Replacement Players

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Replacement Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I have already made plans to purchase my tickets as of May 1st. I haven't yet decided what to do in the event a decision is made to actually go with replacement players.

/bangs head against wall

Read my post above about "Replacement Players". There will be none. This isn't a player strike.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's kind of funny how people talk about not wanting to see replacement players in the NFL...yet at the same time you hear about how players are overpaid and overrated money grubbing bastards who get paid to play a game. "Try getting a job in the real world" I thought these guys were a dime a dozen?
Let's be frank. Most average fans are idiots. I hate to be rude and even assholish about that point, but it's true. These are the same people that keep voting in the idiots that ruin our country and wonder why nothing changes.

It's hard for the average person to relate to these guys situation. You know why they can't? Because they don't have that sort of leverage at their jobs or couldn't fathom having such talent. I said before I felt that most people spouting that stuff were doing so out of jealousy from their inability to command that type of money for having a talent they were born with. These people aren't easily (if at all) replaceable regardless of what we think.

I mean, who should get the money out of selling millions of records? The record label or the artist? I say the artist. Without him, the record label would not even exist. I feel the same way about the NFL and the players.

If people's beef with the players is that they make too much, then my suggestion to them is to lower the value of the market by stop attending games and watching on TV. That is a surefire way to decrease the value (revenue) of both the owners and players.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
.....If people's beef with the players is that they make too much, then my suggestion to them is to lower the value of the market by stop attending games and watching on TV. That is a surefire way to decrease the value (revenue) of both the owners and players.
I will not watch replacement players and I have cancelled my NFL gameticket.
It is really time to send a message to these spoiled owners. Frankly I am tired of the owners whining about their split of $9 billion is not enough, but yet won't open the books all the way to prove it. All of this at a time when the value of the franchises are multiplying every year.
Ultimately this is an ego thing on the part of the owners. Owners hold cities hostage on the threat of moving the team if they do not get a brand new state of the art stadium, these billionaire owners want more and more. The value of franchises is multiplying year after year. Shouldn't that be enough?
If it is true there are a handful or more of owners that are cash poor, they need to sell your ****ing team and that will easily provide enough money for generations of their family to live off of. There are so many financially qualified people dying to buy an NFL team out there, but the existing owners that are cash poor do not want to sell because they want to remain being a famous NFL owner. Ego!. The players should not be asked to give money back. That is just stupid. Especially when there is a huge history of owners making millions while players like Joe Jocoby were making like $60,000 in his second or third year and being one of the top players at his position.
What is the biggest insult is the only reason the owners will not open their books all the way is the wealthy owners do not want the small market onwers to see what they are making for fear of more revenue sharing amongst owners. So ultimately this is the reason we are in a lock out. Not because of the players.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
/bangs head against wall

Read my post above about "Replacement Players". There will be none. This isn't a player strike.
I think the question posed by the poster was: Would you watch the games "if" they were played by replacements, not whether there will or won't be.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 04-12-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #20
saden1
MVP

I would rather watch cricket. Congratulations to India for winning the world cup.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #21
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I would rather watch cricket. Congratulations to India for winning the world cup.
Hooray for India! Pakistan and Sri Lanka defeated! Sachin Tendulkar is da man!

I'll be in India for most of May. My usual nightly entertainment will be Indian Premier League matches on tv. Go Rajasthan Royals!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

I got a new TV that has Internet connected to it so, every Sunday next year I will be watching YOUTUBE Sean Taylor Highlight clips for 3 hours at a time. Every single Sunday.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #23
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'll watch, just like I watched them the first time. To me it's not so much about the talent level as it is equality amongst the teams. If all the teams are on similar footing and the talent level is equal then I'll watch. If a team is chocked full of Pro's and no one else is and the Pro's are tearing it up winning every game then it will be boring.

Besides it's alway kinda neat to look at those players and wonder if any will remain after the Pro's come back.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #24
skinster
Impact Rookie

I would without a doubt watch. Might give us a chance to win.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #25
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Hooray for India! Pakistan and Sri Lanka defeated! Sachin Tendulkar is da man!

I'll be in India for most of May. My usual nightly entertainment will be Indian Premier League matches on tv. Go Rajasthan Royals!
Enjoy your stay.

Scientists find superbugs in Delhi drinking water | Reuters
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #26
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Thanks for the tip. I've been to India several times and always drink bottled water. I never drink the tap water or anything which might contain tap water and this was true before the advent of this "superbug."

India is a terrific place anyway.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

India is the shizzz.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I would without a doubt watch. Might give us a chance to win.
Exactly!!! It sure cant hurt our chances any!!! And the skins have won the Super Bowl the last two strike years!!! This could fullfill our destiny!!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Quote:
/bangs head against wall

Why are the skins holding tryouts for replacement players if thats not an option???
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
Brody81
Impact Rookie

I will watch, and enjoy just as much!!! I root for the jersey, not the crybaby players.
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote