Michael peels back the curtain at Redskins Park in interview with Wise

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Michael peels back the curtain at Redskins Park in interview with Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
6 draft picks and all we get is horton, Great draft vinny...
actually the jury is still out on horton. he's not playing well this year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Hmm, interesting. Here all along I've been shouting Marty's name from the top of a tree.

I'll say this. When Marty was canned in KC players all had nothing but nice things to say about him and even went so far as to say he should not have been let go.

Marty works for the Skins and becomes a complete ass forcing several players to go complain about his hard nose approach to football.

Then he gets hired by San Diego and the team has several winning seasons. One being a 14-2 season. When fired no one said anything bad about him except the owner. and the thing mentioned was Marty was told his son Kurt was not going to be named the DC after HR Puff and Stuff went to Dallas. Marty purchased plane tickets for his son Kurt to fly to San Diego and the owner got pissed that Marty was not listening to him and fired him.

I think it's even funnier that if he was a complete ass we would be hearing something from his two kids about how it was growing up in the Shottenheimer house hold. Yet nothing.

I think Marty is good at evaluating talent and if he is looking for a job in the front office then he might not be a bad GM especially to a team who's owner is willing to step back and designate authority.
GREAT POST. Michael was just dogging Marty. Made it sound like he was just too hard to be around. I found that very hard to believe. The guy reeks of leadership to me.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #18
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
He also recognized that this team needed a change at QB, doesn't look like he was that far off does it ? I know that there are many threads about JC, just making a point.
If you are assuming Jason Campbell is the entire problem. I am not sure that he is. I tend to blame it on poor defense and failure to build the offensive line. But that is just me.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
Maybe so, but that's not what Michael said either.
I think thats SmootSmacks point and mine. GMicheals makes it sound like Marty was let go cause no one liked him or could get along with him which is a half truth. Only some of the players could not get along with Marty....the ones who don't like hard nosed coach's. but in actuality Marty was fired cause he wanted to be GM and HC which DS was not going to let happen. Marty said then fire me. ....and he was.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #20
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post

I am sure Al Davis wants to win too.
yeah, 'just win, baby'
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think thats SmootSmacks point and mine. GMicheals makes it sound like Marty was let go cause no one liked him or could get along with him which is a half truth. Only some of the players could not get along with Marty....the ones who don't like hard nosed coach's. but in actuality Marty was fired cause he wanted to be GM and HC which DS was not going to let happen. Marty said then fire me. ....and he was.
Fair enough, but my point was simply that, regardless of the real reason why Marty was fired, the fact is that Michael's comment on the matter sure seemed to place blame on Marty's ability to play well with others.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

And then I've got Jason, God love you, Jason, if I can see Antwaan Randle-El standing by himself with no one within 100 yards of him...then the quarterback's got to see it.

"And when things like that are happening, it becomes very frustrating. And that's why Zorn says we're making improvements, what he should have said was folks there were plays where we had guys that were ready to score touchdowns but we didn't get the ball in their hands. That I would have understood."

I have said in the past on several threads that JC has a problem seeing the field. I have not been to a game sense the Giants beat us in 07 when they went on their SB run. I posted in that game JC missed like 8 or 10 wide open guys while dumping off the ball. It was so bad in that game that even my wife commented about guys wide open and not getting the ball. Its hard to see on TV so I stopped saying that as I was not sure if it was still a problem and maybe it is.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
redsk1
The Starter

He kind of makes Snyder out to be an idiot, which he is not. I know that's not what GM intented. Come on though, DS has got to know status quo is not working.

He's losing games and the goodwill of Skins fans. Their's still plenty of time left this season, but if it doesn't dramatically turn around, it's time to reorganize, rebuild the team and some goodwill.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

George Michael is a bubbling idiot. The reason Snyder is an absolute failure is that he is making the big decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid ass needs to hire a real GM. Vinny's days are over, he has done a poor job. This whole thing about not "wanting" to fire Zorn is a true statement, he doesnt want to, but he will if we dont make the playoffs. This article brings nothing to light, yes Marty was a tough guy to work with everybody knew that!!!!!!!!!!! Snyder didnt like G. Williams yes we knew that after he was fired...I work with people I dont like all day long, but he would have done a better job than Zorn period and if we are winning who gives a sh*t. This article makes supports what I already know, Snyder has no f*ing clue what he is doing, jack*ss
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #25
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
I think the interview of Snyder's friend shed some light on what many of us speculated.

He is the GM and does make the decisions on who come sand who goes. He is clueless there is a problem, even if he recognizes our franchise is not winning. I guess I cannot really understand that. If you are not winning, why would you not ask yourself what you could do different.
See I didn't get that at all from what GM said. That's the difference that SmootSmack cites between "supporters and bashers". People who hate DS read something like that and get a totally different picture than I did.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
If you are assuming Jason Campbell is the entire problem. I am not sure that he is. I tend to blame it on poor defense and failure to build the offensive line. But that is just me.
I believe the coach's have to work with what they have. You have an ok QB like JC then you must have a great O-line to give him time to get the ball off and you put playmakers around him at TE, RB and WR. No different then Dallas with Romo, and the Giants and Eli.

If you have a great QB then you might get away with a mediocre O-line like the Patriots and Brady.

My personall feeling is an awsome coach can taylor his scheme to fit the players talents. ....ie; Gibbs1-who went 0-5 changed a few things and went 8-8 by seasons end. Then did great things after. Our problem is the coach's weve hired have not been able to do this.....ie; Spurrier, Zorn.

Norv was not as bad as people believe. My personall feelings is he's a better OC then a HC. I think he takes on to many duties when he takes a HC job. I think Marty would have had the Skins winning had he stayed another yr, but DS was not up for the expierment and fired him.

Could, would, can DS put his personal feelings aside, move Cerrato into a more contract oriented position, Hire a "Football" GM, and bring in a HC that has proven himself atleast at the OC position? Then sit back and eat hot dogs and popcorn on Sundays and write checks during the week and smile at the SB?

I'm going to still lobby....Marty Schottenheimer for GM-I think he is a good talent evaluator, would put the players on notice, and most likely not throw away all DS's money at older or washed up players. Then bring in his son Brian Schottenheimer as HC-cause there's no doubt he would not get along with his son, and Brian has proven himself with the Jets as an OC (read the write up:Brian Schottenheimer : Offensive Coordinator : Official Jets Bio : New York Jets Team News). Defensively I don't know who I would I would put in as DC, but since GW left the system, although 4th ranked, seems to be having more and more difficulty trying to be succesfull last yr and this yr.

I have also lobbied to move to a 3-4 as it is the flavor of the time but as pointed out on Redskins Nation AH is older now and injury prone so that option may not be on the table unless we go after a nose tackle that's healthy in the draft.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
No I'm actually talking about him. Not the D, not the line that was good enough for 1,400 + on teh ground, but him. The guy whose deep ball is one of the most inaccurate passes that I've seen, the guy that doesn't know his protection schemes, the guy that was not a "leader" for this team until Snyder made it known that he will be gone if he doesn't get it together. That guy. When Snyder loved him and everyone hated him. Pointed out his faults until Snyder saw him as expendable. Then everyone loved him, and felt like he could do no wrong. So look at everything else but IMO Danny was right on this. For everyone that has said that JC isn't the problem, I have yet to read/hear/see anyone mention that he deserves an extention. I doubt that I ever will.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
Fair enough, but my point was simply that, regardless of the real reason why Marty was fired, the fact is that Michael's comment on the matter sure seemed to place blame on Marty's ability to play well with others.
Well, there are players coach's...Norv, Spurrier, Zorn. and there are non players coach's...Gibbs, Marty. Some have said Zorn's replacement should be someone who could instill discipline. A disciplinarian is not a players coach and most likely would not play well with others....atleast from the players stand point.

At this point I would rather have a HC who doesn't play well with others getting the team to 14-2 seasons so we can make the playoff and have a chance at the SB vs a players coach getting us to 8-8 and another season of possibly 8-8 or worse with out a chance.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
No I'm actually talking about him. Not the D, not the line that was good enough for 1,400 + on teh ground, but him. The guy whose deep ball is one of the most inaccurate passes that I've seen, the guy that doesn't know his protection schemes, the guy that was not a "leader" for this team until Snyder made it known that he will be gone if he doesn't get it together. That guy. When Snyder loved him and everyone hated him. Pointed out his faults until Snyder saw him as expendable. Then everyone loved him, and felt like he could do no wrong. So look at everything else but IMO Danny was right on this. For everyone that has said that JC isn't the problem, I have yet to read/hear/see anyone mention that he deserves an extention. I doubt that I ever will.
who are you talking about?......JC?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
redsk1
The Starter

Everyone hated Tom Coughlin and were ready to fire him if you remember. They start winning and he's a god now.

Players and FO's like to win. Winning cures alot. Marty is a winner. He has been no matter where he goes.

I too would welcome a new GM and an experienced OC/DC as our new coach like a Brian Schott. FO has got to change though.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote