Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ongoing CBA discussions

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you blame for the CBA mess?
Owners 24 26.67%
Players 24 26.67%
Both 42 46.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
acidsmurfman
Camp Scrub

Re: Ongoing CBA discussions

how about just add another round to the playoffs, give each division winner a bye week and have a true wildcard weekend

Advertisements
Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes. There is no law that the league must play 20 games. If they wanted to reduce the preseason, they could cut preseason games to 2 and still keep the 16 games schedule.
Agreed. Also, I think one of the biggest problems that fans, especially season ticket holders, have with the preseason is that we still have to pay full price for such a watered down product. I bet that if the NFL set some kind of a mandate that said teams could only charge, say, 50% of the regular season ticket price for preseason games less people would have a problem with them.
Obviously I see why the owners would never go for this idea, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Agreed. Also, I think one of the biggest problems that fans, especially season ticket holders, have with the preseason is that we still have to pay full price for such a watered down product. I bet that if the NFL set some kind of a mandate that said teams could only charge, say, 50% of the regular season ticket price for preseason games less people would have a problem with them.
Obviously I see why the owners would never go for this idea, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.
I thought pre-season games were cheaper all along.

Which reminds me. I got a call from the Redskins today saying that I am in line to purchase season tickets.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post

Which reminds me. I got a call from the Redskins today saying that I am in line to purchase season tickets.
Probably nose bleeds anyway. That's what happened to me. I went to a Nationals game two years ago and ran into two women on the metro who happened to be selling club level season tickets. Why I never bought them is beyond me. When the Skins office calls your number its usually bad ones from people I've talked to.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post

How can that be? The Redskins have sold out their last 30 bazillion games in a row and had 100,000,000 people on the waiting list for tix for the last two decades.

Must be your lucky day. Go buy a lottery ticket...

BTW, I have been called at least a half dozen times since Christmas regarding the purchase of season tickets for next year - - and parking for each game too plus I got a package in the mail identifying my "personal expediter" on the Skins' staff whom I could call any time to make my purchase.

Now hear this. I NEVER sought to have my name put on the mythical season ticket waiting list. They are calling folks on "mail lists" that they have assembled from demographic data in the area.

So much for sell-outs and thousands of folks on the waiting list to get tickets...

Oh, and exhibition games are the same price per game per seat as regular season games...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

I must be doing something wrong, I signed up for season tix a long time ago and have never heard anything
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #22
KLHJ2
Inactive

I am still on the list for the lower bowl, but from time to time they will offer you club level seats to 1. expedite you lower level waiting process 2. fill those expensive ass seats.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #23
IRISHSKIN24
Special Teams

guys!....let me give my boy D SNYDER a call...I'm sure we can get some quality tickets....
Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #24
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I must be doing something wrong, I signed up for season tix a long time ago and have never heard anything
those are all a diff email, phone, and postal address for me now

signed up in 03
Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #25
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

Well, here are the details:

Ticket pricing options including tax:
Front Endzone (rows 1-15) or Sideline/Corner (rows 16-29) - $704.00/season ticket
Front Sideline/Corner (rows 1-15) - $869.00/season ticket

Sideline seats: Section 409-446 and Section 419-436.
Endzone seats: Section 410-418 and Section 437-445.
You may enroll in our “automatic upgrade” program that upgrades your seats each year when available.

In addition to the cost of the ticket, there is a flat $25.00 processing and handling fee and a one-time activation fee of $100 per seat.

All that is required to reserve your 2011 season tickets is just a $50 per seat down payment.

I don't have the money this year nor am I close enough to go to more than maybe one home game. I tend to agree with SC on this one.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Glad to see the NFL stepping up for retirees, unfortunately the NFLPA wasn't included, and so it seems as much an attempt to divide and conquer versus serious concern for the retired players.

NFL.com news: NFL will pay long-term care insurance premiums for alumni
Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #27
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Goodell: Owners committed to agreement
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think the biggest thing right now is the 18 game "enhancement".

“We started this with the fans,” Goodell said. “The fans have clearly stated that they don’t like the preseason. We have a 20-game format, 16 regular season games and four preseason games, and the fans have repeatedly said the preseason games don’t meet NFL standards. And that is the basis on which we started this 18-game concept, taking two low-quality preseason games and turning them into two high-quality regular season games.”

A recent Associated Press poll, however, found that fan interest in an 18-game season was lukewarm at best. And NFL players are just about unanimous in their opposition to the 18-game season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/roger-goodell-18-game-season-is-what-fans-want/

So this is what I hate about Goodell, what hes saying is just not true. From everything ive seen the people who really don’t like the preseason are season ticket holders, and that’s only because they are forced to buy them at regular season cost even though the value is half at best. Everyone else maybe isn’t thrilled about watching preseason games but realize it’s a important part of the game to find hidden gems and build depth.

Then he calls the current system a “20 game format” and compares it to a “18-game concept”, which to me is the NFL’s attempt to make it sound like there are less games where players can get hurt. This is a completely inaccurate comparison. 2 preseason games would still remain and a 20 game format would still exist, just 2 games now become non-preseason games.

I also think what really ended up backfiring is the NFL trying to crack down on player safety this season and then also push for a 18 game season at the same time. People see through that, the timing is too coincidental.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The Early Lead - NFL, NFL Players Association cancel second day of talks
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #30
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

While I'm not surprised that the talks have already stalled to the point that they are canceling meetings, I am depressed about it. This is going to be one long offseason with every story being doom and gloom and not just about the Redskins either.
Closed Thread