Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2024, 09:01 PM   #16
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

I took a nap during the 2nd half and woke up and the Cowboys were on. Same old same old.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2024, 09:39 PM   #17
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
And let's stop acting like Bucs were elite super bowl contenders last year. they were 9-8. We got our asses whipped by a decent to pretty good team. It was an embarrassing effort.
This right here. There's a chance the Bucs are a better team than they were a season ago, but all we can go on is their record last season.

It's one week (and Week 1, so I'm in no way panicking), but I hope folks aren't overrating the Bucs due to them busting our butts today. Frankly, I still view the Bucs as as 9-8 team this season.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 10:07 PM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

JD is gonna get injured if he keeps running. Concussion for sure with the way he gets down. Even today he took some glancing blows.

Not encouraging, especially from the folks who claimed he is pass first QB.

Sorry if you are mid way thru the 3rd quarter and you have more running yards than passing, then you are a running QB. If you lead the team in rushing and you’re the QB, then you are a running QB.

Garbage time passing yards

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 10:20 PM   #19
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Funny thing is, if York hits those two FGs and JD doesn't overthrow Terry coming out of halftime, it's a much closer game.

The secondary looked bad, but give Baker credit. After his first couple throws, he put the ball on the money all day. It felt like the D actually got to him a lot, but he was able to escape and make get the ball to his playmakers.

JD, not so much. His legs are definitely a weapon, but I don't want to see him running that much anymore. Zero reason your QB should have more carries than both your RBs combined. If they keep that up, he won't make it past week 4.

True you dont, but we were down so you gotta go away from the run a bit, and most of his runs were pass plays where it broke down and he took off, I dont like too many of the QB power runs, he isnt Cam

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 10:53 PM   #20
HTTR
Impact Rookie

It was understood back in the day that you don’t take a rookie QB and throw him in as a starter. Speed of the game, new system, building cred and confidence as a leader, etc. Now it’s expected for a first-rounder, with the explanation that he needs playing time and first-team reps to learn the game.

Only now he doesn’t even have time to learn the game. At least according to some of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2024, 10:54 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

You cannot rebuild an entire roster in a year. Rivera left us nothing minus a few guys. Christian Gonzalez would be helpful right about now. It is going to take a couple years to fix things, If we want to do it right.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 11:16 PM   #22
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Until we're 3 games over .500, I don't trust 1 fucking word anyone says positive this wretched franchise (including myself). We fucking suck for all eternity until we're 3 games over.
Old 09-09-2024, 01:28 AM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Until we're 3 games over .500, I don't trust 1 fucking word anyone says positive this wretched franchise (including myself). We fucking suck for all eternity until we're 3 games over.

In 2027 we will be 7-4 (on our way to 7-10). You heard it here first.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 07:37 AM   #24
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Missed the game,just watched the 12 minute YouTube highlight package,the most impressive thing that stood out to me was Baker Mayfield.Mayfield was dropping dimes,every completion was perfectly placed and receivers were making great catches,itÂ’s hard to defend that,I thought the run defense looked worse than the pass defense.
Daniels did not play that well,yes obviously he has running ability, But he was pulling the ball down way too often and looking to run first rather than pass, I donÂ’t know if that was because the receiver's were not getting open or him not being patient in the pocket and panicking.I hate to say it,but RG3 was more impressive in his first game than this kid,but itÂ’s his first game so IÂ’m not gonna over react to his performance.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:05 AM   #25
That Guy
Living Legend

lose one game and the sky is falling. If we won it'd be superbowl or bust?

whole new staff, over 50% roster change (and still missing a couple parts that we knew about going in) and this is the first time out (with a rookie QB). It's a recipe for a slow start. (It's also possible the bucs are good, but more likely CB play is just going to be an issue all year).

we'll see how week 2, 3, 5,and 7 work out.

Last edited by That Guy; 09-10-2024 at 05:54 AM.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 08:12 AM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I haven't been on here lately due to coaching again and sundays we have film and gameplan so I didn't get to see much until I watched it last night..

Few things I saw

1. JD5 Is going to be Lamar 2.0, literally almost identical players but he better learn how to slide or else he won't last that long

2. The defense is awful, I was very disappointed with that performance from a dan quinn defense.

3 . We have no WRs outside of 17, thats a huge problem.

Overall I wasn't surprised at the loss but the way they lost I was. This team is still bad. 6-7 Wins is the ceiling with that schedule.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:27 AM   #27
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Missed the game,just watched the 12 minute YouTube highlight package,the most impressive thing that stood out to me was Baker Mayfield.Mayfield was dropping dimes,every completion was perfectly placed and receivers were making great catches,itÂ’s hard to defend that,I thought the run defense looked worse than the pass defense.
Daniels did not play that well,yes obviously he has running ability, But he was pulling the ball down way too often and looking to run first rather than pass, I donÂ’t know if that was because the receiver's were not getting open or him not being patient in the pocket and panicking.I hate to say it,but RG3 was more impressive in his first game than this kid,but itÂ’s his first game so IÂ’m not gonna over react to his performance.
Baker has found a home in TB. He was really good yesterday.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 08:51 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Baker was definitely sharp, not much coverage can do when a QB is that on point.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:55 AM   #29
rocnrik
Playmaker

i can remember when someone mentioned Baker coming here it was not well received.. truth is it won't matter who plays QB this team has very little Talent and Mahomes couldn't drag this corpse across the goal .. 3-4 wins at most and We get beat next week ..The damage has been done every thing since the day Snyder bought this club has inflicted long lasting damage and it will take YEARS to overcome that . realistically we need To hope that within 2 more drafts and free agency before we can truly start getting pumped ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 09:06 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
i can remember when someone mentioned Baker coming here it was not well received.. truth is it won't matter who plays QB this team has very little Talent and Mahomes couldn't drag this corpse across the goal .. 3-4 wins at most and We get beat next week ..The damage has been done every thing since the day Snyder bought this club has inflicted long lasting damage and it will take YEARS to overcome that . realistically we need To hope that within 2 more drafts and free agency before we can truly start getting pumped ..
I think by next yr you will see a much better team overall. This year they'll be picking in the top 10 again unless something crazy happens in the secondary