Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

iPhone 4 revealed

Parking Lot

Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
saden1
MVP

Re: iPhone 4 revealed

meh, cosmetic changes...can't wait to see the iPhone go the way of the Razr.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

^^ Doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon
Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #18
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

can it multi-task yet?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

The new operating system for the current version of the iPhone will be able to multi-task in a month or two. The new iPhone will also be able to.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Yeah I guess I was drinking the haterade. I really just dont like the iphone.

But to each their own. If this new prototype is what it will be, they are moving in the right direction.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah I guess I was drinking the haterade. I really just dont like the iphone.

But to each their own. If this new prototype is what it will be, they are moving in the right direction.
Any particular reason you don't like it? Or are you just anti-Apple?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #22
mredskins
Gamebreaker

IMO the Droid kicks some serious iPhone butt.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
IMO the Droid kicks some serious iPhone butt.
I really like the Android operating system. I got one of the early releases, and will certainly stick with it as I upgrade
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #24
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

What mredskins said. iphone cant multitask, no keyboard, etc. To me those are huge factors. Plus all the ports for Droid are mini-usb. Not some unique port. Im all about integration.

Also I dont like having the same phone that everyone has. I dont think the quality is all that great. I dont like Apple's cult following. Not because I am jealous, just because many Apple fans blindly shell top dollar for the name. Sure some their products are cutting edge and innovative, but not all. The whole worshiping Steve Jobs, Mac t-shirts and bumper stickers is kinda annoying.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
yawn, OMG the new iphone..OMG.

But good thing they lost it. Screw Apple and all their fanboys. I hate the new Simpsons episodes but they had a hilarious one making fun of Apply and their blind-faith fans.
Seriously, I don't have a problem with Apple products as much as I do about the people who LOVE them. They make a fine product, that's really all I can say. I'd feel the same way about people if they acted like that over PCs as well. I mean it's RIDICULOUS. It's just a gadget.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

Honestly the anti-Apple folks are just as annoying and illogical as the fanboys. Hate the product if you think it stinks, I've got no problem with that, but hating the product because you hate the people is just a little silly to me.

Multi-tasking hasn't been an issue for me with the iPhone. I use a few apps, make some calls, and text. However the lack of multi-tasking is more annoying on the iPad I will freely admit. But they are addressing that in the next OS release. The lack of a keyboard was something easy to get used to IMO, but it's a personal thing so I understand.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Honestly the anti-Apple folks are just as annoying and illogical as the fanboys. Hate the product if you think it stinks, I've got no problem with that, but hating the product because you hate the people is just a little silly to me.

Multi-tasking hasn't been an issue for me with the iPhone. I use a few apps, make some calls, and text. However the lack of multi-tasking is more annoying on the iPad I will freely admit. But they are addressing that in the next OS release. The lack of a keyboard was something easy to get used to IMO, but it's a personal thing so I understand.
It's not so much that the product stinks.. it's just that Apple wants to have their turnover and eat it too with everything.

Want to hook something USB up to the iPad? No problem, after you buy our dongle that allows you to, etc.. They're already pulling enough money in from the item.. but I guess the dedicated following doesn't mind.

30 bucks to hook up your camera, 70 for a keyboard, 30 for a power adapter, etc..

The iPad that'll be released with a true OS that can harness the processing power will be much more worth the money, probably about a year out, and around the same price.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #28
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:

It's the fact that the people are just SO irrational about it. They refuse to listen to how other products are comparable or superior. Linux, Windows, etc. all have things that are better and worse than Apple products. In addition to that there are manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, etc. that I think make a far superior MP3/Media player.

It's just annoying that when we all first talked about the iPad, the website had some survey where some insane percentage of people would buy it no matter what it is. There are very few products that can claim that. For me it's the whole "cult" idea. A lot of things people throw that word around, but this truly is cult-ish.

That being said, I enjoy my iMac that sits in our office just as much as the PC right next to it.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:

Multi-tasking hasn't been an issue for me with the iPhone.

Multi tasking is gonna be available for the 3gs with 4.0, which should be out this summer.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #30
saden1
MVP

Quote:

I hate the user interface, the hardware restrictions (replacing batteries), the development API (Objective-C? what are we in, the 80's?), the Apple "premium" you have to pay and that god awful iTunes app.

I justly hate Apple products. Oh and Android is definitely going to crush them...PC vs Mac bloodbath all over again.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote