Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Masters

Other Sports

Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: The Masters

I love watching the Masters. But my god the people who run it need to lighten up. They make the announcers say "patrons". That is so ridicules. But the course is so amazing looking. Plus I like that they have made it tougher. If they ever decide to really grow the ruff it would be un playable. But all the pros would just complain. Can't wait till the British Open. Carnoustie is one of the toughest courses in the world.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I love watching the Masters. But my god the people who run it need to lighten up. They make the announcers say "patrons". That is so ridicules. But the course is so amazing looking. Plus I like that they have made it tougher. If they ever decide to really grow the ruff it would be un playable. But all the pros would just complain. Can't wait till the British Open. Carnoustie is one of the toughest courses in the world.
Its tradition and their goal is to have the masters keep the same feel as it has over the years. I like the fact that they hold their heritage and keep things the same as it adds to the feel of the Masters. I know that anouncers are kind of dumb the way they act but it wouldn't be any fun if we couldn't joke on them. The British Open is another Major which has stood the test of time and left the traditions in place. Not everything in life has to change.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Do you know what the name of the one in MB is called. I'll be down with a group of 16 guys the 1st week of may and that would be a fun course to play.
I believe he's referring to World Tour. I've considered playing there a few times, but it's $120 for me and I get a break cause I'm a "local." My parents moved there over last fall/winter.

If you need to know how to get there, it's really close to Arrowhead and River Oaks (horrible, never play there). It's more inland, almost like West Myrtle, in fact, it's damn near in Conway. However, if you know how to get to 17/Broadway at the Beach, you just take 501 North a little bit and then you take the River Oaks Dr exit, it's just past River Oaks golf course. You'll know when you see it, I've heard great things, but when I can play Arrowhead for $35 I'm not gonna play $120 for it.

Also, $120 gets you a player's assistant assigned to your group. Water's free and I believe they provide towels, I'm not positive they won't go get you stuff, and you can consult with them about wind, yardage, pin placement and how to play the hole. I've heard great things about the course.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
jdlea
Playmaker

I also wouldn't mind Chucky 3 sticks taking home the green jacket, however, it would be amazing to see Tiger going into the U.S. Open with a shot at another Tiger Slam. Then, imagine the buzz around the British, they'd be talking about him possibly taking the first 3 and making a serious run at the Grand Slam. I gotta pull for Tiger.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #20
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I just heard on the Golf Channel that Tiger Woods may have tweaked his back on the 13th today. This is like breaking news, and they were talking how it may have been a lower back injury.

Anyone heard anything?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Renditions - Golf's Grand Slam Experience

This is a course in Davidsonville, MD (between the Capital Beltway and Annapolis), and each hole is a replica of a famous hole from a Major Championship. #s 6, 7, & 8 is Amen Corner, complete with scoreboard and stone bridge. #13 is Sawgrass's #17 (Island Green). It's a pretty neat experience and I highly recommend it.
That's awesome. How much does it cost to play there?
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #22
Monkeydad
Living Legend

AH, there it is...about what I expected. $80.

http://www.renditionsgolf.com/rendit...=153&page=3075
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #23
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I just heard on the Golf Channel that Tiger Woods may have tweaked his back on the 13th today. This is like breaking news, and they were talking how it may have been a lower back injury.

Anyone heard anything?
I haven't heard that, but when with a bad back, I bet Tiger can outdrive most of the field.