Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #16
FARAPS
Camp Scrub

Re: Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

i see someone trading for the bears pick to get edwards and the vikes will not be able to pass up williams, who tice is already talking about filling moss' giant shoes with. i think without trading up to bears spot we wont get williams or edwards, leaving us to most probably trade down to get williamson.
FARAPS is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #17
offiss

Matt Jones is an interesting prospect ran under 4.4 unofficialy 6'6" 242 he could be a real sleeper played QB at Arkansas but is projected as a WR he look's like he has the hand's and the ability to make the switch, could be another Drew Bennett.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #18
e16bball
Special Teams

Just for my own edification, FARAPS, do you have a link to where Tice was talking about Williams filling Moss's shoes? And also, I don't see any comparison between Moss and Williams whatsoever.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Matt Jones is an interesting prospect ran under 4.4 unofficialy 6'6" 242 he could be a real sleeper played QB at Arkansas but is projected as a WR he look's like he has the hand's and the ability to make the switch, could be another Drew Bennett.
If he is 6'6" 240 and runs a 4.4 he is a freak of nature and that would be an awesome project for the skins.
Duffman003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #20
FARAPS
Camp Scrub

e16bball, heres your link: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8229368/2

"It will on draft day if he does stay on the board longer than many expect. Some have him pegged to go to the Minnesota Vikings with the seventh overall pick, one they acquired from Oakland for Randy Moss -- although that would hinge on an explosive 40 time. The thinking is Williams will fill Moss's shoes, something that was mentioned when Williams met with Vikings coach Mike Tice Thursday night.

I told him I wouldn't be trying to fill Randy Moss's shoes," Williams said. "Those shoes are cut to his feet. I think I'll bring my pair. I'll bring my own attitude, my own playing style and my own demeanor. Just be me. The comparisons are inevitable. You're going to get them no matter what team you go to. At the end of the day, you still have to put in the work and establish your own identity."

sure maybe the direct quote wasnt from coach tice himself but judging by the way williams is talking i think tice told him that he would be coming to minnesota if he is on the board for them.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #21
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
He intrigued me too Offiss.....................real athletic.............
Old 02-27-2005, 06:01 PM   #22
jdlea
Playmaker

Yeah, I heard Jones would be an H-Back until he blazed that 4.39, now they're saying wideout all the way.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #23
Redskins8588
Playmaker

I think that we should trade down and pick up Mark Clayton, from what I saw of him in the drills he looks really good. I think that we would be able to add picks and still get a good WR out of the draft.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #24
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Wow - Mike Williams ran that fast? With that speed I'll break down and say that's the man I want as of right now.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #25
e16bball
Special Teams

It's interesting FARAPS, but these teams talk to every player they could possibly be targeting. I'm sure that Williams has talked or will talk to Gibbs, as well, they just didn't ask him about filling Laveranues Coles' shoes. It's not quite as interesting of a story.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #26
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
Yeah, I heard Jones would be an H-Back until he blazed that 4.39, now they're saying wideout all the way.
A 6'6" 250 pound wide receiver, hahahah. That has a 4.4 40, and played college basketball so he has amazing hands... and hes a country boy blue collar worker. Looks like he needs to be a Redskin for sure.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #27
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Wow - Mike Williams ran that fast? With that speed I'll break down and say that's the man I want as of right now.

I agree on William's, that's plenty of speed for his size and athletic ability, there's no question of whether or not he can catch the ball probably the best hand's in the draft.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:44 PM   #28
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
A 6'6" 250 pound wide receiver, hahahah. That has a 4.4 40, and played college basketball so he has amazing hands... and hes a country boy blue collar worker. Looks like he needs to be a Redskin for sure.

Bigger and faster than William's but not as polished I would be happy if we came out of this draft with this kid, what about William's and Jones we would have the 2 biggest reciever's in NFL history, Gibb's ushered in the era of big lineman perhap's this could be his next legacy the era of huge WR's that would be interesting.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #29
FARAPS
Camp Scrub

i think williams would be a great fit for us, we have jacobs and coles (if he stays) to provide plenty of speed but we lack a big reciever who can make plays in the redzone. williams would be a perfect fit for us, helping solve our redzone woes and helping us score more points, although i think to get our man we will need to trade up to the bears pick which i wouldnt be against doing.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:52 PM   #30
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e16bball
That guy from Hampton who was mentioned previously is named Jerome Mathis and I have seen him play live. He is, quite simply, the fastest human being I have ever seen. If we don't get a WR in the first (and quite frankly even if we do) I would love to get him in the 3rd. He was the best kick returner in I-AA football in addition to being a top WR. Also, he dominated the Gridiron Classic All-Star game. He would immediately become a top KR in the league, and could eventually be a Santana Moss-mold WR.
I watched all the runs and he ran a 4.32 then a 4.31. He was smoken. I love this guy as a sleeper in the 2nd or the 3rd round. But I guarentee somone else picks him before we do. Williams was slower then I thought but he is one big dude.

Anybody know what KJ Harris from WVU ran yesterday. He had an incredible broad jump today. Remember short yardage back on the goal line.