long it stays up. If it makes it past 5 minutes I will be surprised.
CapitalDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
This, and he has his own weekly thread on picking games? I am going to start my own thread next week picking the games ATS and see how long it stays up. If it makes it past 5 minutes I will be surprised.
Go ahead and match up against his picks if you want.

No need for everyone to create their own pick threads though.

D'Boyz has been doing this for years and has always been respectful about it. More than we can say for the reactions he gets that's for sure.