Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #16
firstdown
Living Legend

re: (Updated) Incognito Released by Rams; Signs with Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Too many anger management issues for an average interior lineman. Not worth it
Well we do need a player on both sides of the ball that will get mad a stomp on a cowboys face.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Eff him and his candy bars.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
saden1
MVP

LOOOL

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #19
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I guess my thought is he has played on one of the worst lines in the nfl over the last 5 years. I would be frustrated too. And i dont think he is that great, i just think he is better then what we are working with now.

So we want a guy who was dropped by the team with one of the worst lines over the last 5 years.....
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

I do NOT want this guy to be a Redskin, however, Steven Jackson IS 2nd in the NFL in rushing with 1,279 yards (on pace for a career-high 1,574 yds) and 4.5 ypc average.

Just saying... the Rams O-line can't be the WORST in NFL history or anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #21
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
I do NOT want this guy to be a Redskin, however, Steven Jackson IS 2nd in the NFL in rushing with 1,279 yards (on pace for a career-high 1,574 yds) and 4.5 ypc average.

Just saying... the Rams O-line can't be the WORST in NFL history or anything.

And he was just good enough to be dropped by them.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I couldnt think of anything clever to say using his name with regards to him being released. And i understand that this guy is an idiot at times and draws a lot of penelties, but he is a decent younger guard, on a team that has had a makeshift oline almost as bad as ours for the last 4-5 years. Or do we bet the farm on Mike Williams or Eddie Williams or Rinehart or someone else in the offseason?

NBC Sports - Pro Football Talk
If he can't make it there, I don't want him here. Besides...I believe he's been called an asshat on this board and I think that fits him perfectly.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
So we want a guy who was dropped by the team with one of the worst lines over the last 5 years.....
He was dropped because he got into it with Spaggs, and after getting numerous personal fouls.

My thought is that if rebuilding the oline is a top priority (as it should be), then here is a possible answer at right guard as long as we do indeed improve the other problems (legit tackles and a new center once Casey retires),If he continues to act like a retard then release him. If we can fix the other problems and our right guard problem either immediately or in the near future, even better release him then. But he could be a decent bridge.

Again i dont think he is a great guard, but he is better then what we have with Williams and considerably younger. If he acts like a retard then let him go, but at this point what do we have to loose. Whos spot should be guaranteed on the oline going into next year?

I dont think this should change any offseason plans, but could add to the battle for oline positions for next year.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #24
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
And he was just good enough to be dropped by them.
d'angelo hall was dropped by the raiders, he didn't com w/o his flaws he turned it around and is a key player on d, i hope he is back this week

i mean it would be risky but why not see what he has for two or three games if he doesn't work hard, and keep his nose clean then ship him out after the season, i don't see a down side to that, besides maybe upsetting heyer who will hopefully be cut anyway

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Incognito is the kind of class act, high character player we want.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #26
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
d'angelo hall was dropped by the raiders, he didn't com w/o his flaws he turned it around and is a key player on d, i hope he is back this week

i mean it would be risky but why not see what he has for two or three games if he doesn't work hard, and keep his nose clean then ship him out after the season, i don't see a down side to that, besides maybe upsetting heyer who will hopefully be cut anyway
We are o.k. at guard for the moment. I kind of like the team's current vibe. No reason to bring in a guy who started a couple fights in '08 and was dumb enough to back his kicker up 15 on the game winning kick.

As far as Deangelo. I am starting to wonder if he is becoming a problem in the locker room. Lavar was doing all he could to get Campbell to admit that there is someone on the defense who isn't "on board".
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #27
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
We are o.k. at guard for the moment. I kind of like the team's current vibe. No reason to bring in a guy who started a couple fights in '08 and was dumb enough to back his kicker up 15 on the game winning kick.

As far as Deangelo. I am starting to wonder if he is becoming a problem in the locker room. Lavar was doing all he could to get Campbell to admit that there is someone on the defense who isn't "on board".
yeah caught that too, you think it was towards hall, i thought it was more towards hanyesworth, because he always says(lavar) that he would have gone to blows with them(ah) and he might have lost but he would have gone to blows

and it's not like our d was really missing anything last year at the db position we were doing good but hall gaves us that extra we needed

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #28
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Id say take a chance with it in his contract.. you mess up once, see ya later. He is a good strong player but he lets his emotions get the best of him... really who could blame him, they are 1-12.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
#56fanatic
The Starter

I think we should still with Reinhold(SP). When he played he played pretty well. Plus he is young and we need to develop our young talent. He was a 3rd round pick and should be a solid player if we let him play. Like I said, I thought he played pretty good those couple of games.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #30
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
yeah caught that too, you think it was towards hall, i thought it was more towards hanyesworth, because he always says(lavar) that he would have gone to blows with them(ah) and he might have lost but he would have gone to blows

and it's not like our d was really missing anything last year at the db position we were doing good but hall gaves us that extra we needed

I picked Hall because it seems that he has been pretty vocal after games and I could see his comments ticking off some guys since he really hasn't been here too long and he had some horrific tackling attempts in some big spots.

You could be right about Al, though. I know he rolls on the turf once a game but it seemed to me that he is giving all out effort when he is out there.