Bengals @ Redskins: Lets Break it Down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Bengals @ Redskins: Lets Break it Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Lots of run game with a smattering of RGIII to <insert_name_of_WR> and we win by 21 points. FED EX will be crazy on Sunday.
Leonard Hankerson

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Bengals 31

Redskins 23
Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Leonard Hankerson
Thanks for playing.

I am hoping Moss will go nuts, 3 TD's 100+ yards.

Actually, I insist he does.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #19
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

If the Redskins secondary can quiet down A.J. Green with the front seven pressuring Andy Dalton, the Redskins very well may win this game. Orakpo and Carriker will be missed, but hopefully others can step in for them and play well. Offensively, the Redskins have shown that they can certainly move the football. I hope Garcon is fit enough to play this week. Let's hope Alfred Morris runs hard this week. Let's hope Hankerson catches two TD receptions this week.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Bengals 31

Redskins 23
Why?

Because AJ Green is just simply a beast. He's basically a young Fitzgerald. Our small CBs won't match up with him well.

Gresham is a solid and huge TE going against our smaller LBs.

BenJarvis Green-Ellis aka the Lawfirm, has never fumbled in the NFL and is a good goal line back who always seems to get TDs even when the Defense is expecting it.

Andy Daltons a good QB. Their defense has some hard hitters at LB and they have one of the best DTs in the league in Geno Atkins. RG3, I don't see scrambling out of that pocket much. Their secondary has some names in it with Leon Hall and Clements as well as pacman and Terrence Newman. Reggie Nelson and Taylor Mays love to lay big hits on WRs.

I see AJ getting 2 TDs, that Little Hawkins guy causing our defense more slot fits like amendola last week, Gresham and the lawfirm getting touchdowns as well.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Why?

Because AJ Green is just simply a beast. He's basically a young Fitzgerald. Our small CBs won't match up with him well.

BenJarvis Green-Ellis aka the Lawfirm, has never fumbled in the NFL and is a good goal line back who always seems to get TDs even when the Defense is expecting it.

Andy Daltons a good QB. Their defense has some hard hitters at LB and they have one of the best DTs in the league in Geno Atkins. RG3, I don't see scrambling out of that pocket much. Their secondary has some names in it with Leon Hall and Clements as well as pacman and Terrence Newman. Reggie Nelson and Taylor Mays love to lay big hits on WRs.

I see AJ getting 2 TDs, that Little Hawkins guy causing our defense more slot fits like amendola last week, Gresham and the lawfirm getting touchdowns as well.
Hmmm. I don't know. It will be closer than this. Basically what you're saying is that the Redskins defense don't match up well with the Bengals play makers. First things first is the Redskins defense getting pressure on Andy Dalton. Dalton so far has shown he's a legitimate NFL QB. The Redskins defense and Haslett need to go back to the basics, and that's blitzing guys and having solid coverages down field, much like they were able to do to Drew Brees and the Saints offense and not play that soft zone garbage that allowed one wide receiver to catch 15 fluke passes for 160 fluke yards.

The Bengals might have heavy hitters on defense, but so do the Redskins. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Shanahan brings the drama with Brandon Banks going deep this week against that Bengals secondary. Terrance Newman is definitely old and slowing, and our wide receivers like Morgan and Garcon are able to get open on him.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Bengals made the playoffs last year. I'd put them as a slight road favorite. Kinda surprised that the Skins are favored by 4.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

I think it's a fairly evenly matched game. Could come down to a FG.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is one we should win...Fed Ex should be rocking. 27-20 Skins

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #25
warriorzpath

Quote:
Bengals 31

Redskins 23

The score should be reversed unless Josh Wilson doesn't play. A.J. Green will be contained by Josh Wilson - who seems to still be underrated by some fans. Still early on, but Wilson's been quietly playing at a Pro Browl level at this point along with Fletcher, who's quickly on pace for his Pro Browl (snub).

Even though the Saints and the Rams scored at least 31 points against the Redskins, there was a blocked punt in each game that directly lead to touchdowns. Assuming that there's not a blocked punt goingagainst the Redskins, you can reasonably predict that the Bengals won't score that much.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
The score should be reversed unless Josh Wilson doesn't play. A.J. Green will be contained by Josh Wilson - who seems to still be underrated by some fans. Still early on, but Wilson's been quietly playing at a Pro Browl level at this point along with Fletcher, who's quickly on pace for his Pro Browl (snub).

Even though the Saints and the Rams scored at least 31 points against the Redskins, there was a blocked punt in each game that directly lead to touchdowns. Assuming that there's not a blocked punt goingagainst the Redskins, you can reasonably predict that the Bengals won't score that much.
once he finally broke the ice in 2009, he hasn't missed one. i think they're done snubbing him
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #27
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Why?

Seems like those guys just came out of nowhere. Great targets for a young QB.
D will have their hands full again.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
once he finally broke the ice in 2009, he hasn't missed one. i think they're done snubbing him
For the 2012 Pro Bowl, he was named as an alternate and there was a lot of chatter after he was snubbed off the initial Pro Bowl roster because he lead the entire league in tackles.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #29
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Hmmm. I don't know. It will be closer than this. Basically what you're saying is that the Redskins defense don't match up well with the Bengals play makers. First things first is the Redskins defense getting pressure on Andy Dalton. Dalton so far has shown he's a legitimate NFL QB. The Redskins defense and Haslett need to go back to the basics, and that's blitzing guys and having solid coverages down field, much like they were able to do to Drew Brees and the Saints offense and not play that soft zone garbage that allowed one wide receiver to catch 15 fluke passes for 160 fluke yards.

The Bengals might have heavy hitters on defense, but so do the Redskins. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Shanahan brings the drama with Brandon Banks going deep this week against that Bengals secondary. Terrance Newman is definitely old and slowing, and our wide receivers like Morgan and Garcon are able to get open on him.
I think you may be forgetting that we just lost two huge pieces of our defense. Keep in mind we don't have orakpo and carriker the rest of the season...
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #30
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
I think you may be forgetting that we just lost two huge pieces of our defense. Keep in mind we don't have orakpo and carriker the rest of the season...
No, I'm not forgetting that fact at all. But Rob Jackson or Chris Wilson while not on Orakpo's level, are solid fill-ins. Orakpo and Carrkier will be missed but the Redskins do have solid depth.