Dear Kobe:

Other Sports

Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
dall-assblows
The Starter

Re: Dear Kobe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Dear Warpathers is it so hard to provide a link? Got knows it's not rocket science.

ESPN.com - NBA - NBA suspends Kobe for tonight's game vs. Bucks
who is GOT? is that your GOD?

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #17
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
who is GOT? is that your GOD?
Lol, link or no link the point still remains that Kobe is dirty. If you look at both those hits his right elbow swings out in the exact same way when a defender is to the right of him. Not only is the motion fast and swinging, but it is also an abnormal motion.

If you look at Kobe's other shots he does not swing his right elbow out like that normally. I really don't know how he can claim that wasn't intentional. Maybe for the first time, but not this time.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Lol, link or no link the point still remains that Kobe is dirty. If you look at both those hits his right elbow swings out in the exact same way when a defender is to the right of him. Not only is the motion fast and swinging, but it is also an abnormal motion.

If you look at Kobe's other shots he does not swing his right elbow out like that normally. I really don't know how he can claim that wasn't intentional. Maybe for the first time, but not this time.
No doubt. If that was a pickup game he would've got his ass beat. What a punk. Also, to think the entire world is stupid enough to believe it wasn't intentional is REALLY insulting. How can he possibly try to defend himself?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #19
NM Redskin
The Starter

kobe is gods gi'ft to basketball, cant you guys see that.

But really thats why college hoops is SO much better than the NBA, it about the team and not the star.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #20
djnemo65
Playmaker

I always despised Kobe, but now that everyone hates and he has become such a renegade I find myself liking him. It's just my nature to root for the guys everyone else roots against.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #21
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
No doubt. If that was a pickup game he would've got his ass beat. What a punk. Also, to think the entire world is stupid enough to believe it wasn't intentional is REALLY insulting. How can he possibly try to defend himself?
this is right on the money. he wouldnt pull that punk a** stuff because he knows he would get his a** kicked.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #22
dblanch66
The Starter

This is a direct quote from Jaric, whom Kobe hit: "I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."
There isn't a single one of you that if you could get this "bitch" on your team, you would trip over your own ass and drool at the prospect. And don't say you wouldn't 'cause you'd be fibbing. As for running Shaq out of town, oh paleeze...get your facts straight. Like Shaq is an angel. This 'foul' is a joke. How many of you actually saw it anyway???
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #23
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Not a single person here has said anything about Kobe's play. He's an excellent player. However, he's still a bitch. He's had a few too many coincidences for me to think that this was him trying to draw a foul. He got his shit blocked, and he smacked the guy.

The Timberwolves player is just trying to play the good guy. The NBA, fans, and writers everywhere think it was intentional. Kobe is a complete and utter bitch.

I'd take Arenas over Kobe without much hesitation.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Just shortly before the play (which I did see) Kobe was complaining to the refs about a foul (or fouls) that he felt should have been called against him. When the foul wasn't called, Kobe essentially decided to take matters into his own hands. I'm sure he apologized afterward because he likely didn't mean to hurt Jaric per se, just that he was frustrated and wanted to "send a message"

Thing with Kobe is he's a phenomenally gifted athlete, and his body control makes it a bit harder to believe him when he says that was an accident...twice. It's almost akin to when Pedro Martinez hits a batter and says he lost control of the ball. Perhaps, but Martinez has some of the best control of any pitcher in history so it's hard to believe him when he says it was an "accident."
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #25
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
This is a direct quote from Jaric, whom Kobe hit: "I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."
There isn't a single one of you that if you could get this "bitch" on your team, you would trip over your own ass and drool at the prospect. And don't say you wouldn't 'cause you'd be fibbing. As for running Shaq out of town, oh paleeze...get your facts straight. Like Shaq is an angel. This 'foul' is a joke. How many of you actually saw it anyway???
Um I have seen the play and respect Kobe's skills, just not his attitude and ego. The play was cheap and dirty, and was EXACTLY the same way he did it to Mano earlier this year.

I am disappointed in Kobe more than anything else. Yeah I would want him on my team for his skills and passion, but I hate his ego and what it brings him down to. I also feel bad for all the kids out there that are Kobe fans, what a terrible role model.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #26
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Not a single person here has said anything about Kobe's play. He's an excellent player. However, he's still a bitch. He's had a few too many coincidences for me to think that this was him trying to draw a foul. He got his shit blocked, and he smacked the guy.

The Timberwolves player is just trying to play the good guy. The NBA, fans, and writers everywhere think it was intentional. Kobe is a complete and utter bitch.

I'd take Arenas over Kobe without much hesitation.
Quite a few people, including me, have mentioned that Kobe is a skilled player.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #27
12thMan
MVP

I really don't get this guy. I mean, the Lakers are actually my favorite team...have been for many years.

That being said, it's really unfortunate for such a great, great ball player to to start behaving this way. I think the perception of being a dirty ball player and being a dirty/bitch ball player is different. Kobe, unfortunately, is becoming the latter.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #28
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Quite a few people, including me, have mentioned that Kobe is a skilled player.
I meant in a negative manner.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #29
dblanch66
The Starter

ok. I see your points but I think "bitch" is a bit strong, that's all. I've met the guy on several occasions and he has been nothing short of a class act and a gentleman. Maybe my perception is off due to that.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Travesty. Should be more than that.
Yeah, his SECOND offense should've carried a bigger penalty than his first time. This should've been 5 games...next time, you're DONE FOR THE YEAR.

I can't stand this guy.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote