Accountability

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i really think part of the reason for that is the fact that campbell stays composed and isn't celebrating when he completes a 15 yard pass

landry on the other hand will stop a guy on a run play after he has gained nine yards and stand up and mug everyone like he just caught an int and returned it for 6

not to mention campbell is producing and lookin good, landry is gettin exposed more and more
Plus what the hell is this guy celebrating a tackle or hit when his team is 3 and 9. He should look at the game tape to see himself acting like an idiot in front of the coaches who I hope say something to him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Jeez... Landry sure is public enemy #1 lately huh

I get it to a point, but some of the (over)reactions are a bit over the top.
I think a lot of his reactions are over the top. He could do a quick celebration like Fletcher or one of the d-linemen. Instead yesterday he's turned around waving to the crowd for what seemed like 10-15 seconds, after that 2nd and 10 he stopped after 7 yards he's clapping for the same amount of time, etc.

Get your head in the game, continue to make plays, and save your extended celebrations for the sideline or locker room. Someone must've said something to him because after that (or maybe the TDs) he stopped showboating so much.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Plus what the hell is this guy celebrating a tackle or hit when his team is 3 and 9. He should look at the game tape to see himself acting like an idiot in front of the coaches who I hope say something to him.
Part of my original point is that the coaches tolerate his woofing after making a tackle. The coaches have tolerated it all season. You don't see that crap in class organizations like NE, because it is not tolerated there. The coaches need to set a tone that is policed by the veterans, and it's clearly not happening for Landry.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Hard for a team to have accountability when a select few players and some of the coaches have a direct line to Danny Boy and others do not. How do you hold one of "the chosen few" accountable?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Part of my original point is that the coaches tolerate his woofing after making a tackle. The coaches have tolerated it all season. You don't see that crap in class organizations like NE, because it is not tolerated there. The coaches need to set a tone that is policed by the veterans, and it's clearly not happening for Landry.
Not so sure about that, I've seen Vince Wilfork do plenty of woofing after making a play.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Hard for a team to have accountability when a select few players and some of the coaches have a direct line to Danny Boy and others do not. How do you hold one of "the chosen few" accountable?
To this point. I really liked when Zorn came out and said that CP will play once he gets a full week of practice in. Granted, it took a concussion to get that statement out in the air. Nonetheless, I liked that Zorn took the moment to establish a clear line. I would like him to grow from that moment and establish it across the board, including Suisham, Landry, and a few others. Also, one can hope DS is seeing these young "nonames" like Ganther and others produce and realizes that he has to step back from personal / personnel involvement.

This could be a real turning point for the franchise under DS IF he allows the real world into his frame of reference.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I think a lot of his reactions are over the top. He could do a quick celebration like Fletcher or one of the d-linemen. Instead yesterday he's turned around waving to the crowd for what seemed like 10-15 seconds, after that 2nd and 10 he stopped after 7 yards he's clapping for the same amount of time, etc.

Get your head in the game, continue to make plays, and save your extended celebrations for the sideline or locker room. Someone must've said something to him because after that (or maybe the TDs) he stopped showboating so much.
I was talking about people's reactions here regarding LL.

Yeah the showboating is annoying I guess, but it's not a huge deal overall. I'm more concerned with him biting on double moves or not wrapping up on a tackle. If he wants to celebrate after a play I honestly don't have a huge problem with it. Plenty of guys do it. Devin Thomas gets pretty jacked after a play but I haven't heard anyone attacking him.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #23
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I was talking about people's reactions here regarding LL.

Yeah the showboating is annoying I guess, but it's not a huge deal overall. I'm more concerned with him biting on double moves or not wrapping up on a tackle. If he wants to celebrate after a play I honestly don't have a huge problem with it. Plenty of guys do it. Devin Thomas gets pretty jacked after a play but I haven't heard anyone attacking him.
Yeah I followed that.

I don't mind if he showboats if he blows a play up. I've seen him come into a tackle when the guy was already being pulled down from a LB and talk smack to the guy as he's still laying there for several seconds, even if it's a 6 yard run. That I definitely mind. He comes and knocks Brees on his ass like he did, don't mind it one bit.

Thomas gets jacked but he's a bit more classy about it, he's not in the CB's face after the play.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #24
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I'm in agreement with your assessment, the coaches as well as the players need to be held accountable. For a coach to make it known to a player that tackling is less important than making big plays (like interceptions) is a mistake. It sends the wrong message and could be one of the reasons why we see such uneven play that goes without correction.

It further demonstrates how preferences are shown between players, this could be because the lack of depth forces coaches to play players who do not always carry out their proper assignment. Once you've sent the wrong message it's difficult to come back later and atempt to crack the whip.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #25
firstdown
Living Legend

Maybe we should also pull a lineman out of a game after they allow a D lineman into the back field, pull our WR's when they drop a ball, bench JC when he throws a bad pass, etc... etc....
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Maybe we should also pull a lineman out of a game after they allow a D lineman into the back field, pull our WR's when they drop a ball, bench JC when he throws a bad pass, etc... etc....
they shouldn't be pulled out of the game but when they come off the feild there outta be a coach lighting a fire under their ass

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #27
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
they shouldn't be pulled out of the game but when they come off the feild there outta be a coach lighting a fire under their ass
You know this does not happen how? I guess your looking for one of those clipboard slinging coaches.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #28
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You know this does not happen how? I guess your looking for one of those clipboard slinging coaches.
by being at the games and beinn able to see the sidelines, they don't have to sling clipboards but i wouldn't mind them spitting in their face while they are yelling at them if thats what you are talkin about

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #29
calia
Playmaker

Maybe I am showing my age, but can't we do without the showboating entirely? Riggins was awesome -- when he scored a TD (which he did often), he would jog over and hand the ball to the ref. When Darrell Green intercepted a pass, he would just jog over to the sidelines and let the offense take over. Art Monk was not known for his endzone celebrations. I miss those kind of players.

Separately, and back to the subject of accountability, I would like Landry to simply say, "You're right. I bit on a few plays, and they cashed in, and I let down my teammates. I will work even harder to make sure it doesn't happen again -- my team and the fans deserve it." For all the Suisam bashing going on, at least he stepped up and admitted he blew it. And Ethan Albright took the blame for a high snap (even though it wasn't). It is a mark or professionalism to admit to a mistake -- but perhaps as importantly, if players like Landry cannot even admit to having made them, how can we reasonably expect for them to learn from them?
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This is what happens when the Redskins draft a guy named Landry