BREAKING NEWS: Kyle Busch Heading To Joe Gibbs Racing

Other Sports

Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #16
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Kyle Busch Heading To Joe Gibbs Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I agree a "rumor" is just that a "rumor" take them for what they are worth. If it was fact than by all means please post a link or quote your source.

And I would think that if someone works for the worlds leader in sport news (a.k.a. ESPN) and in motosports, than I would think that would be good enough for most. But I guess you can please everyone...

Oh, and SS keep the "rumors" coming and I will decide what I want to believe or not...
Well I almost never post rumors just to post rumors, I'd flood the board if I did that. Any "rumor" I post is something that I can definitely confirm from multiple sources (regardless of whether I can "link" to those sources).

Such as letting you all know two weeks before it was reported that Betts was about to re-sign or that Docker was seeking around a $16 million signing bonus. Or the Casey Bramlet news, which I posted just before it was made official because I knew it was a done deal. In retrospect, I could have just waited a bit for a press release to come out. But I had work to do, and figured you guys would like to hear that news.

But I digress, you'll notice that when I don't have a link yet I'll usually start the thread title with "Report" and, on the rare occassion, I'm just posting a rumor then I'll say "there's a rumor"

I didn't think that one simple post by me would cause such an uproar though.

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
Riggo44
The Starter

This was a while back but it does bring uo Toyota.Winston-Salem Journal | NASCAR Notebook
Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #18
Riggo44
The Starter

Gibbs said they have talked about an extension for a while to get Stewart and crew chief Greg Zipadelli signed long-term if the two-time Cup champion plans to race beyond 2009.

"I want all those guys on the same page," Gibbs said. "When the time is right, we want to sign him for as long as he wants to drive."

As far as other negotiations, Gibbs said he is still talking with General Motors and that reports of his team having a deal with Toyota completed are inaccurate.

"That's just not true," Gibbs said. "That's speculation. We're sitting down with the GM guys. We've had conversations with them. I don't think any GM team has signed a deal yet."
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My job is my source. But I see your point SBF. I'll no longer offer any inside insight that I hear because I can't post a link to verbal conversation.
Well, in your defense, you did say "rumored to go to Toyota". Unsure of how the word RUMOR was missed, but hey you never know.

About Busch, this is absolutely no shock at all. I figured that's where he would go. I wish him all success over there, as long as it doesn't conflict with hendrick motorsports.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #20
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Well I almost never post rumors just to post rumors, I'd flood the board if I did that. Any "rumor" I post is something that I can definitely confirm from multiple sources (regardless of whether I can "link" to those sources).

Such as letting you all know two weeks before it was reported that Betts was about to re-sign or that Docker was seeking around a $16 million signing bonus. Or the Casey Bramlet news, which I posted just before it was made official because I knew it was a done deal. In retrospect, I could have just waited a bit for a press release to come out. But I had work to do, and figured you guys would like to hear that news.

But I digress, you'll notice that when I don't have a link yet I'll usually start the thread title with "Report" and, on the rare occassion, I'm just posting a rumor then I'll say "there's a rumor"

I didn't think that one simple post by me would cause such an uproar though.
Keep posting the rumors, I love to hear them personally.
Everything starts as a rumor, then some turn into reality. When the KG trade first came out, it was rumored...then went away, then sure enough, it happened. I love to hear about the rumors, keep it up.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #21
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Yeah keep posting rumors. I'm sorry SBF, but personally I think you just dont really enjoy the idea of Gibbs going to Toyota, and if it was any other rumor you really wouldn't care. You don't need a quote for a rumor. A rumor is a rumor and just because it upsets you personally does not mean we have to start this whole you should quote stuff bs. You could simply chose to ignore it.

I have also heard on some sites about this Toyota move, it isn't something outta the blue. When we were posting about Dale Jr possibly going to Gibbs you didnt seem too upset with that rumor. I hope you dont think I am calling you out SBF, I respect your knowledge and interest in NASCAR, and I guess I just wouldn't expect you to flip for something just because it offended you.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #22
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
When we were posting about Dale Jr possibly going to Gibbs you didnt seem too upset with that rumor.
And who was the ONLY person that KNEW he wasn't going to JGR, but knew he was going to sign with Hendricks...OH, that would be me.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Yeah keep posting rumors. I'm sorry SBF, but personally I think you just dont really enjoy the idea of Gibbs going to Toyota, and if it was any other rumor you really wouldn't care. You don't need a quote for a rumor. A rumor is a rumor and just because it upsets you personally does not mean we have to start this whole you should quote stuff bs. You could simply chose to ignore it.

I have also heard on some sites about this Toyota move, it isn't something outta the blue. When we were posting about Dale Jr possibly going to Gibbs you didnt seem too upset with that rumor. I hope you dont think I am calling you out SBF, I respect your knowledge and interest in NASCAR, and I guess I just wouldn't expect you to flip for something just because it offended you.
Imagine if Gibbs does make the switch to Toyota and ends up winning a NASCAR Championship. Then he could say he won 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different QBs (plus 3 different RBs) but also 3 NASCAR Championships with 3 different car manufacturers (Pontiac, Chevrolet, and Toyota). How sick would that be?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #24
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Imagine if Gibbs does make the switch to Toyota and ends up winning a NASCAR Championship. Then he could say he won 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different QBs (plus 3 different RBs) but also 3 NASCAR Championships with 3 different car manufacturers (Pontiac, Chevrolet, and Toyota). How sick would that be?
Considering Toyota seems to be the crap shoot of NASCAR, I would have to say that JGR would go downhill by making such a decision.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Considering Toyota seems to be the crap shoot of NASCAR, I would have to say that JGR would go downhill by making such a decision.
I'm not saying they'd win it all right away but I think Toyota will see more success next year after a year in the Cup series. Plus, keep in mind they have two start-up operations Red Bull and MWR running Toyotas. An established team like JGR-particularly with the caliber of drivers on that team-would certainly help.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #26
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
I'm not saying they'd win it all right away but I think Toyota will see more success next year after a year in the Cup series. Plus, keep in mind they have two start-up operations Red Bull and MWR running Toyotas. An established team like JGR-particularly with the caliber of drivers on that team-would certainly help.
It just doesn't seem like any cars other than Chevy and Ford can win. Look at this week, wasn't that the first win of a dodge all year?
To me, if I wanted to win, I'd stick with the teams that have a track record of winning...chevy and ford are the only ones I'd consider, with Chevy getting the ultimate nod.
They (as in JGR) are not in business to wait for wins.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #27
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Ok well I am not a NASCAR expert but is the anti-Toyota feeling more due to the fact it is a foreign car company or because it is just not successful in NASCAR?

I seem to get the whole feeling that many people dont like Toyota because it isnt American.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
While this would be cool, Also remember that if Denny Hamlin or Kyle would win, he could say three drivers as well.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #29
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

The reports are looking like he may make the switch.
He'll make them fast and able to get them Cheap.

I'm on the the ride so we'll see.

Everyday is Race Day!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #30
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Ok well I am not a NASCAR expert but is the anti-Toyota feeling more due to the fact it is a foreign car company or because it is just not successful in NASCAR?

I seem to get the whole feeling that many people dont like Toyota because it isnt American.

I can't speak for everyone here...but I personally don't care.
I don't think there really is an "american" car anymore. All toyota's in america are built here. So it's still supporting american workers.
I just say that cause Toyota has not shown to have a good car in NASCAR, just like Dodge has fallen from having great cars to having crap cars now. (comparitively speaking to Chevy and Ford)