wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Kurt Warner threw 5 interceptions two weeks ago and threw for 5 TDs last week.

Guys like Warner, Favre and Cutler play to win games. They try to make the difficult throws instead of dumping off to a RB in the flat.

Cutler looked like crap last night but at the same time he can get hot and beat any team.
I will take him over JC everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Actually a couple of times last night, if Cutler had thrown some passes away or check down, he would have avoided some of those interceptions. Nice cliche, but QBs also have to be smart and Cutler is playing terrible ball.

I wouldn't take him or Campbell at this point. However, I would want a QB that takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions, we know JC is not that, but Cutler isn't either.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #17
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Kurt Warner threw 5 interceptions two weeks ago and threw for 5 TDs last week.

Guys like Warner, Favre and Cutler play to win games. They try to make the difficult throws instead of dumping off to a RB in the flat.

Cutler looked like crap last night but at the same time he can get hot and beat any team.
I will take him over JC everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Agreed, plus look at his wr's NOT one of them is close to what we have. Teams know all he has is Olsen and they lock onto him anytime he gets inside the 20. Hell his best wr is a converted return man. Im sure he would take our wr's in a heartbeat over those scrubs he has now. Plus SF was on him most of the night.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Actually a couple of times last night, if Cutler had thrown some passes away or check down, he would have avoided some of those interceptions. Nice cliche, but QBs also have to be smart and Cutler is playing terrible ball.

I wouldn't take him or Campbell at this point. However, I would want a QB that takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions, we know JC is not that, but Cutler isn't either.
Well said.

I'm always amazed when people say they could live with someone throwing picks as long as they are throwing TDs or not checking the ball down. A good QB knows when to take chances and when to check it down. Cutler is not playing smart football.

I think it's easy for people to say they would take Cutler, but I really think those same people would be up in arms and ready to run him out of town if we had him and his 17 INTs right now. He's hurting the Bears more than he's helping them. He's on pace to throw 30 picks. That's insane.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Its his first yr in the system
This excuse was brought to you by the JC supporters everywhere.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #20
Redskins
Camp Scrub

This is going to sound like a strange response which many of you will likely be completely unable to appreciate, but I attribute some of his failures to being diabetic. As a diabetic, I like to think I can see things occurring with just his facial expressions to include the color and consistency of his face and eyes. If they are red, distressed, and even if his lips are chapped I can get an idea of whether he is having a good day as a diabetic or a poor day. Often the signs I see make me think he is having a bad day. A bad day means he is weaker than other days, that his eyes may be blurry, that his decision making may be impaired and that his reactions may not be as crisp. The NFL is about elite athletes and I'm sad to say I'd never pick up a diabetic to play in the NFL, even one who is well controlled, as the reality is that it is a rollercoaster that other equally talented athletes don't need to deal with. Simply for the money and the profession, it's just not worth the risk to roll the dice on someone who has a factor outside of everyone else that may cause him to have a bad day and it’s a factor that often he can only control so much. Basically, he may actually be the most talented and best QB in the NFL, but I honestly believe his medical condition will never showcase these skills consistently enough to make others believe it. That’s not to say that I personally think he is the most talented, but the reality is that we’ll never know.
Redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

This is not a surprise to me. I knew he was erratic and didn't want him on the Skins. He's been proving me right all season. Sure he's had a couple of good games, but now he has a 5-INT game a 4-INT game and a 3-INT game this season. On the year, 17 INTs and 14 TDs.

Campbell is far more efficient and less-prone to mistakes, even without an offensive line. Cutler's line is nothing special, but Campbell has been sacked 6 more times even though he's a better runner than Cutler.

Cutler = 76.0 passer rating, 62.4 comp%, 17 INTs, 7 fumbles
Campbell = 86.5 passer rating, 66.2 comp%, 8 INTs, 8 fumbles (how many were Rabach's fault?)

Cutler has 9 INTs in the red zone in the past two years, more than double of ANY other QB in the NFL.

Cutler has 8 second-half INTs. Campbell has only 2 and has brought the team back from behind many times, even though we don't make it ALL the way back.

As for the Broncos, they're going to end up like the 2008 Skins...6-2, then 2-6 in the second half.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #22
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins View Post
This is going to sound like a strange response which many of you will likely be completely unable to appreciate, but I attribute some of his failures to being diabetic. As a diabetic, I like to think I can see things occurring with just his facial expressions to include the color and consistency of his face and eyes. If they are red, distressed, and even if his lips are chapped I can get an idea of whether he is having a good day as a diabetic or a poor day. Often the signs I see make me think he is having a bad day. A bad day means he is weaker than other days, that his eyes may be blurry, that his decision making may be impaired and that his reactions may not be as crisp. The NFL is about elite athletes and I'm sad to say I'd never pick up a diabetic to play in the NFL, even one who is well controlled, as the reality is that it is a rollercoaster that other equally talented athletes don't need to deal with. Simply for the money and the profession, it's just not worth the risk to roll the dice on someone who has a factor outside of everyone else that may cause him to have a bad day and it’s a factor that often he can only control so much. Basically, he may actually be the most talented and best QB in the NFL, but I honestly believe his medical condition will never showcase these skills consistently enough to make others believe it. That’s not to say that I personally think he is the most talented, but the reality is that we’ll never know.
Interesting theory. I appreciate that you have some sympathy for his condition, but are able to look at it from a business perspective & say that you wouldn't invest heavily in him.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

In all fairness to Cutler some of those picks were not his fault. But no question he's been very careless w/ the ball this year and it's probably cost them some games.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think it was either Schefter or Peter King who tweeted that in one of those picks there the ref may have interfered with Devin Hester's route. I still can't believe that lineman that picked him off though, I mean one thing is when the pass is tipped and the lineman picks up in the air, but that guy went up to get the ball.

I wonder if a good GM would be able to steal a pick from the Bears for Santana Moss?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
Defensewins
Playmaker

I am tired of some today's QB's that throw for a ton of yards and they think they are better than past guys. The reality is the rules have changed to increase scoring and offense. You can not compare John Elway and other past greats to some of today's pretenders. You can not compare stats to stats. It is not apples to apples.
Rules like you can not touch a receiver after five yards, liberalizing certain types of holding for O-lineman and of course the now controversial QB protection rules like the Brady rule where you can not breath on a Qb with out getting a 15 yarder.
The NFL is turning the game in to a flag football league, a lot of passing and scoring to satisfy today's attention deficit disorder audience who only care or pay attention when a TD is scored.
They penalize good defense because it might cut into their ratings.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #26
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I thought the bears would go after Chambers.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
In all fairness to Cutler some of those picks were not his fault. But no question he's been very careless w/ the ball this year and it's probably cost them some games.
His crybaby and finger-pointing attitude with his teammates when it happens doesn't help either.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #28
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins View Post
Interesting perspective. You may be right.

My issue with Cutler is from the intangibles standpoint. He never really shows any fire. I think to an extent a QB does have to be a bit of a rah rah guy. I mean, after one of the INTs, the camera showed Cutler laughing with what looked like an equipment guy on the sideline. He just seemed totally unaffected. Sure a few of the picks may not have been his fault, but two in the red zone were for sure, including one with the game on the line. He just doesn't seem to care.

Jay Cutler has been a punk since his days at Vandy (I'll never forget him mouthing off all game vs Florida in the Swamp and the cameras showing his father barking at some female Gator fans in the stands). The way he handled his departure from the Broncos pretty much confirmed that I'll never really give a sh*t about him.

I'm sure Josh McDaniels had a big grin when he saw Cutler's stat line from last night's game.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #29
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So happy I had him in Fantsay line up. Piece of crap!
I'm glad I started SF defense in one of my leagues! However, Vernon Davis' 16 yards canceled out most of it.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Its his first yr in the system
This excuse was brought to you by the JC supporters everywhere.
Well played.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote