Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Concerned about Landry's hamstring?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Concerned about Landry's hamstring?

The Redskins say that he could play if it was regular season. I am concerned though because he is missing tons of camp and on field play.

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah but if you listen to what Landry's been saying, he definitely wants to be playing and he feels that he needs 4 quarters of play to really feel comfortable before the season starts. It's looking pretty doubtful that he will get that. I don't think he's saving himself as much as he simply is not ready to go right now.
Well if he does not play in the preseason this year and he stated he needed 4 quarters of play to feel real comfortable does that mean they will wait until next presaeson to let him play?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think that he is just saving himself for the regular season.
I sure hope that is the case. As someone stated earlier, we need Springs in at corner at LEAST until Rogers is 100%, or Tryon is at least broken in to the NFL game. I still think our Defense would only be operating at 75% of its capability without Laron in the backfield. Hopefully the team is erring on the side of caution and not hiding a greater injury than they are letting on to.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #19
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Damn worried about LL. I hope this is more cautionary than necessary, for instance the coaches/trainers could be holding him out longer than necessary simply because he is so critical to the d and they want least possible risk of re-injury or longterm injury. It probably also says something about Laron's talent level (off the charts) that the decision makers don't feel he needs tons of reps during pre-season to be ready for Sept.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #20
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I am definately worried about it, though I don't really think it will be a lingering thing. At very least, this is an abnormal case of a strained hamstring. At worst, it might not be a strained hammy at all.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
By all accounts, Rogers is pretty much healed, but I definitely agree with the sentiment. Until we can be confident that Rogers can cover WRs extremely effectively, we need to keep Springs right where he is.

Rogers needs to show he's completely back in real game situations before I'd consider moving Springs to safety.

I'd rather have inexperience at safety in the form of Horton or Moore than inexperience at CB in the form of Tryon, Torrence, Richardson, or Westbrook.
I was just wondering how weird it is that we are two weeks from opening night, and we are more worried about Landry's hammy than Rogers surgically repaired knee. Yet, here we are.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well if he does not play in the preseason this year and he stated he needed 4 quarters of play to feel real comfortable does that mean they will wait until next presaeson to let him play?
say wha?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #23
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I really don't want Laron to be out as I feel his presence is essential to our teams abilty to defend against the deep ball. However in looking around the league with Kevin Curtis, Chad Johnson, and many others getting injured I no longer feel that we're the only one thats going to be dealing with major injuries. In fact I'd be surprised and awe struck at any team we face that is fielding their 22 best players with no one listed as probable, questionable, or doubtful). Again I know others have said this but in looking around the league I can really see how true it is

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I guess the "I'm faster than you" race against Portis won't be happening anytime soon. That's probably when he injured himself, at that time of year conditioning is minimal and they pushed hard. That won't be happening again!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #25
Hog's Breath
Special Teams

If he doesn't play against Carolina, I'm pessimistic about him playing in the opener. Springs playing at safety last week was a pretty good indicator that Laron might not be ready week one.

3 of our first 4 games are against opponents with legitimate deep threats. Hopefully the pass rush this year is going to be as good as we think it can be, especially with a rook potentially at FS.
Hog's Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #26
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Breath View Post
If he doesn't play against Carolina, I'm pessimistic about him playing in the opener. Springs playing at safety last week was a pretty good indicator that Laron might not be ready week one.

3 of our first 4 games are against opponents with legitimate deep threats. Hopefully the pass rush this year is going to be as good as we think it can be, especially with a rook potentially at FS.
The thing that worries me about that is with Tryons less then stellar play the move of Springs to FS would have the team give Rogers more playing time early in the year which I would like to avoid at all costs. I don't care that Rogers says he feels good, look sit out till you feel good then wait some more.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #27
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
By all accounts, Rogers is pretty much healed, but I definitely agree with the sentiment. Until we can be confident that Rogers can cover WRs extremely effectively, we need to keep Springs right where he is.

Rogers needs to show he's completely back in real game situations before I'd consider moving Springs to safety.

I'd rather have inexperience at safety in the form of Horton or Moore than inexperience at CB in the form of Tryon, Torrence, Richardson, or Westbrook.
I hope Rogers is completely healed. We shall see how his knee holds up through an entire half of full pads, full contact play this weekend.

I'm pretty concerned about Laron. I'm sure they're taking every possible precaution, but I honestly don't think he could go if we needed him to. Not at his normal level anyway. Carlos is back over a month early because he's ready and showed it. He's a very important player, yet there isn't any "precautionary" stuff going on with him. IMO if Laron could go, he'd be out there.

With Sean gone and Laron hurt, suddenly we're looking at Doughty, Moore, Horton, and who else at safety? Not good. So roll Springs over to play safety, and then we have Rogers with his largely untested surgically repaired knee and a fairly injury prone Smoot starting for a thin CB position.

Basically what I'm saying is secondary health is crucial this season. Also, Jason Taylor and Andre Carter's health and effectiveness can go a long way towards helping the DBs.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
Oldskin
Camp Scrub

The big problem with hamstring injuries are the small, little irritations and re-injuries that usually occur if you try to come back or push it too fast. Full healing can take months, not weeks in some cases. I think the best strategy is to have Landry continue to workout in a controlled environment and avoid the unexpected that can happen in a game. As Clinton found out, even the "first series" of a game can cause problems. I don't think Landry is going to forget how to play football if he doesn't play a few series on D in the preseason. I'll bet he has a great game against the
Giants. Have faith...I think the Skins are doing the right thing.
Oldskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #29
J. Spanky
Special Teams

i think the team is just being overly cautious b/c we can't afford to have him re-aggravate it and miss regular season time.

i find it hard to believe that they would, so abruptly, cut schweigert, and not bring in any other vets, if they were really that concerned about landry's recovery.

having said that, i am a little concerned about his ability to hit the ground running once he does return. with the opening game, prime time, against the giants, in new york, i really want us to start the season with a statement.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #30
RMSkins
The Starter

I am definitely concerned about LaRon's hammy, and I am starting to think that he may miss the opener. With that being said I have a ton of faith in Kareem Moore to fill in at FS until LaRon gets his hammy 100% healthy. Sure, Kareem is nowhere near the level that LaRon is at, but I think he's already capable enough to do a decent job back there at FS. I really think Kareem is going to turn out to be a steal.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote