Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

DC Sports Bog: The Antwaan Randle El Mystery

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: DC Sports Bog: The Antwaan Randle El Mystery

Theisman brings up a great point of accountability on this team. Inconsistent, which fits the mold of the FO as well as the coaching on this team. They bench Carlos, but Hall and Laron get beat and they get a pass. ARE is god aweful on special teams, he gets a pass all day with his bs mistakes, but we cut kicker and chose to levy the two losses on him and overlook the countless other mistakes on the field. I wonder what the locker room thinks?...ARE shouldnt return next year, he doesnt bring it enough on the field and we have other "good locker room" guys...plus that contract...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #17
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Danny Smith or whoever the hell the Special Teams coach is needs to step it up...defense has been decent all season, offense is starting to pick it up, but there have been no outstanding performances by the special teams...not one. Only time they make the news is for messing up.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #18
dmek25
MVP

exactly what do you think that Smith is thinking every time he trots A.R.E out there? and why isn't Zorn saying enough is enough?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Danny Smith or whoever the hell the Special Teams coach is needs to step it up...defense has been decent all season, offense is starting to pick it up, but there have been no outstanding performances by the special teams...not one. Only time they make the news is for messing up.
On the Jim Zorn Show on ESPN980, Zorn just said that it was his decision to put ARE back there. Thom and Kevin asked if Danny Smith agreed with the decision and Zorn said there was no discussion about it.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #20
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS
Special Teams

Quote:
i'd argue that lorenzo alexander fucking owned on special teams sunday. he deserves some credit for that. but otherwise, i agree completely.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
RiggoDrill
Camp Scrub

ARE must have pictures of Zorn and Danny Smith partying "Tiger Style" in Vegas. Thats why he gets to keep returning punts. There is no other reasonable explanation for him to keep that job.
I am ready for ARE to make the jump to the broadcasting phase of his life. I was not impressed when the Skins signed him, and he has not produced in accordance with the value of his contract.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #22
Eknox
Impact Rookie

What about Landry? he's supposed to be the fastest Redskin anyway...lol
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
The fake PAT and fake punt by Smith were nice plays, and on FG's the team is now 20/23.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
You don't draft a punt returner. I would bet every cent that I have ever made that Devin Thomas, Cartwright, and Tryon would do a better job than Randle Fail.

It was bad enough when he was fair catching everything. Now he lets it roll or fumbles it. Continuing to put him out there is proving the insanity of one of the decision makers in the organization.
Chicago did. Hester. He was primarily a returner for a few years and is just recently becoming involved/converted to WR and isn't making the transition very well.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #25
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Kareem Moore for punt returner!

At least he'd get some yardage before dropping the ball.

DT and Moss are great back there, but it's a big risk to put your starting WRs on return duty.

Why not Malcolm Kelly? He's not involved any other way.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
redsk1
The Starter

Hell, why not Rock Cartwright.

DT, Moss, Tryon, or some combination. It does take some skill and we don't just want to stick someone back there. I just don't know how you could do much worse than ARE and the stats prove it.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #27
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS View Post
i'd argue that lorenzo alexander fucking owned on special teams sunday. he deserves some credit for that. but otherwise, i agree completely.
hell yeah he did

this is why i would have liked to have aldrige still on the team instead of mason, he has sick speed and if i'm not mistaken has won the best special teams player award in the cfl atleast once if not twice for returns

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
djnemo65
Playmaker

The punt return blocking might not be great but that doesn't excuse how awful ARE has been. People freak out every time he does something catastrophic like let a ball bounce off of his helmet, but the bigger issue has been his lack of consistent production and explosive plays for going on 4 years. If it turned out he has naked pictures of Dan Snyder it really wouldn't surprise me at this point, because I can't for the life of me figure out how he keeps that job.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #29
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Chicago did. Hester. He was primarily a returner for a few years and is just recently becoming involved/converted to WR and isn't making the transition very well.
He was a position player. Cornerback in fact. He was toasted so often in the nfl that they tried wide receiver.

He is actually improving and has had a handful of good games at wideout. He is their #1 receiver when healthy. He has been banged up recently.

I don't think we have the luxury of using our 1st or 2nd draft pick on a punt returner but our FO has certainly made worse moves.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #30
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Kareem Moore for punt returner!

At least he'd get some yardage before dropping the ball.

DT and Moss are great back there, but it's a big risk to put your starting WRs on return duty.

Why not Malcolm Kelly? He's not involved any other way.

I think that this idea of "big risk" putting our top wideouts out there is bogus.

One, Moss isn't producing enough as a wideout to be worried about that. Second, our offense isn't good enough that we can afford to "protect" anyone. Third, Jackson is Philly's best wideout and arguably a pro-bowler. They don't seem worried about protecting him.

This organization tends to follow a lot of stupid "unwritten" rules.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote