FoxSports' take on Redskins QB corps

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: FoxSports' take on Redskins QB corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
This is the third year that Campbell and Collins have been #1 and #2. What is the difference?
1) the presence of Brunell, and 2) the relative value of Collins in the single back system to the west coast.

Advertisements
Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
Nflnick11
Special Teams

Can someone explain to me why the panthers are ranked that high, with jake delhomme who throws 6 Ints in one playoff game, matt Moore who hasn't won one NFL game (or maybe he won one) and mccown who is an average backup at best ...and same with Houston, when was the last time matt schaub played a full season, and Rex grossman and dan orlovsky(let's run out the back of the endzone) I feel like our QBs are better than that or at least most of the teams ranked behind them are colts pats etc.
Nflnick11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
GusFrerotte

I don't think folks put much stock in JC or Brennan. JC has yet to turn the corner and Brennan couldn't play with the big boys while at the helm in Hawaii. Real easy to pad your stats with such lame ass competition. Hell the MAC conference is a lot tougher than Hawaii's conference.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #19
ethat001
Impact Rookie

I agree - our QB corps is a big question mark. In fact, I know I'll bring on the wrath here, but I really wished we got Cutler. Or any *franchise* QB. Hey -- if JC is our franchise QB, then I'd be the happiest guy in the world. This is the year for him to prove it.

BUT, drafting these QB's waste a half-decade. Because:
1) Draft QB -- waste a high draft pick (TWO for JC)
2) Wait TWO YEARS as QB holds the clipboard and flirts with the cheerleaders.
3) Wait another 2-3 years to see if he pans out.
4) 50% bust rate for QB's => we may have wasted 4-5yrs
5) Waste another high draft pick and start franchise over

Having a young franchise QB that sticks around for 15-20yrs saves your team decades of progress & numerous high draft picks. In fact, this may be one of the other reasons the teams with great QB's are so good. Those teams don't have to waste high draft picks on QB's again and again.

So I'm just hoping Campbell finally breaks out this year. Then we can use that draft pick next year on a stud O-line guy, a LB or even a RB. Otherwise we'll draft a new QB & have to wait another 4-5 years to "develop" him. (unless we get Matt Ryan)
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #20
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy is a true student of the game and to use a JG phrase, he's "super smart".

And for how hard he supposedly sucked in the preseason, his QB rating was better than JC's.
Sure, except the "author" is clearly basing his "analysis" on Collins knowing Saunders offensive system and leading the team to the playoffs two seasons ago. He might very well know Zorn's system inside and out, but I doubt this particular writer has any insight into that. Hard to believe people get paid for this stuff.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Sure, except the "author" is clearly basing his "analysis" on Collins knowing Saunders offensive system and leading the team to the playoffs two seasons ago. He might very well know Zorn's system inside and out, but I doubt this particular writer has any insight into that. Hard to believe people get paid for this stuff.
I was just getting ready to say the same thing and I bet the writer does not even realize that we no longer have Saunders of his system. Heck, the writer might not even know Collins played under Saunders system for so long and had just heard that statement a few years back. How would he even know if Collins knows the syatem because he only played in a few preseason games last year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote