Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Mason to Ravens

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
carolinakat
Camp Scrub

Re: Mason to Ravens

This kid looked good, hate to see him go.

The greatest Hands Ever- Art Monk

The Hogs- Enuff Said

Dave Butz- Retired Helmet

Alvin Walton- Can you Say Ouch?

Darrell Green- Ageless, He could still play if he wanted
carolinakat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #17
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I'm happy that he got to stay local. I still can't believe that we cut Mason and McMullen, yet held onto Tryon, who showed only a penchant for getting beaten deep.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #18
SBXVII
Franchise Player

[QUOTE][he couldn't get 3rd/4th and 1, he couldn't return well, couldn't pass protect, and wasn't anything special as far as coverage teams. It's no surprise we kept cartwright over him, and there's no use keeping a 4th RB if he's worthless on special teams./QUOTE]

Yes I'm a Mason Bandwagoner....so help me with what Rock does? He can't pass block either, couldn't get a 3rd/4th and 1, and is worthless at RB. He does more running around the back field then running up field. Hell he got caught more in the back field during preseason then Mason. He had one good run. About the only thing he can do is run kick offs. WOW. He's a special teamer. One position. We should have let him go also. Betts can do his job as well as back up RB.

Hell, Betts is one dementional. He is back up RB. If this team was so concerned about getting younger they would have kept Mason and got rid of Rock. I guess when your job has only been to be a kick returner for what close to 10 yrs then I guess you better be good at the one thing your supposed to do. I certainly hope nothing happens to Portis this yr cause if we have to depend on Rock as back up we will start seeing the Texas two step behind the line and the fumbles he's known for when he was given the chance to fill in.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #19
4thGenRedskin21

plus, he was a cowboys fan, it would've never worked..

On a more serious note, yes the kid would have been a nice gem if we NEEDE a RB, but we don't, and like someone else said, we have had plenty of them 3rd stringer/3nd stringer RB's through here its not even a big deal. OUr RB's are reallllll good, no need to change anything.
4thGenRedskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #20
4thGenRedskin21

I wish we would have kept mcmullen, now he's never going ot ply football ever again and I hate to hear that. I think he deserved a spot.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
I wish we would have kept mcmullen, now he's never going ot ply football ever again and I hate to hear that. I think he deserved a spot.
Why is he never going to play again?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #22
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Sorry. I accidently must have sent it on the board prior to finishing. LOL. then tried to rewrite it. Again sorry.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
4thGenRedskin21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why is he never going to play again?
Sorry for the typos, but I remember reading something on him saying this was his last crack at trying to play football. I heard one of the announcers say something about it as well
Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #24
SBXVII
Franchise Player

McMullen has some good video during his stay with us so he might make a practice squad somewhere.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #25
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRedskin21 View Post
Sorry for the typos, but I remember reading something on him saying this was his last crack at trying to play football. I heard one of the announcers say something about it as well
That doesn't mean jack shit! I will be very surprised if he doesn't land with another team, even if it happens to be on the squad, for starters.

Just because 'some' reporter/announcer states his/her opinion it is his last chance means something to you?

You can't believe have the shit you read or hear to begin with. It like the weather man he's right how often? 50/50...? on a good week
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
McMullen has some good video during his stay with us so he might make a practice squad somewhere.
Mcmullen has been in the league too long to be placed on the practice squad.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #27
That Guy
Living Legend

[quote=SBXVII;469955]
Quote:
[he couldn't get 3rd/4th and 1, he couldn't return well, couldn't pass protect, and wasn't anything special as far as coverage teams. It's no surprise we kept cartwright over him, and there's no use keeping a 4th RB if he's worthless on special teams./QUOTE]

Yes I'm a Mason Bandwagoner....so help me with what Rock does? He can't pass block either, couldn't get a 3rd/4th and 1, and is worthless at RB. He does more running around the back field then running up field. Hell he got caught more in the back field during preseason then Mason. He had one good run. About the only thing he can do is run kick offs. WOW. He's a special teamer. One position. We should have let him go also. Betts can do his job as well as back up RB.

Hell, Betts is one dementional. He is back up RB. If this team was so concerned about getting younger they would have kept Mason and got rid of Rock. I guess when your job has only been to be a kick returner for what close to 10 yrs then I guess you better be good at the one thing your supposed to do. I certainly hope nothing happens to Portis this yr cause if we have to depend on Rock as back up we will start seeing the Texas two step behind the line and the fumbles he's known for when he was given the chance to fill in.
you either don't remember rock playing, are WAY over exaggerating mason's talent level, or are smoking something.

last time rock really played RB (2005) he had 200 yards, 2 TDs, and a 7.4 ypc average... damn that's bad :P

last time betts played RB he had a 1,000 yard season.

i can't wait to toss those two for someone who can't even break an NFL roster and has shown nothing worth mentioning against NFL starters.

seriously, this is the preseason mccullough is a pro-bowler, lumsden is going to have 1,000 yards, look look! the coach talked good about him thing all over again.

where'd all the anthony mix hype go? that's what i thought. call me when he has a 100 yard game. until then there's absolutely no basis to say he's better than the guys we got.

btw, rock had a 7.9ypc average this preseason with 6 catches and 0 fumbles (compared to mason's 4.8ypc and 1 fumble lost), so wtf were you watching?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

[quote=That Guy;469992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

you either don't remember rock playing, are WAY over exaggerating mason's talent level, or are smoking something.

last time rock really played RB (2005) he had 200 yards, 2 TDs, and a 7.4 ypc average... damn that's bad :P

last time betts played RB he had a 1,000 yard season.

i can't wait to toss those two for someone who can't even break an NFL roster and has shown nothing worth mentioning against NFL starters.

seriously, this is the preseason mccullough is a pro-bowler, lumsden is going to have 1,000 yards, look look! the coach talked good about him thing all over again.

where'd all the anthony mix hype go? that's what i thought. call me when he has a 100 yard game. until then there's absolutely no basis to say he's better than the guys we got.

btw, rock had a 7.9ypc average this preseason with 6 catches and 0 fumbles (compared to mason's 4.8ypc and 1 fumble lost), so wtf were you watching?
Cartwright just got named one of the team captains (for special teams). This may or may not mean a thing, but to me it seems that the team has made a commitment to him this season.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #29
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Do me a favour and take out the 79yrd run he had and then review the numbers. He only had one great run the whole preseason. I'll admit he's one of the best kick returners.

Perhaps I smoked something through all the yrs, even though I can't remember what it was, LOL, but I remember a lot of people talking about and seeing how Rock likes to run East/West behind the line and lose yardage. Betts will put the ball on the ground atleast once at the most inopportune time possibly causing us the game. Portis has been the only shinning light. Why do you think none of our coach's seemed to make either the featured back? Oh coach's raved about both then got let down during game situations. Look we had Allen yrs ago. Then had to pick up Portis.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #30
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Here's Rocks stats. If I remember correctly he gets the ball and again dances in the back field...makes one good run....fumbles....and is taken out of the game as a RB. 2003 was his best yr and I can't remember why? I believe that was a Spurrier yr who raved about Rock. LOL.

Career Stats more
Season Team Rushing Receiving Fumbles
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2007 Washington Redskins 15 0 2 0 0.0 1 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2006 Washington Redskins 16 0 5 15 3.0 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1
2005 Washington Redskins 16 0 27 199 7.4 52 2 2 23 11.5 17 0 1 1
2004 Washington Redskins 13 0 2 0 0.0 2 0 0 0 -- 0 0 -- --
2003 Washington Redskins 15 3 107 411 3.8 22 4 18 176 9.8 40 0 2 2
2002 Washington Redskins 16 0 3 22 7.3 20 0 11 121 11.0 22 1 1 0
TOTAL 146 647 4.4 52 6 31 320 10.3 40 1 5 4