Manders vs Broncos pre game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2023, 06:36 PM   #16
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Re: Manders vs Broncos pre game

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This may come as a shock to some but Chase will be watching from the sideline. Trade this guy now for anything. Literally anything. I’m so sick of talking about him not playing.
I feel like we have more talent than Denver but Payton vs Ron scares me.
Gotta go with my heart though, and we have to win the winnable games!
Us 31
Them 21

Sam goes 24/33 for 274 and 3 td’s.
I agree
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2023, 06:37 PM   #17
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I would not give up on Chase Young this early in the season. If you feel you must trade him, wait until he returns to action, hope he has a streak of good games and, if he does, trade him then for more value.
While I agree with your logic, I'd be afraid that he gets hurt again.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 10:26 PM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I would not give up on Chase Young this early in the season. If you feel you must trade him, wait until he returns to action, hope he has a streak of good games and, if he does, trade him then for more value.
Agreed, right now no one would agree to take on him, not even for a 7th rounder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:49 AM   #19
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Big opportunity to start 2-0. It won't be easy. Whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

And I think it's silly to be talking about trading CY at this point. He tore his ACL and missed time. He's not the first one to miss a year due to that injury. It's actually fairly common in this sport. Now has a neck stinger. Again, it's normal to miss some time for that injury. Probably just a couple weeks or they would have put him on the PUP list. He can still come back and wreak havoc. I personally want to see a fully healthy CY added to what we saw on Sunday.

We will see it eventually I think, but Im afraid what we will see will be fairly pedestrian for the number two overall pick because that is all I have seen minus a few games his rookie year. Guy is one dimensional on the edge.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:31 PM   #20
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Very interested to see how the offense and Howell play in this one. Hope to see some quicker passes. Think not being home will actually have less pressure on Howell. Hope for a better performance for the offense. More pressure on Denver for this game, but no doubt a winnable game for Washington.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:46 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/9/13/...anders-defense

Yes. Cody Barton is disgustingly awful.
Two former LB’s running the D and year after year they trot out complete garbage. And enough with JDR’s defense doesn’t need good linebackers. The only defense that doesn’t need good linebackers is one that welcomes the idea of getting gashed up the middle by backs and TE’s.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:53 PM   #22
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/9/13/...anders-defense

Yes. Cody Barton is disgustingly awful.
Two former LB’s running the D and year after year they trot out complete garbage. And enough with JDR’s defense doesn’t need good linebackers. The only defense that doesn’t need good linebackers is one that welcomes the idea of getting gashed up the middle by backs and TE’s.
Khaleke Hudson played well at the end of last season, I don't know why he's not being used more by JDR.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-13-2023, 05:45 PM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Very interested to see how the offense and Howell play in this one. Hope to see some quicker passes. Think not being home will actually have less pressure on Howell. Hope for a better performance for the offense. More pressure on Denver for this game, but no doubt a winnable game for Washington.

Completely off topic but how did you change your name to WCommandersfan99? I didn’t know we were able to change them. Who did you used to be? Lol
Old 09-13-2023, 06:02 PM   #24
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Completely off topic but how did you change your name to WCommandersfan99? I didn’t know we were able to change them. Who did you used to be? Lol
Yeah, WTH. I need to be scskinsfan2001.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:19 PM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Yeah, WTH. I need to be scskinsfan2001.

I would be lost if I couldn’t say SD. SC doesn’t have the same ring to it. No offense SC. Lol.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:01 PM   #26
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I see a much better game from Howell and running game vs the Broncos, I want to see the TE's being used more, especially Turner.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:04 PM   #27
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I see a much better game from Howell and running game vs the Broncos, I want to see the TE's being used more, especially Turner.
Agreed . . . Turner looked far better than Thomas last week. I'll give Thomas a little break though as it was his first game back from injury, so he hadn't been playing much and hadn't had a lot of time with Howell. I think he'll improve over time, but I still think Turner will be ahead of him by end of season. Turner has great hands and seems to play a bit faster too.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 06:58 AM   #28
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
I send a message to a site administrator with the request. Formerly, "The Skinsinator". Felt that was untimely now on many fronts lol.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:35 AM   #29
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Big opportunity to start 2-0. It won't be easy. Whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

And I think it's silly to be talking about trading CY at this point. He tore his ACL and missed time. He's not the first one to miss a year due to that injury. It's actually fairly common in this sport. Now has a neck stinger. Again, it's normal to miss some time for that injury. Probably just a couple weeks or they would have put him on the PUP list. He can still come back and wreak havoc. I personally want to see a fully healthy CY added to what we saw on Sunday.
I saw recently that the NFLPA has joined the ranks of European football in advocating replacing turf with natural grass. (Welcome to the 21t century NFL you are the last ones here). Citing reduction of injuries. Goodell said while true some players prefer turf because it is a faster game. Personally I think that is code for increased profits because casual fans like track meets in helmets and pads. Personally I always like grass games. Leads to balance in the offense and then skill is just as important as speed.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:06 AM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I saw recently that the NFLPA has joined the ranks of European football in advocating replacing turf with natural grass. (Welcome to the 21t century NFL you are the last ones here). Citing reduction of injuries. Goodell said while true some players prefer turf because it is a faster game. Personally I think that is code for increased profits because casual fans like track meets in helmets and pads. Personally I always like grass games. Leads to balance in the offense and then skill is just as important as speed.
This is also code word for owners not wanting to spend the money to do this.
R.I.P. #21