Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #16
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Around the NFL...Week 5 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Reports out of Cowboys camp have stated that Romo lost his cool in practice and threw his helmet. As expected, the thrown helmet was intercepted.
Cliched but still

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #17
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Morris gets credit for having his group playing touch this season. Both Hall and Wilson are tackling and hitting better overall this season. But I think the scheme is been wrong early and often. At what point do you begin to question Morris too (Haslett's lousiness is already established)?
Honestly, if its a play calling only issue, I dont see how that can be placed on anyone except the play caller. I dont see how we can rail against Raheem if a cover 0 all out blitz is called against a max protect deep ball. Thats a DC getting beat by an OC.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #18
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Laron playing well in NY... Pick 6 recently as well.

Quote:
LARON LANDRY – ... Landry continues to play well for the Jets. He had seven tackles and a pass defended. He was part of limiting 49ers tight end Vernon Davis to two catches on the day. GM Mike Tannenbaum is taking a lot of shots right now, but Landry was a good signing.

Winners & losers from Jets Week 4 loss

Still agree that it was a calculated decision to let him go, given his injury risk, etc --> but if he stays healthy (ha!) -- it sure opens this for discussion. Ironically we replaced him with Merriweather who seems to have had even more trouble staying on the field.

Always hard to look back, but Rogers and Landry both wanted to go, and both had issues. But given our secondary play so far, at least right now I'm now sorry to have lost them.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #19
Swarley
The Starter

Merriweather hasn't had trouble staying on the field! he has trouble getting on it...

LaRon's been good but unless he goes on to play all 16 games and heads to the probowl, I still support our decision to let him go.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
Kindoy
The Starter

The Kansas City Star is now doing anything its power to not print the word "Redskin" in it's articles due to its derogatory/racist meaning. Can't say I blame them... they aren't the first and won't be the last to oppose the name. I wonder how long the NFL can continue to ignore this situation.

What's everyones opinion on a possible future name change? Ideas for new names/logos? I think anything to go along with the Nationals & Capitals would be cool. I saw Federals brought up in a blog, maybe something along those lines. The Washington Hogs would be awesome too, keeping a traditional feeling.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #21
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
The Kansas City Star is now doing anything its power to not print the word "Redskin" in it's articles due to its derogatory/racist meaning. Can't say I blame them... they aren't the first and won't be the last to oppose the name. I wonder how long the NFL can continue to ignore this situation.

What's everyones opinion on a possible future name change? Ideas for new names/logos? I think anything to go along with the Nationals & Capitals would be cool. I saw Federals brought up in a blog, maybe something along those lines. The Washington Hogs would be awesome too, keeping a traditional feeling.
Funny thing this whole conversation. Go to Indian reservations and a lot of them have Redskins/Indians/Braves as the high school mascot. So if its not considered racist by the Indians, then why are we having this conversation?

I think the people who want these names to disappear are more racist to the Indians than the people who support those names being used. What better way to eliminate any Indian Heritage from the USA then to make sure you hear as little about Indians as you can. So the Kansas City Star can maintain the support for genocide of Indians all they want, it doesnt make them right.

From a person with Cherokee blood running through my veins... and proud of it.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Funny thing this whole conversation. Go to Indian reservations and a lot of them have Redskins/Indians/Braves as the high school mascot. So if its not considered racist by the Indians, then why are we having this conversation?

I think the people who want these names to disappear are more racist to the Indians than the people who support those names being used. What better way to eliminate any Indian Heritage from the USA then to make sure you hear as little about Indians as you can. So the Kansas City Star can maintain the support for genocide of Indians all they want, it doesnt make them right.

From a person with Cherokee blood running through my veins... and proud of it.
I went on vacation this year to Arizona and was real apprehensive about wearing my redskins hat while there due to the Indian population and reservations.

We stopped at one of the Indian markets on the side of the road one day and saw a couple wearing Redskin hats. Also while driving one day to see a place called four corners, saw a high school on a reservation and their mascot was a Redskin.

I know that none of this makes it right or politically correct.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post

But I'm sure they print the word Chiefs............

Not saying the two are the same, but some native americans have some pretty thin red skin.......
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
FRPLG
MVP

Words only have the power you give them. Seems like a few select Native Americans choose to make this an issue. The word "choose" was used specifically. Is there any great outcry about this anywhere?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
mredskins
Gamebreaker

some one posted a ESPN article that seemed to be a weekly installment of like a "all pro" team. I thought it was kind of neat but can't find the newest addition.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Joey T bashed Tony romo said "he's not very good "

Carlos Rogers says jets quit Sunday. Duh
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #27
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
But I'm sure they print the word Chiefs............

Not saying the two are the same, but some native americans have some pretty thin red skin.......
Shocked you're from Georgia.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Holmes out for the season (IR)

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Jets WR Santonio Holmes out for the season, will go on IR.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

ESPN showing some Skins love:

Can Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III make DC a sports town again? - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

He Gets Us
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Holmes out for the season (IR)

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Jets WR Santonio Holmes out for the season, will go on IR.
They're done. When they lost Revis you could tell it totally burst Ryan's bubble, and it showed against the 49ers.