Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Chicago loses Olympic bid....

Other Sports

Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #16
number21isabadman
Special Teams

Re: Chicago loses Olympic bid....

It probley had something to do with the fact that rio is going to spend 14 billion on it, and chicago was only droping 3. Good for south america's economy.
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #17
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
America loses bid and conservatives cheer? Now that's patriotism I can believe in. No, wait, Chicago isn't part of real America. Cheer on, cheer on real Americans.

Rio is a cool place...you just need to roll at least 3 deep and stay away from alleyways. I'm sure they'll tighten the security even more than during Carnival (pistol toting cop stationed at every block). I'm happy for Brazil and South America.
It's funny how it's Obama's defeat, but not America loses Olympic bid. But hey, country first right?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
djnemo65
Playmaker

Really pathetic to see some exultant over America losing the Olympics just because it can be spun as a "loss" for Obama. Just disgraceful.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Really pathetic to see some exultant over America losing the Olympics just because it can be spun as a "loss" for Obama. Just disgraceful.
Well, his arrogance makes it satisfying when he loses on an unimportant issue like this. His caravan of himself, his wife and Oprah thought they were invincible...and they were the first to be rejected. It was definitely a statement being made by the IOC. Our President is not on good terms with Europe anymore, and they make up most of the IOC.

Besides, you know we'd ALL be paying for the BILLION dollar Olympic park they promised. What a waste in these tough times, Chicago has PLENTY of stadiums already. Most of Chicago did not want the Olympics anyways.

I'd glad to see South America finally get a chance to be the host.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Well, his arrogance makes it satisfying when he loses on an unimportant issue like this. His caravan of himself, his wife and Oprah thought they were invincible...and they were the first to be rejected. It was definitely a statement being made by the IOC. Our President is not on good terms with Europe anymore, and they make up most of the IOC.

Besides, you know we'd ALL be paying for the BILLION dollar Olympic park they promised. What a waste in these tough times, Chicago has PLENTY of stadiums already. Most of Chicago did not want the Olympics anyways.

I'd glad to see South America finally get a chance to be the host.
this is a joke, right? we just suffered thru 8 years of easily the most arrogant president we have ever had. and Obama is arrogant?
and does South America really deserve this? just because they are willing to spend, i guess
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #21
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's funny how it's Obama's defeat, but not America loses Olympic bid. But hey, country first right?
When Obama cultivates this giant media persona to get himself elected and then continues to try and propagate it and use it as leverage and it fails it should come a no surprise that it gets labeled "[his] defeat". The fact that he only committed to showing up last week once they felt they were going to win shows me just how staged he really is. He was only going to show up so he could let the light of the win shine on the administration. Sorry, but he doesn't get to only take credit when things go right. He put this on his shoulders.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #22
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
this is a joke, right? we just suffered thru 8 years of easily the most arrogant president we have ever had. and Obama is arrogant?
and does South America really deserve this? just because they are willing to spend, i guess
You mistake dopeyness and a complete disregard for public opinion as arrogance.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
When Obama cultivates this giant media persona to get himself elected and then continues to try and propagate it and use it as leverage and it fails it should come a no surprise that it gets labeled "[his] defeat". The fact that he only committed to showing up last week once they felt they were going to win shows me just how staged he really is. He was only going to show up so he could let the light of the win shine on the administration. Sorry, but he doesn't get to only take credit when things go right. He put this on his shoulders.
i think you have this ass back wards. Chicago knew they were in trouble, and needed to break out some heavy hitters, to try and get back into the running. funny that something our country's loses out on bring so many joy. i guess that's the definition of a " real" patriot
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
i think you have this ass back wards. Chicago knew they were in trouble, and needed to break out some heavy hitters, to try and get back into the running. funny that something our country's loses out on bring so many joy. i guess that's the definition of a " real" patriot
That's not at all how it played out. We can't know for sure but considering he isn't afraid to point out how great he is I would bet if they felt it was in trouble and he came in to save the day then we'd know. The general consensus was that he'd only show up if they were going to win.

Edit: And I am tired of you hypocrites and the over sensitive nature of the defense of Jesus Obama. I haven't heard of or seen anyone showing any joy that we didn't get the games. Pointing out how the vaunted Jesus Obama didn't get exactly what he wanted isn't joy. It's opponents breaking down the Obama machine that was so carefully coordinated with the sycophantic media...and it's along the same lines as what they did to Bush. I am not arguing right or wrong here...I am just pointing out how hypocritical it all is. But that's ok we all know Reps or evil and Dems are full of only virtue.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
dmek25
MVP

funny how 2 people can look at the same situation, and see it so differently. and when is the last time Obama pointed out how great he is?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
funny how 2 people can look at the same situation, and see it so differently. and when is the last time Obama pointed out how great he is?
You like the guy...maybe that's why you see it how you do...I don't like him all that much. But my opinion is also influenced by what I've read.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #27
wolfeskins
The Starter

obama probably tried to get the games to go to kenya, he never even mentioned chicago during the meetings.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
budw38
Playmaker

Amazing that Dems can make fun of a Hurricane hitting the USA Fowler Fouls: Hurricane is God's Favor to Democrats - Democratic National Committee, White House '08 and thats ok ? We are talking an E'FF ing HURRICANE ...Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'. And you guys < dems > cry about patriotism when your party members and hollywood make pals with Hugo / Castro , the little commies ?? As far as crying about Fox News , out of 200 plus channels ,,, only 1 is slanted republican , you have ABC,NBC,CBS,PBS , CNN , Comedy,VH1,MTV and MSDNC , so you want the Gov't to run our airways ,,, that's what Communist countries do , control the media .

Last edited by budw38; 10-06-2009 at 10:53 AM.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #29
budw38
Playmaker

maybe less ,,, me me me ...Michelle Obama's Olympic bid: Kleenex: The Swamp ....American Thinker: Michelle Obama's Olympic 'Gimme' Speech. As FRPLG pointed , I do not think people are happy we didn't get the games , maybe the way the media makes them " a rock star " couple . Most of us just want a President , leader and Commander and Chief , we do not need Celebrity in the White House .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
maybe less ,,, me me me ...Michelle Obama's Olympic bid: Kleenex: The Swamp ....American Thinker: Michelle Obama's Olympic 'Gimme' Speech. As FRPLG pointed , I do not think people are happy we didn't get the games , maybe the way the media makes them " a rock star " couple . Most of us just want a President , leader and Commander and Chief , we do not need Celebrity in the White House .
did you have the same thoughts when Regan was elected?