Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Bruce Allen - The team is worse with you then it was with Vinny. Can't believe I'm going to say this but we need to bring back Vinny ASAP. Bruce Allen has never won a game since he was named the Redskins GM. Vinny on the other hand won 12 since 2008, and that doesn't include preseason games. Face it guys, Vinny was the best thing that ever happened to this team.

Good one Dirt.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, they're the third best team in the division right now in terms of wins.

ESPN just ran a stat: Redskins are 15-32 against the NFC East since 2002. That's a pretty big gap if you ask me.

We aren't anywhere close to threatening this division.
Well, right, we have to be better than the Giants, and the other teams. My point was that the talent between us and the Giants appears to be comparable, but they always go into the game knowing exactly how we plan to attack them. And it allows them to cover for such awful coverage deficiencies by taking our passing game out early and making our receivers quit.

No matter how badly they've beaten us, we've never changed our approach against them. Seems like the gap would be quite easy to close if our coaches weren't so arrogant. Blache has so much respect for the Eagles: he tries new stuff every time he plays them. He consistently schemes the Cowboys hard every game. Against Eli, he takes the week off and uses the same tired blitz packages, to which the Giants now have simple screen plays designed to take the yards we hand them without any risk.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm letting Zorn off here, his protection schemes, generally very sound, always get broken down to dust by the Giants. Quinton Ganther was our STARTING RUNNINGBACK this week, and had no idea who he was supposed to block ever. Ran just as hard as he normally does, but he wasn't seeing the field at all. Rabach was playing his own damn game out there, on a field where the Redskins can cover for his mental errors.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Bruce Allen - The team is worse with you then it was with Vinny. Can't believe I'm going to say this but we need to bring back Vinny ASAP. Bruce Allen has never won a game since he was named the Redskins GM. Vinny on the other hand won 12 since 2008, and that doesn't include preseason games. Face it guys, Vinny was the best thing that ever happened to this team.
Vinny is that you?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

The Refs: I know we're a basement team and deserve no respect, but come the fuck on. Terrible officiating. Tons of holding non-calls, Campbell getting hit 5-10 seconds after releasing the ball, and flagging Haynesworth while Hall is being pummeled into the ground (I'm sure SFREDSKINS loved that) by Jacobs and another Giant. WTF?! I know we didn't lose this because of this, but shit.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Refs: I know we're a basement team and deserve no respect, but come the fuck on. Terrible officiating. Tons of holding non-calls, Campbell getting hit 5-10 seconds after releasing the ball, and flagging Haynesworth while Hall is being pummeled into the ground (I'm sure SFREDSKINS loved that) by Jacobs and another Giant. WTF?! I know we didn't lose this because of this, but shit.
Yeah, it hardly seems worth mentioning after getting shellacked like this, but the referees clearly had it out for the Skins tonight.

The Monday Night crew was incredulous that there wasn't a flag thrown on Jacobs.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
wilsowilso

Bring back Vinny!
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #22
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

The Redskins defense - - that one that is so highly ranked in the league and the one that has all those "stars" on it - - came out and allowed a 10 minute drive for the length of the field on the first possession. The Giants ran the same running play - - off tackle left - - whenever they needed yards and they got it. Not to worry, that defensive unit came out on the second Giants' possession and gave up another TD. Then they folded their tents and surrendered another one in the first half.

That defense that had played so hard and showed such fire when their "stars" [Haynesworth and Hall] were out got their "stars" back tonight and the defense stunk! How do you add two "stars" to your lineup and get significantly worse? Answer: Those "stars" are vastly over-rated.

The last home game where the defenders were so dominated was in World War II and the "team" was the French Army.

Remember, the Giants were playing most of the game without two of their five OL starters. Seems to me as if their "subs" were good enough to handle the Skins' "stars".

Can we also please put to rest any idea that there is more than one offensive lineman on the roster who is an adequate NFL offensive lineman. Derrick Dockery is OK; I doubt he could start for any other team in the NFC East, but he belongs on an OL in the NFL. Everyone else is simply insufficient. Heyer, Robinson, Batiste, Jones, Montgomery, Williams make for good cannon fodder in training camp. If more than two of them are back next year, the Skins have to pray there are zero OL injuries for the entire season.

Memo to Santana Moss: Don't ever "spin the ball" when you make a first down and the score is 24-0 against you. It makes you and your whole team look like a herd of donkeys.

Memo to DeAngelo Hall: If you aren't going to tackle anyone, how about providing some tight pass coverage on 90% of the pass plays?

Oh, BTW, not that it mattered tonight, but the Skins' new kicker didn't exactly cover himself in glory tonight either.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #23
KLHJ2
Inactive

You know, I was diappointed all around with the play of this team. For the first time though I actually watched the Comcast Post game show. In my mind Fred Davis seems to be a true professional. He came out and talked candidly and respectfully about the performance of the team this evening and throughout the whole interview I could not help but think to myself that this guy is a true but honest professional. I can see the desire in his eyes and I believe that he is going to be a leader of this team for a long time.

Who I did not see tonight, not even on the sideline was one Clinton Portis or Chris Cooley. I feel as if these guys have already packed their bags. That hurts because I really liked Cooley. I see a big turnaround comming, I just don't know if it is good or not.

As far as the defense is concerned, they did not play up to their capabilites at all from the first snap to the last. This really disturbed me because even in the wake of a possible roster blow up I felt that the one unit that should play their hearts out and have nothing to fear it should be the defense. Tonight they were uninspired though, and they even managed to play worse with AH and DH in the lineup. Yes, I do realize that AH had a sack and 5 tackles.

I cannot believe that the coaching staff was crazy enough to try for that 4th down conversion when we needed points. It didn't matter that Gano had a hurt foot or not we needed to try. The missed extra point was essentially blocked. To sign a new kicker and not use him was mind boggling. It is almost as if they decided that they were going to win the game big or not at all. After the first drive "not at all" was definately their choice.

If Bruce Allen learns nothing else from this showdown, he needs to know that he has to build us to beat the NFC East, but in particular the Giants.

Here is to getting a more physical offensive line in 2010. Hail to the Redskins and good night!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #24
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
In my opinion, every player should be on the list except for Albert Haynesworth. I was opposed to signing Haynesworth and still think he's not worth the investment. That said, tonight he played well and I liked the fire he showed. I usually blast players for drawing flags, but I make a special exception for players who draw flags while defending teammates. Haynesworth has been flagged twice for defending Hall. He's got that nasty attitude and shows loyalty to his teammates. I love it.
I couldn't agree with this more. We need more players with this attitude. Someone said it best, "We need more thugs on this team."
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 AM   #25
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I couldn't agree with this more. We need more players with this attitude. Someone said it best, "We need more thugs on this team."

Hey, it worked for the Hurricanes when they needed a turnaround to save their program.. History repeats???
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #26
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
And that's really all there is to say. Our defense shit the bed in absolutely epic fashion, and our O-line is despicable. I'll defer to GTripp on this one, but eff Casey Rabach on his inability to call out protections. I saw more guys come free up the middle than I have since Patrick Ramsey was pitching it around the ball yard.
Yeah, it's really obvious at this point. I know Bugel loves Rabach more than he loves winning, but I mean, someone has to be considering starting Edwin Williams at C next week. It's a short week, but someone on the offensive coaching staff still has a pulse...right?
Old 12-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #27
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I think the one real knock on Jason Campbell at this point is that if you hit him hard enough, consistently enough, he gets very wild, starts perceiving pressure, and doesn't get through his progressions. I would imagine this is true with most NFL QBs, but it's certainly true with him.

There's an easy solution here, that I think Bruce Allen is smart enough to figure out.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think the one real knock on Jason Campbell at this point is that if you hit him hard enough, consistently enough, he gets very wild, starts perceiving pressure, and doesn't get through his progressions. I would imagine this is true with most NFL QBs, but it's certainly true with him.

There's an easy solution here, that I think Bruce Allen is smart enough to figure out.
I just hope that he realizes that no QB could win under these circumstances and that building an offensive line is the priority.
R.I.P. #21
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #29
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Agreed.. full on tackles well after the ball release too.. not just running into him

was there even offensive holding called on the giants ONCE? I can't recall one

the guy that ran up and knocked hall over (wtf.. small ass hall vs jacobs and you come to help jacobs?) should've drawn a flag.. jacobs for swinging twice should have earned a flag.. I'd say an ejection but sometimes these guys have to let a lil extra steam off and I'm glad that this year they're not ejecting everyone for scuffles.. for example moss and was it webster? week 1... they squashed the beef shortly thereafter

it didn't lose us the game like you said, but damn it's like the refs and us were battling to see who could perform worse
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:38 AM   #30
warpaint
The Starter

Man I feel asleep somewhere in the 2nd qtr. due to some painpills Im taking because of dislocated shoulder/rotator cuff injury. Well from what Ive read it was a bad night. I just seen some highlights..

What in the hell was that play on Special Teams where they shifted their players left and the giants called a T.O and they did it any way whos call was that?

Why did JC leave the game and come back? Was it due to the protection? Was he benched for bad play?

Where the Refs really that bad? I caught a little of the AH scuffle ESPN said You can tell who has a fire in them and who doesnt on our team, but looks as if their should of been a flag on N.Y.

The only thing good about N.Y. winning is this puts more pressure on Dallas to win out. Hopefully we make up on Sunday and put a nice beating on Dallas. Now since their the favorites to win the Super Bowl via Sat. win. Unlike SMOOTSMACK is glad everyone is on vacation and he wont hear as much smack. My entire Family will be hear Christmas and I wont be able to get away from the We are Americas Team nonsense. But with a win Im sure that will hush the herd.

Last edited by warpaint; 12-22-2009 at 03:14 AM.
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote