Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-22-2023, 10:05 AM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Changing The Team Name, Give It A Rest!!

I just don't see them changing the name again. This is not some easy thing to do.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-22-2023, 01:19 PM   #17
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Of course you're right but if the new owners want a new name and new uniforms that would be fine with me as long as they don't want something uninspired. The silly looking pig with the horrible name must go whether or not the new owners make any other changes.
If the new owner's priority is to change the name, then we're in trouble. There are a TON of priorities for this new ownership team to deal with. Thankfully it seems that this is not a priority whatsoever for Harris and Co.

I'm honestly sick of the name talk, it is only being brought up by delusional fans who think somehow they are going to bring the old name back, sulky fans that didn't get their choice, and media folks who just want to stir the pot for clicks.

Also, Snyder put on a bigger stain on this team by his toxic/abusive work culture/environment, the YEARS of losing on and off the field, and him gutting this team financially to support his lifestyle. So people need to GTFOH with the whole "the name is a Snyder stain" BS.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #18
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Of course you're right but if the new owners want a new name and new uniforms that would be fine with me as long as they don't want something uninspired. The silly looking pig with the horrible name must go whether or not the new owners make any other changes.

I thought it was bad as well but have you ever googled NFL mascots, try it. there are so really bad ones out there.

Example:

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/t-rac/

I never realized the number of teams with stupid mascots.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:37 PM   #19
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Leave Tuddy alone!
Old 05-22-2023, 01:51 PM   #20
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Leave Tuddy alone!
Pardon me, I have to go take a tuddy.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:40 PM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Pardon me, I have to go take a tuddy.
That's why it's great. It can be used in all sorts of references!
Old 05-22-2023, 09:53 PM   #22
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

I think the name should be changed. Name is horrible but not the worst thing Snyder has done. However, there are other things that should be addressed first. I don't see the NFL allowing the name Redskins coming back (they will always be the Redskins to me) or letting them use the last logo before the name change. Old uniforms should come back - the ones we have now are horrible.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:20 PM   #23
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree 10000% change the damn name ………….. back to REDSKINS .. anything else doesn’t matter … and for the fans that hate the commanders name .. let me guess you like the Red wolves .. because it reminds you of redskins .. I get it however didn’t the team run into legal issues with using that name?? The whole wolf/wolves to me is no better than the commanders.. and don’t get me started on the other names we could have been .. the monuments,admirals, for goodness sake the Football team .. that was a damn joke .. unless it’s a name I gave not heard I’m happy with commanders unless it goes back to Redskins .. and that ain’t gonna happen ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:13 PM   #24
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
From some rumblings we've heard so far it doesn't sound like the name will be changed.

If they do decide to change it, the new name better be a home run that wins over the majority or the new ownership groups risks souring fans right off the bat. I think they'd be better off putting their time and resources elsewhere but we shall see.

It risks souring 20% of the fans who say keep the name (But probably not since it looks like that group will accept anything) and placating a large percentage of the 80% that hate the stain. So it probably would be wise if they want a happy (happier) fanbase to change the name.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:17 PM   #25
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm honestly sick of the name talk, it is only being brought up by delusional fans who think somehow they are going to bring the old name back, sulky fans that didn't get their choice, and media folks who just want to stir the pot for clicks.

=.
If your sick of the talk you better hope they change it otherwise that talk is going to stay permanently.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:59 AM   #26
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I agree 10000% change the damn name ………….. back to REDSKINS .. anything else doesn’t matter … and for the fans that hate the commanders name .. let me guess you like the Red wolves .. because it reminds you of redskins .. I get it however didn’t the team run into legal issues with using that name?? The whole wolf/wolves to me is no better than the commanders.. and don’t get me started on the other names we could have been .. the monuments,admirals, for goodness sake the Football team .. that was a damn joke .. unless it’s a name I gave not heard I’m happy with commanders unless it goes back to Redskins .. and that ain’t gonna happen ..
I think the "legal issues" with the Red Wolves name was a crock! Jason probably came up with that cover story because the fans wanted Red Wolves and Snyder was gonna have the name he wanted regardless of what the fans wanted.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:20 AM   #27
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I think the "legal issues" with the Red Wolves name was a crock! Jason probably came up with that cover story because the fans wanted Red Wolves and Snyder was gonna have the name he wanted regardless of what the fans wanted.
Red wolves wasn't the most popular choice though. Just saying. Warriors and something else were ahead. That said I'll always call them the Redskins no matter what they are called. Just be happy he didn't go with Redwolves or that name would have been the stain he left behind that most would want dropped.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:10 AM   #28
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If the new owner's priority is to change the name, then we're in trouble. There are a TON of priorities for this new ownership team to deal with. Thankfully it seems that this is not a priority whatsoever for Harris and Co.

Also, Snyder put on a bigger stain on this team by his toxic/abusive work culture/environment, the YEARS of losing on and off the field, and him gutting this team financially to support his lifestyle. So people need to GTFOH with the whole "the name is a Snyder stain" BS.

This is how I feel. The misogynistic work place he created is a far bigger issue to me. As a son, husband and father his shitty treatment he tolerated of women has been a far bigger issue. I could care less about the name. I am way over that.

If you are looking at growth from a business perspective that is also a far bigger issue than the name. Casual fans don't want to be associated with that. If the Commanders want to compete for viewership and attendance in a very different demographic than they did when they were top of the heap in the 80s and 90s they will have to make the experience worthwhile. Winning is obviously important to fans like us but casual fans are what drives dollars.
Old 05-23-2023, 03:20 PM   #29
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This is how I feel. The misogynistic work place he created is a far bigger issue to me. As a son, husband and father his shitty treatment he tolerated of women has been a far bigger issue. I could care less about the name. I am way over that.

If you are looking at growth from a business perspective that is also a far bigger issue than the name. Casual fans don't want to be associated with that. If the Commanders want to compete for viewership and attendance in a very different demographic than they did when they were top of the heap in the 80s and 90s they will have to make the experience worthwhile. Winning is obviously important to fans like us but casual fans are what drives dollars.
Imagine he will take his toxic work environment with him when he leaves. The name he will leave behind which is a Snyder stain that will still need to be removed.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:19 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

All the toxic work place stuff is over with and Dan will soon be gone, so to me that is in the past. The present is what matters, not what happened in the past.

I think the new group needs to get in here and roll their sleeves up. I think the right time for a name change would be when they go into the new stadium or a year before. You can't change the name after just changing it. No way that happens.

The smart thing to do would not go w/ Redwolves or anything w/ RED. But go to something that was in the fight song. The Washington Warpaths sounds fucking fantastic and that would resonate w/ our fanbase. You go w/ that and put an arrow on the helmets, that is us. You mean to tell me people wouldn't like that? But Commanders one day has to go and never be heard from again. Ever. That name has to be bad for business.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote