The rest of the 2009 season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: The rest of the 2009 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Interestingly, the Redskins are playing harder and hustling a whole lot more when their "high priced talent" is not on the field. I have my own hypothesis about why that is the case, but it is only a hypothesis so I'll keep it to myself. But I don't think there is much argument agaist the observation that this team is now playing harder and hustling more AS A TEAM.
I brought this up a while back and my theory is that you have players that are hungry and want to prove themselves, like the Gibbs I teams, were most players were mid to low round picks and undrafted FA. It's obvious that in this age of high priced FA, most of the time you don't get what you paid for. It's better to draft, develop and keep players.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #17
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I would hate to see what this offense would look like if he was still calling the plays.
But does it matter who's calling the plays so long as the system works?
And as of now, it seems to be working. It's only been for six weeks, but in those six weeks the Skins have averaged 23 points a game against a strong line-up of opponents. The next three games will be very important, but if it turns out that over a nine game span the combination of Zorn as head coach and Lewis as play-caller is a combination that scores points and wins games, then it's a combination that we should keep.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #18
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

This is how I see the future playing out... We win against the Cowboys and Giants, not sure against the Chargers. Without Pierce in the lineup the Giants aren't the same team. We will go 7-9.
Snyder will still hire Shannahan, I think his mind was made up on that week 2 of the season. He will get the HC/ President position., Vinny will stay as VP. The roster is going to change.
I think Campbell has saved his job, he won't leave Washington this year. Even if he is franchised. We will still draft a Qb, but I will also predict we will get back into the 1st to pick up a second player.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
This is how I see the future playing out... We win against the Cowboys and Giants, not sure against the Chargers. Without Pierce in the lineup the Giants aren't the same team. We will go 7-9.
Snyder will still hire Shannahan, I think his mind was made up on that week 2 of the season. He will get the HC/ President position., Vinny will stay as VP. The roster is going to change.
I think Campbell has saved his job, he won't leave Washington this year. Even if he is franchised. We will still draft a Qb, but I will also predict we will get back into the 1st to pick up a second player.
I think the better scenario would be, we fire Vinny and hire Holmgren as our GM/mentor reuniting him with Zorn.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #20
dmek25
MVP

at 3-9, the skins were arguably one of the worst teams in the league. while i feel good about the win, lets not over estimate our talent.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #21
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I think the better scenario would be, we fire Vinny and hire Holmgren as our GM/mentor reuniting him with Zorn.
me too. However I don't think Snyder will do that.

I don't think we are overating our talent, maybe your overating our opponents... dmek25