Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Cards post game

Impressed:

-defense didn’t allow a touchdown
-Dline mvp today, Payne, Sweat and Allen wrecked shop

Distressed:
- 3 turnovers
- gave up at least 6 sacks
- cardinals seemed coached to use their helmet as a weapon…seriously fuck off with that dirty shit

Mixed
- EB
- Howell
- run game

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2023, 06:09 PM   #17
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I would almost prefer Cosmi or Lucas at RT, the fumble came from EB leaving Wylie on an island when backed up to our endzone, should have kept in some help for him.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:09 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If some are not convinced with Howell. Would you rather have Cousins, Wentz or Heinecken? None of them, rather have SH. He will prove it the more he plays.
Yeah I would take Kirk right now over Sam because Kirk is a better QB. We are one game in and he was shaky at best. Long long way to go, this is his first year starting but he's got a lot to clean up. He almost threw a pick 6 which would have been a back breaker. The fumble was all on him too. The line, EB and Sam have a long way to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:23 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah I would take Kirk right now over Sam because Kirk is a better QB. We are one game in and he was shaky at best. Long long way to go, this is his first year starting but he's got a lot to clean up. He almost threw a pick 6 which would have been a back breaker. The fumble was all on him too. The line, EB and Sam have a long way to go.
Sam made mistakes but he was able to overcome them. Hopefully he, EB, and the line can grow from this game. But at the end of the day, they won the game, and that's what important.

As with last year's opening week, there were a lot of "bad" teams that came to play and some of them won.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:40 PM   #20
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
If some are not convinced with Howell. Would you rather have Cousins, Wentz or Heinecken? None of them, rather have SH. He will prove it the more he plays.
Cousins? Was he on your mind and you accidently typed his name? If not yeah of course I'd rather have Cousins anyone would.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:58 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

Sam looked like a rookie. He’s got a long way to go. EB needs to help him out more with the play calling. He was calling plays like Mahomes was out there.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:38 PM   #22
Hoglips
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sam looked like a rookie. He’s got a long way to go. EB needs to help him out more with the play calling. He was calling plays like Mahomes was out there.
Yep. "nuttes le numbe" Damn, but we weaseled out the win! We live to fret another day...
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:08 PM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Cousins? Was he on your mind and you accidently typed his name? If not yeah of course I'd rather have Cousins anyone would.
Let’s clarify this. How did Cousins look his 1st year vs Howell? SH will be a much better QB than Cousins and it won’t take long.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:34 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

As I said before, I needed this win. I don't really care that it wasn't very pretty. And I don't mind the ugly so much because I switched channels enough to know that there were a lot of poorly played games today, especially on the offensive side of the ball. In general, it looks like the defenses are ahead of the offenses at this point. Numerous teams that won today had offenses that didn't play very well and all of those teams have one positive thing in common - they are 1-0.

We all knew that our defense was going to have to carry us again this year. If the offense can just score a little more than they did last season, we should have a decent W-L record.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:35 PM   #25
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Sam made mistakes but he was able to overcome them. Hopefully he, EB, and the line can grow from this game. But at the end of the day, they won the game, and that's what important.

As with last year's opening week, there were a lot of "bad" teams that came to play and some of them won.
I would say that the reason all the mistakes were overcame was cause the Cards didn't have a NFL offense. I was thinking that we would blow this team out. The best part of the game was the crowd. That was great to see.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:39 PM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
For all of the hype, I thought EB was a huge disappointment. He has to realize that we are not KC. More runs, more under center and more hard play action. Less shotgun with long developing routes.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:45 PM   #27
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Let’s clarify this. How did Cousins look his 1st year vs Howell? SH will be a much better QB than Cousins and it won’t take long.
Kirk had some huge games early in his career. People forget that and only remember the picks. There was plenty of positives early w/ Kirk that you could see he was going to be a good NFL starter. I think Sam has the potential and he certainly has the weapons around him. But Ron has failed him with the line. A young QB must be protected. This line is garbage.
Old 09-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #28
rocnrik
Playmaker

We all said wouldn’t it be nice if we had a QB with Taylor’s heart and determination but with a real NFL arm … that’s exactly what we have in Sam ..
My takeaways from game ..

The Cards are NOT the worse team in league ..
We are a work in progress ( but we knew that going in)..
Gibson fumbles are maddening..
With this Oline I expect Sam will have more strip sack fumbles ..
I would trade Young if we could and go after legit Oline help … we can’t pay all those Dline…
The Refs are horrible and if there is a word more horrible they are it… they ruin the game ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:07 PM   #29
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
We all said wouldn’t it be nice if we had a QB with Taylor’s heart and determination but with a real NFL arm … that’s exactly what we have in Sam ..
My takeaways from game ..

The Cards are NOT the worse team in league ..
We are a work in progress ( but we knew that going in)..
Gibson fumbles are maddening..
With this Oline I expect Sam will have more strip sack fumbles ..
I would trade Young if we could and go after legit Oline help … we can’t pay all those Dline…
The Refs are horrible and if there is a word more horrible they are it… they ruin the game ..
Yes, we can pay Sweat and Young. Have you seen the number of players the 49ers are paying? Next year you cut, Leno, Thomas, Samuel, Fuller (that's a chunk of change).

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:43 PM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Cousins couldn't outplay Baker Mayfield today, even though he has the best WR in football; yeah he threw for 300 yds, but had a pick, two lost fumbles, and no TDs. I really wish fans of this team would stop pining over him.

Moving on from that, I had higher expectations of EBs playcalling, but he needs to adjust better and help Howell. I do think the AZ d-line is underrated though, but yeah, this o-line needs work.

Sam can't be throwing the ball 30 times. Run game needs to be better period. Also, I'm really getting sick of Gibson and his redzone fumbles. We probably would have gone up at least 10-6 if it wasn't for him early on.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote