F... Dish Network

Parking Lot

Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #16
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: F... Dish Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You paid too have the dish installed? I thought all of these Co. had install so many boxes and dish for free deals. You may be stuck if you had to sign a contract for a certain amount of time.
Yeah, I had agreed to an 18 month commitment with a $300 early termination fee.

But... I talked to 6 different people, and had to call the legal department of Dish Network but in the end, it worked. They refunded my installation fee and dissolved my 18 month contract with dish network without charging me the $300 early termination fee. I had to argue my ass off. I was on the phone with this prick who said the following interesting things:

1. Have you tried using a regular air antenna? my reply: (Why the fuck should I have to strap some other ugly thing on the outside of my house, I already have two damn satellite dishes)
2. Where in your legally binding contract does it say that you will get local channels in HD? my reply: (There was no written contract presented at the time of agreement as it was EXPLAINED TO ME OVER THE PHONE BY YOUR IDIOT SALES REP)
3. We are going to charge the account you used for your last payment for $399 for the early contract termination. my reply: (Good, do that. And when I get my lawyer and sue your ass for breach of contract, how long do you think it's going to take for you to get fired for doing that?)
4. Well, what do you want me to do about it? my reply: (Get this shit turned off and out of my fucking house immediately.)

Long story short, no termination fee and I get the installation charges back so whatever. If anyone needs the number to Dish Corporate offices (the only ones who can release you from your contract) here it is: 1-888-241-2195. They're located in Denver, CO.

So now I have to call DirecTV and see what I can get there...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #17
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Ok, I ordered the DirecTV. I hope it's all you guys say it is... I got 2 HD receivers, Sunday Ticket, the premium ticket package etc. They're running a promo right now where if you buy the Sunday Ticket, you get the rest of your programming free for those 4 months. So basically, you're getting the ticket for free, right? Also, I got a $100 online rebate and $50 gift card, along with free installation. I guess that's good... I'm really leery after dealing with Dish Network.

Thomas Paine
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Ok, I ordered the DirecTV. I hope it's all you guys say it is... I got 2 HD receivers, Sunday Ticket, the premium ticket package etc. They're running a promo right now where if you buy the Sunday Ticket, you get the rest of your programming free for those 4 months. So basically, you're getting the ticket for free, right? Also, I got a $100 online rebate and $50 gift card, along with free installation. I guess that's good... I'm really leery after dealing with Dish Network.
Sounds like a nice deal. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 AM   #19
Redskins8588
Playmaker

I have had both in the past, currently I have Dish Network. Where I live, BFE, I was able to bundle my phone, internet and tv all in one with DishNetwork. I get unlimited long distance and the works on my phone which is good for me and my wife as she is from Erie, PA. and can talk to her mom when ever she wants. That is really the only reason that I left DirecTV.

But not to worry I still get my skins games, I go to my cousins house and watch on his sunday ticket.

Bleed Burgundy, everyone is right about DirecTV. It is as good as they say. Also, after your contract is up with them call them and make as if you are going to leave their service for DishNETWORK and they will give you free programming for like 3 or 4 months to get you to stay. That is what my cousin did when I switched over. They gave him HBO, SHOWTIME, and all the other movie channels for free for like 4 months just to keep him, when in all actuallity he had no intentions of leaving to begin with...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #20
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Update: When I signed up online, my installation date wasn't until 9/18

I called customer service this morning and rescheduled for tomorrow at 1 pm. I'll have it for the game on Sunday. I can't wait for the game.

Thomas Paine
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #21
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

You will love it BB.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #22
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Good deal BB. Have fun!

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #23
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Congrats BB, you are going to watch the 'Skins in a way you've never known before! Have fun.
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #24
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah, I had agreed to an 18 month commitment with a $300 early termination fee.

But... I talked to 6 different people, and had to call the legal department of Dish Network but in the end, it worked. They refunded my installation fee and dissolved my 18 month contract with dish network without charging me the $300 early termination fee. I had to argue my ass off. I was on the phone with this prick who said the following interesting things:

1. Have you tried using a regular air antenna? my reply: (Why the fuck should I have to strap some other ugly thing on the outside of my house, I already have two damn satellite dishes)
2. Where in your legally binding contract does it say that you will get local channels in HD? my reply: (There was no written contract presented at the time of agreement as it was EXPLAINED TO ME OVER THE PHONE BY YOUR IDIOT SALES REP)
3. We are going to charge the account you used for your last payment for $399 for the early contract termination. my reply: (Good, do that. And when I get my lawyer and sue your ass for breach of contract, how long do you think it's going to take for you to get fired for doing that?)
4. Well, what do you want me to do about it? my reply: (Get this shit turned off and out of my fucking house immediately.)

Long story short, no termination fee and I get the installation charges back so whatever. If anyone needs the number to Dish Corporate offices (the only ones who can release you from your contract) here it is: 1-888-241-2195. They're located in Denver, CO.

So now I have to call DirecTV and see what I can get there...
I GTD. someday you will have this same fight with DirecTV. I was a customer of theirs for 10 years and left due to their horrible customer service.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #25
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Thought I'd post a quick update. Sunday Ticket is amazing. I wasn't sure if I'd get all of the games in HD without buying the Superfan pack but so far I am. The service is good but what's with NFL Network not being in HD on DirecTV? Anyone know if that's one of the HD channels they're adding soon? I don't really like the Program Guide feature near as much as the one on Dish Network. The interface is kind of clunky and there's no option to create custom channel lists... (there was on Dish.) Overall though I'm very happy.

Also I just bought a 52" Aquos LCD which I'm putting on the wall tonight. So I feel like I'm getting a pretty good setup to watch the games.

Thomas Paine
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #26
jamf
Pro Bowl

New Channels:
1. A&E HD
2. Big Ten Network HD
3. Cartoon Network
4. CNN HD
5. Food Network HD
6. Versus HD\Golf HD
7. HGTV-HD
8. History Channel HD
9. NFL Network HD
10. National Geographic HD
11. Smithsonian (channel 267)
12. TBS in HD

Channels that they will market to customers, but no exact dates.

1. A&E HD
2. ABC Family HD
3. Bravo HD
4. ESPNews HD
5. Food Network HD
6. Fuel TV HD
7. FX HD
8. HGTV-HD
9. Cartoon Network
10. Chiller HD
11. CNBC HD
12. CNN HD
13. History Channel HD
14. MHD
15. USA Network HD
16. National Geographic HD
17. Discovery Channel HD
18. Disney Channel HD
19. TBS in HD
20. Animal Planet HD
21. The 101 HD
22. TLC HD
23. Toon Disney HD
24. Weather Channel HD
25. Big Ten Network HD
26. Tennis Channel HD
27. Speed Channel HD
28. NFL Network HD
29. Versus HD/Golf Ch HD
30. Sci-Fi Network HD
31. Science Channel HD
1. HBO HD West
2. HBO2 HD East
3. HBO2 HD West
4. HBO Family East
5. HBO Family West
6. HBO Latino
7. HBO Signature
8. Showtime HD West
9. Cinemax HD East
10. Cinemax HD West
11. MoreMax
12. The Movie Channel HD East
13. Starz HD East
14. Starz HD West
15. Starz Edge HD
16. Starz Comedy HD
17. Starz Kids & Family HD
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #27
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Thought I'd post a quick update. Sunday Ticket is amazing. I wasn't sure if I'd get all of the games in HD without buying the Superfan pack but so far I am. The service is good but what's with NFL Network not being in HD on DirecTV? Anyone know if that's one of the HD channels they're adding soon? I don't really like the Program Guide feature near as much as the one on Dish Network. The interface is kind of clunky and there's no option to create custom channel lists... (there was on Dish.) Overall though I'm very happy.

Also I just bought a 52" Aquos LCD which I'm putting on the wall tonight. So I feel like I'm getting a pretty good setup to watch the games.
BB, if you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay extra for the "Superfan Pak?"
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #28
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
BB, if you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay extra for the "Superfan Pak?"
I didn't get Superfan which is why I was surprised to see the games in HD. I think you do pay extra if you want that. You can see in a previous post how I got the package as part of that deal they're offering right now. Not to be dumb but are you scrolling down past the sd feeds to the second section with the HD feeds? I don't know why I would get it and not you... Let me know.

Thomas Paine
Old 09-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #29
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I didn't get Superfan which is why I was surprised to see the games in HD. I think you do pay extra if you want that. You can see in a previous post how I got the package as part of that deal they're offering right now. Not to be dumb but are you scrolling down past the sd feeds to the second section with the HD feeds? I don't know why I would get it and not you... Let me know.
I didn't subscribe to the SuperFan package either, but weekend before last I noticed I had the channel that displays multiple games on one screen. I thought that was an "extra" and wondered why I was receiving that channel as I didn't originally order that. When you mention "sd feeds," what is that specifically? If I scroll past the normal NFL Ticket channels (700's), do I have other options that relate to HD broadcasts or something? I'll look back at your previous posts to hopefully understand better, but like you, I recently recv'd upgrades from DirecTV that included among other things, the HD DVR. Yet, I only rec'v certain channels that are in HD (although I see where that will be expanded sometime soon).
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

The redzone channel freaking rules, great way to keep up with all the games