Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Spence
Special Teams

Re: Lighten Up On Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dude all he wants to do is win..
That's not true. The most important thing he wants to do is run the front office. If winning was all that mattered to Dan Snyder, he'd put a real management team in charge of personnel decisions. As long as he and Vinny Cerrato are making these decisions, the Redskins will never be a consistently good team. Never. If Snyder wants to win, the first thing he should do is fire himself and Vinny.

Don't hold your breath.

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I did happen to know Mr. Marshall personally and it does make a difference when you know someone as opposed to what you hear or read.
That's pretty cool. So I have a couple of questions then. Is it actually true that he fired a coach at halftime, and did/do you know all the other owners personally as well?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #18
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Listen, this decade has been miserable and much can be blamed on his interference. There are not too many successful franchises out there where owners are manipulative and involved. The guy even tried to buy up the media so only his spin is released.

Dan Snyder gets absolutely NO PASS from me. I have said it before and say it again, Snyder is NOT a NEW owner. He is not LEARNING! He has been an owner for ten years now. A decade. 5 coaches. A .455 winning percentage. No NFC East titles. No NFC Titles. 2 winning season in ten years. Horrible drafts. You can see all this by just looking. Why do the Colts, Steelers, Giants, Patriots, and other win consistently? They have professional front office and non-owner involvement in building the football team.

Snyder has tried it his way. His way is to be Owner/GM. Fact is, it has failed miserably. He can save his legacy by doing the right thing and hiring a top quality GM and stepping out of football operations.

Just remember. When you talk about Spurrier, you talk about Zorn, you talk about bad signings, there is one central figure to all these.

If everyone is 7-9 to 9-7 record with an occassional 10-6, then a Snyder run team is for you.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #19
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's pretty cool. So I have a couple of questions then. Is it actually true that he fired a coach at halftime, and did/do you know all the other owners personally as well?

True he did fire a coach once at mid game, and he failed to employ African American players until Bobby Mitchell, none of which has muct to do with the ineptness of our current administration.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Is this a joke? Snyder is a terrible owner. He doesn't seem like a good person to me, but what I care about his what he does as owner of the Redskins and what he does sucks.
Wow, I never would have guessed these were your feelings from reading your highly unbiased reports at DCPSR. I am amazed at the objectivity that shines through your reports now that I know how you really feel.

Ok, now that was a joke.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Is this a joke? Snyder is a terrible owner. He doesn't seem like a good person to me, but what I care about his what he does as owner of the Redskins and what he does sucks.
We can debate his running of the franchise (I don't agree that he's a "terrible" owner), but not so sure why he's not a good person?

The Dan Snyder You Don't Know - Sports (washingtonian.com)
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
We can debate his running of the franchise (I don't agree that he's a "terrible" owner), but not so sure why he's not a good person?

WE FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!

...Any good person would want the Redskins to win by any means...not just financial.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Wow, I never would have guessed these were your feelings from reading your highly unbiased reports at DCPSR. I am amazed at the objectivity that shines through your reports now that I know how you really feel.

Ok, now that was a joke.
Um, you understand that opinion is the central basis of a fan website, right? Let me know when you see something at DC Pro Sports Report about it being an opinion-free zone. The whole point of the website is to state our views, hopefully backing them up with available evidence.

The available evidence I cite for Dan Snyder being a bad owner is the last decade. I think it's a pretty good case.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #24
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Snyder has tried it his way. His way is to be Owner/GM. Fact is, it has failed miserably.
Don't rehash the Norv/Marty/Spurrier crap that was over 5 years ago. Does that count bringing in Gibbs?

Quote:
He can save his legacy by doing the right thing and hiring a top quality GM and stepping out of football operations.
I don't have a problem with this and if we're able to get Holmgren now it's the right thing to do now. If Holmgren can't be locked down, then Snyder needs to take his time and find the right fit for GM. It doesn't need to happen before the Bye week.

Last I checked DS doesn't call plays or make plays on the field. He does bring in the best talent that HIS COACHES have asked for.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #25
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
what do you base this on? i guess the on field product/ wins and losses? because in my eyes, i like the fact that he will do what ever it takes to win. sure, he has made a lot of bad decisions. what owner hasn't? there aren't a lot of owners i would take over Snyder. people around here make me laugh when the bad decisions that are made are solely blamed on Snyder. how many of you guys were happy as hell( at the time) when the skins went out and signed all of the big name free agents? ill bet a whole bunch of you. the only thing that irks me with Snyder is his inability to see we need a football guy running things. and that doesn't mean Mr. Cerrato
Old 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #26
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:

For every Washingtonian puff piece, I can find several articles about what a twerp Snyder is. If you're cool with $30 to park at FedEx Field and high ticket prices for a poor product, that's your business. I'm not cool with it. Diff'rent strokes and all.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #27
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
WE FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!

...Any good person would want the Redskins to win by any means...not just financial.
If I remember my history correctly, didn't some folks up in the Salem area back in 1692 or so do something similar to what's been going here with Snyder this week?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #28
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
what do you base this on? i guess the on field product/ wins and losses?
I'm tempted to reply: What else is there? In the end, owners should be judged by wins and losses, just as coaches are.

Quote:
because in my eyes, i like the fact that he will do what ever it takes to win.
This is the most commonly cited fallacy about Dan Snyder. He'll do anything to win. No, he won't. He might spend anything to win [and pass the cost on to the customers, of course], but he won't do anything to win. If he was willing to do anything to win, he'd fire himself and Vinny and hire a real GM.
Quote:
surer, he has made a lot of bad decisions. what owner hasn't?
Snyder has packed a lifetime of bad decision [and coaches] into 10 years.
Quote:
there aren't a lot of owners i would take over Snyder.
I would take virtually any owner over Snyder. I'm not impressed by his willingness to spend money, he has no idea how to spend it. I prefer an ownership that is careful with money, but spends it on good coaches, good personnel experts and good players. The Rooney's of Pittsburgh come to mind.
Quote:
the only thing that irks me with Snyder is his inability to see we need a football guy running things. and that doesn't mean Mr. Cerrato
Amigo, you just made the case against Snyder.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
Spence
Special Teams

Quote:
If I remember my history correctly, didn't some folks up in the Salem area back in 1692 or so do something similar to what's been going here with Snyder this week?
No. People in Salem were accused of crimes they did not commit and killed for them. That's actually nothing like what is happening with Snyder.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
For every Washingtonian puff piece, I can find several articles about what a twerp Snyder is. If you're cool with $30 to park at FedEx Field and high ticket prices for a poor product, that's your business. I'm not cool with it. Diff'rent strokes and all.
I agree...

It's more about actions than words for me...

You can tell the entire focus for the Redskins is money-centric. From high priced parking passes, to the $17 combo meals at Johnny Rockets, to only team who has charged admission to training camp, to always signing the biggest free agent contracts in NFL history at all positions.

Bottom line is this team's focus is the money and not the trophy.
Closed Thread