Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Roster Confidence Levels

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins Roster Confidence Levels

Qbs= C+ like everyone is saying its make or break time for jason...and although i am probably one of the few on here that doesnt have confidence in collins i like colt as a 3rd tringer
Rbs= A- myonly concern is that are any of these guys home run hitters anymore?
wrs= C- Not really whati was hoping for out of the rookies this preseason and i am just waiting for moss or randle el to turn up lame
OL= B+ very solid, good mix of veterans and youth.
DL= B+ jason Taylor and andre...nuff said
LB= B Fletch and marcus are probaby two of my absolute favorite players on this team...i love seein "the strut" But i still am waiting for rocky to dominate or be energized...poor us spoiled by lavar.
Cbs- B+allthough we have concerns when we get to the bottom f our roster..our top 3 cbs are elite.
S- C+ the whole grade here, im really nervous about that SS spot right now tho...
ST= ummmm brooks rocks, the red snapper is back and im confident in suisham. sooo B

MY biggest concerns are wr health, special teams coverage and blocking, and the play of the safteys..
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

ohh and tes= A+ captain chaos all the way
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Awesome fucking thread. (Do me a solid on dropping the f bomb this one time mods, I just watched two straight hours of Entourage).

QB: Campbell, Collins, Brennan. D+. JC looks closer to a rook right now than a 3 year vet. I don't know what the headline should be, but I know I'm worried. The way JC goes so goes the offense and Thurs is reality day...

Backs: Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Sellers. A+. Couldn't honestly ask for more talent in the backfield. If Zorn will mix up the run game beyond what we saw under Gibbs the rushing attack could carry the offense until the air attack comes around. Of course a lot depends on the o-line here.

WR: Moss, Randle El, Thrash, Thomas, Kelly. D. Yeah I'm serious. This is the same posse from last year for all practical purposes. If JC was looking more accurate, particularly in those quick shot medium and short passes, I could raise this to a solid C. For know, our WR corp doesn't look to pop the TD cherry till late in the season (again).

TE: Cooley, Davis, Yoder. A-. These guys are the passing option for the next several games. I'm talking big targets w/ arguably better hands than our WRs. Again, we'll see just how creative coach Z will get, but if he will move Davis and Cooley around enough to give the opposing d different looks we should see some early fireworks in the air attack.

OL: Samuels, Kendall, Rabach, Thomas, Heyer, Jansen, Fabini, Rinehart, Geisinger. C. This group has to prove itself all over.

DL: Carter, Griffin, Golston, Taylor, Montgomery, Evans, James, Jackson, Alexander, Wilson. B- to A. A lot obviously depends on whether JT came to DC to play football, but I could argue just as much depends whether our DT rotation can make a difference in a regular season game. So far I'm disappointed Montgomery doesn't look set to have a break-out year... hey maybe Grilliams was wrong about the kid.

LB: Washington, Fletcher, McIntosh, Blades, Campbell, Fincher. B+. I feel better about this unit than before preseason. Marcus looks set to fly and we have legit depth now. Personally, I'm excited about Fincher because the guy reminds me a little of Marcus' from his energy and motor.

CB: Springs, Smoot, Rogers, Torrence, Tryon. B, this group consistently overachieves IMO and this year we actually have legit depth in Torrence, who looks to be developing nicely.

S: Landry, Doughty, Horton, Hamilton, Moore. C-. Landry's health still a question and Doughty can't seem to read the play.

ST: Suisham, Brooks, Albright. B, whatever.

Zorn: I believe we can have an 11-5 or a 5-11 season largely based on what Zorn can accomplish. Sure the air attack looks sketchy right now, but w/ so much talent in the backfield and among the TEs a creative playbook could easily compensate and even prove effective for a good early run. On the other hand, if we get stubborn and try to force JC to connect w/ the WR corp right away in the WC scheme things will probably get ugly before they get pretty.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #19
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Am I the only nerd that though of statistics when they saw the title of the thread?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 AM   #20
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Am I the only nerd that though of statistics when they saw the title of the thread?
Yes and No...Yes b/c ur the only one that noticed, but No b/c I knew what you were talking about right away.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #21
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

QB: Campbell, Collins, Brennan. B- JC isn't a horrible QB. He may not play like Brady, but I feel he can get the job done. He put up better numbers then E. Manning. Collins is a great backup. Brennan will be a good QB someday.

Backs: Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Sellers. A.

WR: Moss, Randle El, Thrash, Thomas, Kelly. D This is the part that worries me the most.

TE: Cooley, Davis, Yoder. A. Cooley is a monster. I think Davis will be too.

OL: Samuels, Kendall, Rabach, Thomas, Heyer, Jansen, Fabini, Rinehart, Geisinger.
I would have given them a B+, but because of the Carolina game they get a B-.
DL: Carter, Griffin, Golston, Taylor, Montgomery, Evans, James, Jackson, Alexander, Wilson. A-.

LB: Washington, Fletcher, McIntosh, Blades, Campbell, Fincher. B+.
CB: Springs, Smoot, Rogers, Torrence, Tryon. B-. because Rogers is coming off an injury.

S: Landry, Doughty, Horton, Hamilton, Moore. B-. Landry is the only one in the group that I feel comfortable with. I think Moore will eventually become a good safety.
ST: Suisham, Brooks, Albright. B+.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #22
KLHJ2
Inactive

QB's = C: Campbell is not consistent, Collis hasn't ran the WCO since EQ was in diapers, and Colt is a Rookie

RB'S = B: Portis is the main threat and he may get 1,000 yards and some TD's, but who in the hell is scared of 3 point something yards per carry? Ladell Betts had that real good season in relief, but he really doesn't keep any Defense awake at night (solid backup, nothing more). Rock Cartwright is a good guy, and a good special teamer, but he is not that involved in the offense.

WR's = D: Show me the money! I am not doubting the talent, but I need some production. Note: If the QB grade was better then this one would be too.

TE's = A: Cooley is a Pro Bowler, Yoder is a solid vet backup, and Davis is the only positive early round offensive draft pick thus far.

OL = B+ run blocking, C+ pass blocking, Overall B (Grade went up when Jansen was benched)

DL = B+: As long as Jason Taylor pans out. This inside DT's Montgomery and Golston are still suspect at times. We know that we are going to get solid play from Griffin and Carter. If EJ can come around and the young DT's improve, then the age of the starters in this group wouldn't scare me as much.

LB's = C+: Mcintosh is comming off of injury, Fletcher is a beast but getting old, Washington has been hampered with injuries the past couple of years. When they are all healthy this is easily an A unit, but realistically we are going to see some Fincher, Campbell, and possibly Blades this year. At least the backups have some promise.

DB's = C+: Springs is the best CB that we have and has easily lost a step, Rogers can defend passes with the best of them but cant hold onto them (and that was when he was healthy). Smoot is Harvey 2 face, He will make a couple of good plays and then fold on potential great plays. Laron Landry can be a beast if he can pick up where he left off last season. Reed Doughty is solid against the run and suspect against the pass, but he did have a pick last week.

ST's = C-: Suisham is average at best. Brooks is a rookie who has to learn how to hold. At least the Red Snapper will not give them any bad snapps.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote