Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

New York City Proposes Ban on Big Surary Drink

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: New York City Proposes Ban on Big Surary Drink

No surprise that this is coming from Bloomberg.
He's a loon.
He wants the police to go on strike until American citizens give up their firearms.

Michael Bloomberg on stronger gun laws: "I don't understand why the police officers across this country don't stand up collectively and say we're going to go on strike" – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 07-26-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I have 2 cousins who are NYPD and other retired cop relatives.

If anything, Police appreciate and respect having responsible citizens who own guns. It actually makes their job SAFER.

Bloomberg, once again, is not speaking for someone else, just his own illogical self.

I thought Bloomberg wanted to keep people alive by controlling their diets...now he wants them to be unarmed sitting ducks against the criminals in his city? Make up your mind, man.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
saden1
MVP

Enjoy:

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Enjoy: snip pic of fatties not exercising
Do you really believe sodas are the problem there? I think you're missing that particular point of the situation.

In other words, "No, it's not that cupcake that made you fat. It's your choosing to eat that cupcake and sit around all day that made you fat."
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Do you really believe sodas are the problem there? I think you're missing that particular point of the situation.

In other words, "No, it's not that cupcake that made you fat. It's your choosing to eat that cupcake and sit around all day that made you fat."
I kinda agree with that. Its basically the whole, "McDonalds makes you fat" argument. Well duh it made you fat because that's all you ever ate. If you eat McDonalds every once in a blue moon, or if you exercise regularly, McDonalds isn't gonna make you blow up like a hot air balloon.

Soda is the same thing, obviously you're going to get diabetes if all you do is sit in front of the tube and drink Mt. Dew or if you're drinking a soda or two everyday.

As for long term health issues from soda, it's like smoking, if that's a risk you wanna take then fine, its a free country (right? O_o)

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I kinda agree with that. Its basically the whole, "McDonalds makes you fat" argument. Well duh it made you fat because that's all you ever ate. If you eat McDonalds every once in a blue moon, or if you exercise regularly, McDonalds isn't gonna make you blow up like a hot air balloon.

Soda is the same thing, obviously you're going to get diabetes if all you do is sit in front of the tube and drink Mt. Dew or if you're drinking a soda or two everyday.

As for long term health issues from soda, it's like smoking, if that's a risk you wanna take then fine, its a free country (right? O_o)
agree...cigs are legal, but certain soda sizes are not? crazyyyy ish

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
saden1
MVP

McDonald's food is unfit for human consumption therefore it is deserving of scrutiny. If the entire country is turning into a Wall-E world then the government has a duty to insure that it's people to insure that what is making them ill be taken off the shelf. I mean, not too long ago lead was in all sorts of product on the shelf. Lead doesn't kill instantly, it slowly poisons you to death and once that was realize it was banned. The government didn't simply say "don't buy lead product," it said "leaded product are no longer fit to be on the shelves."

-Jenkins
Old 07-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

[QUOTE=saden1;926852]McDonald's food is unfit for human consumption therefore it is deserving of scrutiny. QUOTE]

You're wrong,I get it you don't like it but don't get carried away.If someone eats to much of anything and does nothing ....it's going to get you.
Fast food was never ment to be an all the time thing.

Healthy Food At Mcdonald's | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
McDonald's food is unfit for human consumption therefore it is deserving of scrutiny. If the entire country is turning into a Wall-E world then the government has a duty to insure that it's people to insure that what is making them ill be taken off the shelf. I mean, not too long ago lead was in all sorts of product on the shelf. Lead doesn't kill instantly, it slowly poisons you to death and once that was realize it was banned. The government didn't simply say "don't buy lead product," it said "leaded product are no longer fit to be on the shelves."
No its not, its just high in calories. And as pointed out above, not all of it is.

The govt does not need to make our choices for us.
When it does, that is called totalitarianism, which has no place in a democracy.

And picking on McDonalds is utterly stoopid.
I can eat bacon and ice cream all day without coming anywhere near a McDonalds.
How come no one complains about the french fries and burgers from a jillion other restaurants in the nation?
Next we can start a list from what to pull out of grocery stores.
Then I can go to my dealer and get crack, meth and bacon.

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 07-27-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
No its not, its just high in calories. And as pointed out above, not all of it is.

The govt does not need to make our choices for us.
When it does, that is called totalitarianism, which has no place in a democracy.

And picking on McDonalds is utterly stoopid.
I can eat bacon and ice cream all day without coming anywhere near a McDonalds.
How come no one complains about the french fries and burgers from a jillion other restaurants in the nation?
Next we can start a list from what to pull out of grocery stores.
Then I can go to my dealer and get crack, meth and bacon.
We are the government. So long as you have the right to vote you get to decide what the government can or can't do.

There are plenty of food unfit for consumption, more so in this country than in many others. The egregious use of pink slim by the fast food industry in this country makes their food unfit for human consumption.

To McDonalds credit they have recently stopped using pink slime. Still, when you add the other crap they use in their food products along with what they feed the animals slaughter they can still be classifed as unfit for consumption. It's all empty calories.

-Jenkins
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Then you should be relieved that McDonald's products contain no lead. At least that's what I heard.

McD's is low quality food. So are snack bars. Both are still fit for human consumption, just not in large quantities. You want something that tastes like lead, that's really full of artificial stuff... keep eating artificial sweeteners, fake meat, and fake milk.

Quote:
We are the government. So long as you have the right to vote you get to decide what the government can or can't do.

There are plenty of food unfit for consumption, more so in this country than in many others. The egregious use of pink slim by the fast food industry in this country makes their food unfit for human consumption.

To McDonalds credit they have recently stopped using pink slime. Still, when you add the other crap they use in their food products along with what they feed the animals slaughter they can still be classifed as unfit for consumption. It's all empty calories.
Lol, if it was all empty calories, there'd be little problem with overeating it. Agreed about the soylent pink, but you're still reaching to call food you don't like "unfit for human consumption".

Wow, since I'm the government, next time I go to New York I can have all the big sugary drinks I want?

Again, you're confusing snack food (including fast food) with "unfit for consumption". You can overeat on anything. Know what's "unfit for human consumption"? Tofu. Rice cakes. Soybean milk. Fruit2O (I actually drink to cut back on sugar and caffeine, but guess which one is more "unfit" if you really want to split hairs. F2O is filler at best.).

And remember, a government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Do you really want to ban foods, including some you may like, or inform people to make their own choices?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Lol, if it was all empty calories, there'd be little problem with overeating it. Agreed about the soylent pink, but you're still reaching to call food you don't like "unfit for human consumption".

Wow, since I'm the government, next time I go to New York I can have all the big sugary drinks I want?

Again, you're confusing snack food (including fast food) with "unfit for consumption". You can overeat on anything. Know what's "unfit for human consumption"? Tofu. Rice cakes. Soybean milk. Fruit2O (I actually drink to cut back on sugar and caffeine, but guess which one is more "unfit" if you really want to split hairs. F2O is filler at best.).

And remember, a government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Do you really want to ban foods, including some you may like, or inform people to make their own choices?

a) You are either being stupid or are really stupid. I'm hoping you know what empty calories are but with you lot my confidence is pretty low.

b) You think I'm calling it unfit when in fact pink slime use to be banned in this country and is and has banned all around the world as unfit for consumption.

c) When correctly wield the government can be a powerful ally to its citizens. We do want the government to keep harmful and dangerous food out of our food chain, the question is where do we draw the line as to what should be considered harmful?

d) You are the government though you only get one vote out of millions of votes. Exercise it in Nov to topple the current government and if it doesn't work, well, life goes on and there's always the next time...and do try to remember that being this guy is neither attractive no civilized:

-Jenkins
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #28
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Empty calories is a stupid buzzword.
If a calorie makes you fat then its far from empty.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
a) You are either being stupid or are really stupid. I'm hoping you know what empty calories are but with you lot my confidence is pretty low.
What AlvinWalton said. Concession accepted.

Quote:
b) You think I'm calling it unfit when in fact pink slime use to be banned in this country and is and has banned all around the world as unfit for consumption.
Glad you agree with me here.

Quote:
c) When correctly wield the government can be a powerful ally to its citizens. We do want the government to keep harmful and dangerous food out of our food chain, the question is where do we draw the line as to what should be considered harmful?
The Bloomburg action is pants-on-retarded. Sorry if you don't see that.

Quote:
d) You are the government though you only get one vote out of millions of votes. Exercise it in Nov to topple the current government and if it doesn't work, well, life goes on and there's always the next time...and do try to remember that being this guy is neither attractive no civilized:

Please don't go ballistic like that at the nearest McDonald's when you see them serving soda, saden.

HTTR
Old 07-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #30
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Empty calories is a stupid buzzword.
If a calorie makes you fat then its far from empty.
Interesting, sorta like calling the United State's Department of Defense "Department of Defense?" I would think if you're fighting them over there instead of over here it's not really defense is it?

You know what, I'm going to go ahead and call you a nimrod and let you choose the definition of it that applies to you:

a) a person who is dedicated to or skilled in hunting
b) a simpleton

-Jenkins