Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Stifling States of America: Heat Wave!

Parking Lot

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Stifling States of America: Heat Wave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Don't be stupid, cancel the camping trip. Keep yourself inside and turn up the air conditioner.
Yeah this was my arguement. It was 2 nights, now its just 1. Problem is seeing a couple friends ya see once every year or two and because they can get the time off trying to get through it . gonna suck it up for 24 hours, if it b/cs a problem we will leave. Another issue is his wife scheduled this as a man-cation surprise for him to get away with the guys and from her and the kids...i mean who the f*ck schedules a tent camping trip in middle of summer? camping is a fall/spring activity...women

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
mredskins
Gamebreaker

My poor wife is due 7/28; I honestly feel so bad for her right now. I think Buster's wife is due soon too.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah this was my arguement. It was 2 nights, now its just 1. Problem is seeing a couple friends ya see once every year or two and because they can get the time off trying to get through it . gonna suck it up for 24 hours, if it b/cs a problem we will leave. Another issue is his wife scheduled this as a man-cation surprise for him to get away with the guys and from her and the kids...i mean who the f*ck schedules a tent camping trip in middle of summer? camping is a fall/spring activity...women
I remember those days camping. At about 7 in the morning the sun will have your tent at about 80 and by 8 am it will be about 90. Last time I went camping I was brushing my teeth in one of those camp site bath rooms and I had one guy blowing one out and another guy doing god knows what in the other stall. I was hung over and start gagging. I marched out of the bath room told the wife (then girl friend) to get her stuff together I was done camping. Packed up our stuff turned to some dude asked him if he wanted a tent and some camping gear and got my ass out of there. F*&k Camping.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #19
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I remember those days camping. At about 7 in the morning the sun will have your tent at about 80 and by 8 am it will be about 90. Last time I went camping I was brushing my teeth in one of those camp site bath rooms and I had one guy blowing one out and another guy doing god knows what in the other stall. I was hung over and start gagging. I marched out of the bath room told the wife (then girl friend) to get her stuff together I was done camping. Packed up our stuff turned to some dude asked him if he wanted a tent and some camping gear and got my ass out of there. F*&k Camping.
LOL! That made me laugh. The only time that I camped when it was really hot was at Woodstock 1999. The heat in my opinion was the driving force of the riots.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

I haven't camped since my senior year of high school. I have a lot of friends that love it, but at this point in my life give me a nice comfy hotel room any day.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

When you hit a certain age camping is only for the cheap people who try to explain why camping is so great. This is whats so great about camping. If you neighbor wakes up they wake you up. If you neighbor wants to party all night they keep you awake all night. When the sun comes up in the morning your tent turns into a oven. Public bathrooms (enough said). You have to try and keep all your food out of the cooler water and ice. You have to spend and hour preparing to just cook something and then spend 1/2 hour cleaning up. Public bathrooms (you cannot say that one enough). The Mr. I know how to do everthing trying to tell you how to set up camp (every camp site has one). The sand and dirt that gets into your tent and just trying to live out of a tent in general. Public Bathrooms. Have fun CHICO23231 and remember to check the stalls before you begin to brush your teeth.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #22
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Everyone pitch in for a hotel room nearby, move the beds out into the hallway/parking lot and pitch tents. Crank AC up and enjoy.

Going to a crab feast on Saturday, work function for wife. It starts at 1pm. I plan on eating as many crabs as i can in a short amount of time so we can get back in the AC of my minivan for the ride back home. The host lives on the bay, and does have a pool, but i don't think it's going to matter on Saturday.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
When you hit a certain age camping is only for the cheap people who try to explain why camping is so great. This is whats so great about camping. If you neighbor wakes up they wake you up. If you neighbor wants to party all night they keep you awake all night. When the sun comes up in the morning your tent turns into a oven. Public bathrooms (enough said). You have to try and keep all your food out of the cooler water and ice. You have to spend and hour preparing to just cook something and then spend 1/2 hour cleaning up. Public bathrooms (you cannot say that one enough). The Mr. I know how to do everthing trying to tell you how to set up camp (every camp site has one). The sand and dirt that gets into your tent and just trying to live out of a tent in general. Public Bathrooms. Have fun CHICO23231 and remember to check the stalls before you begin to brush your teeth.
LOL! You have me laughing today!

As far as dirt in the tent I always start saying, "hey who keeps tracking the dirt out of the tent" becasue by the second day you have more dirt in the tent then outside it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
All right Larry Craig. I know how you love them stalls.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

It's supposed to "cool" off this weekend. Hopefully, it won't be too bad for those that don't have AC. I remember growing up w/o it. Some of those hot nights were miserable to try to get some sleep.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
All right Larry Craig. I know how you love them stalls.
So with all that said where are you going camping.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

My boys and I always loved camping, especially the Smoky Mountains.
However, I remember a couple nights at Mammoth Cave when it was still in the 90's at night in a pop up camper. It was so humid that when you rolled over the sleeping bag would stick to you. It was a nice 55 deg down in the caves though.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So with all that said where are you going camping.
Kerr Lake, west side of the lake, virginia side. We are going down for the night catfish fishing. We are gonna be looking for this: Notebook: 143-pound blue catfish beats world record by 13 pounds | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Catfishing is kinda a bore to me, but whateva drinking beer with friends works just as well.

He Gets Us
Old 07-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
My boys and I always loved camping, especially the Smoky Mountains.
However, I remember a couple nights at Mammoth Cave when it was still in the 90's at night in a pop up camper. It was so humid that when you rolled over the sleeping bag would stick to you. It was a nice 55 deg down in the caves though.

I can remember growing up in Rhode Island and we didn't have A/C becasue basically it was like 3 weeks that you need it. God those 3 weeks were long though. I can remeebr waking up and my sheet felt like someone had wrapped me up in a wram paper towel to sleep in. You would literally peel it off yourself in the morning.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Kerr Lake, west side of the lake, virginia side. We are going down for the night catfish fishing. We are gonna be looking for this: Notebook: 143-pound blue catfish beats world record by 13 pounds | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Catfishing is kinda a bore to me, but whateva drinking beer with friends works just as well.
I have never done any cat fishing. You should come down some time and we could go fishing. I could pick you up around the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and we could head over to the CBBT and go flounder fishing.