Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What are you going to do about it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: What are you going to do about it?

I got an idea, everyone with season tickets ....give them to an opposing team fan, let our home field for once look like an away game so DS see's the fans are not happy and see what he's in for if he thinks fans are going to tolerate mediocracy and pay full price for the crap that keeps getting shoveled out of the organization.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunellMVP? View Post
I hear you, but come on- your 25,000+ post disagree that the skins are a major part of your life.
I mean they're not a major part of my life in that their success has no real bearing on me. I love the team and I love talking about them with intelligent fans, and Matty has led the way in making this this best place for that so I post a lot here.

But they are, at the end of the day, simply a diversion.

I spent four years with the Redskins being a very major part of my life and it was during that time that I realized they didn't need to be. Still love them though
Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean they're not a major part of my life in that their success has no real bearing on me. I love the team and I love talking about them with intelligent fans, and Matty has led the way in making this this best place for that so I post a lot here.

But they are, at the end of the day, simply a diversion.

I spent four years with the Redskins being a very major part of my life and it was during that time that I realized they didn't need to be. Still love them though
Nice post!

Sadly I use to be this guy, I know better now.

YouTube - Upset Clemson Fan Overreacting to the Georgia Tech Loss
Old 09-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #19
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I got an idea, everyone with season tickets ....give them to an opposing team fan, let our home field for once look like an away game so DS see's the fans are not happy and see what he's in for if he thinks fans are going to tolerate mediocracy and pay full price for the crap that keeps getting shoveled out of the organization.
There arent enough tampa fans that will take the tickets, even for free
Old 09-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
For me it is a escape for three hours on a sunday afternoon, if that escape is pissing me off I turn it off.
This is a struggle for some of us.
I feel like an alcoholic or something...I know if I watch, I may regret it...but the game is out there...I drink it...and sometimes...like yesterday...I puke!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
Steven4est22

This is bullshit guys. We are redskins fans. Not everyone is a winner in this league. If you want to be a winner join the pats bandwagon. If your a true skins fan you stick with them through thick and thin. Yes we suck, yes we lossed but who cares i still believe we are the best team in the league and can still make a superbowl run. Why??? Because i was born a skins fan and will be until i die. Snyder does what we want. He buys us players that he thinks as well as we think will winn us a championship. Zorn goes for it on 4th down. This is a team for the fans by the fans. If you dont like it dont be a skins fan because we dont need you if your only gonna like them after a win. Hail to the redskins and lets look forward to this week!!!
Steven4est22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I have little to no life outside of rooting for the Skins. Losses like this crush what little bit of soul I have left.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven4est22 View Post
This is bullshit guys. We are redskins fans. Not everyone is a winner in this league. If you want to be a winner join the pats bandwagon. If your a true skins fan you stick with them through thick and thin. Yes we suck, yes we lossed but who cares i still believe we are the best team in the league and can still make a superbowl run. Why??? Because i was born a skins fan and will be until i die. Snyder does what we want. He buys us players that he thinks as well as we think will winn us a championship. Zorn goes for it on 4th down. This is a team for the fans by the fans. If you dont like it dont be a skins fan because we dont need you if your only gonna like them after a win. Hail to the redskins and lets look forward to this week!!!
Welcome to the board and well done.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
That is the kind of logic that gets most fanatics into trouble.
It makes no sense.

This sounds more like religon than being a fan.
Not judging...cause I've been there too....still am, kinda.

I'd like to be a Skins fan without all the pain...somehow, we gotta find the solution....I think the solution is put them at a lower priority level.
You will know you do when you actually choose something else over watching the game...I am not there yet.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #25
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Seriously??? You may want to rethink your priorities in life.

You sound like Abe Lincoln but you are talking about a football team.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #26
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
It makes no sense.

I'd like to be a Skins fan without all the pain...somehow, we gotta find the solution....I think the solution is put them at a lower priority level.
You will know you do when you actually choose something else over watching the game...I am not there yet.
What is "fan" shortened from?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I have little to no life outside of rooting for the Skins. Losses like this crush what little bit of soul I have left.
AMD - there are always exceptions to the rule. And you live to be the exception...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #28
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
What is "fan" shortened from?
My point is that this comment sound more like a "faith" issue and a "core identity" of who you are and your purpose in life rather than being a fan of a football team hoping that they win more than lose...again...not judging because I see myself in that comment...I am just trying to become less extreme with my skins' needs
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
It makes no sense.

I took my wife and her sister and their friends out to lunch and then clothes and shoe shopping yesterday. Granted, I hung out outside the stores and followed the game on my phone until I could get home and watch it, but still...
Old 09-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #30
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I took my wife and her sister and their friends out to lunch and then clothes and shoe shopping yesterday. Granted, I hung out outside the stores and followed the game on my phone until I could get home and watch it, but still...
Baby steps, baby steps....good job SS! Next week do the same but without phone updates you can do it! =)

It is tought to have a NFL free Sunday in fall, I am honestly going to try this Sunday, completely free.