Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

Parking Lot

Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #16
12thMan
MVP

Re: Official Breaking Bad Thread (Spoilers)

I just caught up on Netflix myself. Are we starting the 4th season and where can I see the season premier?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #17
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Walt is i na very very bad place right now he has not been this low since the plane crash.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Walt is i na very very bad place right now he has not been this low since the plane crash.
Loved the final shot... it was like Sky was looking down at Walt's grave or something... very horror-like!

Gilligan's directing the final two eps of the season. Buckle up!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #19
12thMan
MVP

What a series. Definitely up there with The Wire and probably just ahead of Mad Men. This show kicks ass though.

Yooo bitch! - Jessie Pinkman
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #20
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Another great episode last Sunday night. They are seriously putting out better stuff then the movie theater.

I didn't see the poison boy twist coming at all. Then Walt trying to bomb Gus.

When I watch these episodes I think back to season one and two when Jessy and Walt where so small time.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
12thMan
MVP

The poison twist was great. I walked in on that scene, but turned the TV before they showed who was actually in bed. Thank God for DVR.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #22
itvnetop
Playmaker

Question for y'all. How would you feel if a certain protagonist is really behind the poisoning?

I'd actually think this is the direction that would put BB above The Wire. If Gilligan goes the easy way, it just follows TV 101- the audience needs to empathize with the lead. If you go the other way, this show really is a true character study.

my blather
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
12thMan
MVP

So you're suggesting what if Walt was behind the poisoning? Actually that wouldn't be too far off base. Considering he did watch Jane die in her sleep of a drug overdose while lying next to Jesse. He hates all of Jesse's druggie friends.

Basically, anyone or anything that commands Jesse's loyalty Walt has a serious problem with them. Hmm...interesting.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So you're suggesting what if Walt was behind the poisoning? Actually that wouldn't be too far off base. Considering he did watch Jane die in her sleep of a drug overdose while lying next to Jesse. He hates all of Jesse's druggie friends.

Basically, anyone or anything that commands Jesse's loyalty Walt has a serious problem with them. Hmm...interesting.
Exactly. This would complete his transformation. Walter would have completely Broken Bad.

And Vince Gilligan has said that before the show is over, everybody is going to hate Walter White. In order for that to happen, he's got to pull something off that's totally unredeemable. He's still got a loyal fan base that justifies every death that results in his actions (or inactions).

my blather
Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
12thMan
MVP

I think each of the characters have Broken Bad in their own way. Skyler has broken bad, Walt Jr. breaks bad all the time with the foul language, pitting his father against his mother. Hank constantly flouts the law to justify his relentless pursuit of finding Heisenberg. And don't get me started on his wife Marie. That chick is nutzoid.

But, oh Mr. White. Do you think he's capable of such a thing? That would do irreparable harm to his relationship with Jessie. There's no coming back.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #26
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
I think each of the characters have Broken Bad in their own way. Skyler has broken bad, Walt Jr. breaks bad all the time with the foul language, pitting his father against his mother. Hank constantly flouts the law to justify his relentless pursuit of finding Heisenberg. And don't get me started on his wife Marie. That chick is nutzoid.

But, oh Mr. White. Do you think he's capable of such a thing? That would do irreparable harm to his relationship with Jessie. There's no coming back.
Excellent breakdown. I totally concur re: the characters and their relation to the show's title. Marie is nuts! Have you also followed the show's theme of color? Marie is all about purple- the color of ambition and royalty.

I'm not sure Mr. White (I also dig how Jesse still calls him this!) is capable of this... yet. But with each passing season, he gets further from a moral center. And I think that's what drives Gilligan- leaving a tv show to an audience who now has to question their own values within moral relativism.

Here's a doozy... what if the poison came from a certain dude in a wheelchair? Karmic justice?

my blather
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #27
12thMan
MVP

I haven't noticed that about Marie, but I have noticed that Walt dresses in earth tones, bland colors and such. The one -- and only exception--was the day Walt was released from the hospital he grew a goatee and was sporting a pink sweater. Remember that? Pink is the color of love or passion. But get this, it wasn't directed towards Skyler, in my opinion, but Jesse. There's a strange jealousy beneath the surface that Walt harbors for Jesse. Not in a gay or homosexual kind of way, but more like ownership; entitlement. Hence, Jesse always reciprocating by calling him Mr. White. Names and titles are funny things. They draw lines and define relationships, help us maintain boundaries.

I don't think Hank is interested in karmic justice. That's not what really drives him. Hank thrives off being right and public adulation. He likes to enlist others in his quest to battle the forces of evil. No matter how far off base he seems, there's always another party complicit somehow. The one and only exception would be the time he killed Tuco by himself, but he stumbled across that.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #28
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
I haven't noticed that about Marie, but I have noticed that Walt dresses in earth tones, bland colors and such. The one -- and only exception--was the day Walt was released from the hospital he grew a goatee and was sporting a pink sweater. Remember that? Pink is the color of love or passion. But get this, it wasn't directed towards Skyler, in my opinion, but Jesse. There's a strange jealousy beneath the surface that Walt harbors for Jesse. Not in a gay or homosexual kind of way, but more like ownership; entitlement. Hence, Jesse always reciprocating by calling him Mr. White. Names and titles are funny things. They draw lines and define relationships, help us maintain boundaries.

I don't think Hank is interested in karmic justice. That's not what really drives him. Hank thrives off being right and public adulation. He likes to enlist others in his quest to battle the forces of evil. No matter how far off base he seems, there's always another party complicit somehow. The one and only exception would be the time he killed Tuco by himself, but he stumbled across that.
Yes, I've definitely noticed the Walt-Jess dynamic. Interesting catch on the pink sweater. It definitely makes sense that the color represents his feelings towards Jesse, more than Sky. At first I almost believed Walt's started to view Jess as a son. The Fly episode and this season's point at which he called Walt Jr. "Jesse." But if he's able to manipulate Jesse's loyalty towards his benefit, your theory holds water.

Ah, I meant Tio (not Hank). Not sure who's left for Tio to ask, but I know he's still out for Jesse's head.

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 10-04-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #29
12thMan
MVP

I think the sweater also represented Walt's new lease on life in general following a successful surgery. But ultimately, I think it has more to do with Jesse and their common bond more than his affection for Sky.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Tio's link to Jesse and Walt would be other than the obvious, which is to make tons of money pushing Meth. He's been remarkably detached and emotionally neutral thus far, I suspect that will change in coming episodes.

The fly episode was loaded with metaphors if you ask me.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #30
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Funny about the wheelchair I thought Hank right away too.

Does Tio even have anyone left to do his dirty work? In my mind he is done with the drug trade the guy has 1 foot in the grave. I think he is bitter with Gus, Jess, Walt and company but really has no recourse at this time. IMO Gus got the last laugh with him and he is done in this series.

As far as poisoning the boy I was totally believing Walt until I read your guys post. IT also jarred my memory to the night that Walt went over there and saw the family with Jessi, you could tell he was annoyed with that. I beleive Walt likes to keep Jessi under his thumb at all times and hates when he is distracted. If Jessi is not acting like Walt's bitch, Walt gets pissy.